An Old School Catholic Message Board

News!

rkwright

I know I don't know any of you personally, but you are the pham to me...

I am engaged! I proposed this weekend and she said yes...

so happy all weekend!

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1489337' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:20 AM']I guess you didn't put the ring in a helium balloon. We want to hear all the mushy details.[/quote]

Well... I live about 2 hours away and she comes down to see me for the weekends. We stay with my grandparents since I live alone. She drove in and before we went to my grandparents I took her up to the church. I had gone to confession Thursday night and part of my penance was to dedicate myself to Mary's care, so I thought it would be good to dedicate our whole relationship and future to Mary's care. We went up to the church, lit a candle, said prayers, dedicated our future to Mary and Jesus' care, then after we were done I asked her. She cried a lot and was really happy. It was a surprise, but she knew it was coming sometime soon.

Anyways... thats the story.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='rkwright' post='1489271' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:28 PM']I know I don't know any of you personally, but you are the pham to me...

I am engaged! I proposed this weekend and she said yes...

so happy all weekend![/quote]

Awww! I am SO happy for ya!! :yahoo: :beer: :cheers: :bounce: :clap: :banana: :taco: :bounce: That is such great news that we can certainly all celebrate about! :yahoo: :kicking: :bigclap:

thank you for sharing the great news with us too!! It gives us hope and is a great witness to the vocation of marriage, and that is always needed! :yahoo: :banana: :taco:

prayers from the pham! And your story of you praying and trusting in the Blessed Mother is so *very* beautiful! :D :D :D It made me smile!!

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1489345' date='Mar 31 2008, 02:08 AM']Awww! I am SO happy for ya!! :yahoo: :beer: :cheers: :bounce: :clap: :banana: :taco: :bounce: That is such great news that we can certainly all celebrate about! :yahoo: :kicking: :bigclap:

thank you for sharing the great news with us too!! It gives us hope and is a great witness to the vocation of marriage, and that is always needed! :yahoo: :banana: :taco:

prayers from the pham! And your story of you praying and trusting in the Blessed Mother is so *very* beautiful! :D :D :D It made me smile!![/quote]

+

I thought I went crazy with the smilies! ;)

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Veritas' post='1489358' date='Mar 31 2008, 02:45 AM']+

I thought I went crazy with the smilies! ;)[/quote]

Nooo way! thats me holding back ;) I actually use be a smiley craze in all my posts but I've held back the past couple of years.

but I still got all of them memorized that I really don't need the pull-up window. :mellow:

Sad I know. :tomato:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='rkwright' post='1489341' date='Mar 31 2008, 02:42 AM']Well... I live about 2 hours away and she comes down to see me for the weekends. We stay with my grandparents since I live alone. She drove in and before we went to my grandparents I took her up to the church. I had gone to confession Thursday night and part of my penance was to dedicate myself to Mary's care, so I thought it would be good to dedicate our whole relationship and future to Mary's care. We went up to the church, lit a candle, said prayers, dedicated our future to Mary and Jesus' care, then after we were done I asked her. She cried a lot and was really happy. It was a surprise, but she knew it was coming sometime soon.

Anyways... thats the story.[/quote]

Congratulations! :)) Thats a really awesome story.