Gunga_ann Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 I was just wondering. I was asked to be one!!! What do y'all think?
Gunga_ann Posted February 22, 2004 Author Posted February 22, 2004 :D I am sorry if I spelled anything wrong. I can't spell. I have created my own dictionary to hold all the words I have misspelled. hehehe
immaculata Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 Yes, I was my sister's Confirmation sponsor last year. It's been really amesome being able to be a role model for her like that.
the_rev Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 I am gonna ask this one older parish member to be my sponsor he is so nice to me and gives me money. It would make his day to become my sponsor!
immaculata Posted February 23, 2004 Posted February 23, 2004 My sister and I go to adoration together and stuff now. I can't wait till she gets to high school next year!
Gunga_ann Posted February 23, 2004 Author Posted February 23, 2004 Hey, that is all amesome! I feel so special to help someone out. It is amesome!
cathgirl Posted February 23, 2004 Posted February 23, 2004 i think it would be so much fun to be a sponser. I wish I could talk to mine more often.
the_rev Posted February 23, 2004 Posted February 23, 2004 What grade level do ya'll get confirmed at?
Gunga_ann Posted February 24, 2004 Author Posted February 24, 2004 I was a freshman.in high school. One of my very good friends got confirmed last november. and he is like 23 now.
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 24, 2004 Posted February 24, 2004 I am going to be my niece's sponsor this April. We turned in our papers and everything. I'm also my little brother's Godmother.
immaculata Posted February 24, 2004 Posted February 24, 2004 We were confirmed in 7th grade, most schools around here confirm in either 7th or 8th
rachael Posted February 28, 2004 Posted February 28, 2004 nope, because i have a sponser right now...im getting confirmed soon!
let_go_let_God Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 This is going to sound wierd, but up where I live you usually don't get Confirmed until your a junior or a senior in high school. I was Confirmed as a senior. So I just got Confirmed before Christmas 2003, and I was so happy when I got Confirmed. I still stay in close contact with my sponsor and about two weeks ago my best friend asked me to be his sponsor. I felt so blessed when he asked me. So rachael congrats on you getting Confirmed soon and may God bless you. God bless all of you guys too, let_go_let_God
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 (edited) [quote]I am sorry if I spelled anything wrong. I can't spell. I have created my own dictionary to hold all the words I have misspelled. hehehe[/quote] Since you're a newbie, I'll let you in on a little secret...for a little while after you sumbit your post, there will be an "Edit" button on it and if you press that you can go back and make changes to errors or add stuff. Yay, this is my 400th post! Edited March 11, 2004 by Raphael
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 I was confirmed in 8th grade, but most of the kids I lead on retreats are sophomores in high school...
littleflower+JMJ Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 i would love to be a sponsor. i would be honored. so far im not but i know i would't hesitate to be one! it must be so wonderful!!
Homestarlover85 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 i was one.....its such a cool thing. My girl moved, but I still try to keep in touch. It also helped me to realize things about my faith.
little_angel202 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 i had the great privillage of being confirmed when i was only 9! this is because our parish is very small and there are hardly ever conformations so my parents made the most of the bishops visit ! i am also a sponsor now!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now