Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 [quote name='farglefeezlebut' post='1497030' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:48 AM']My mum craved burnt toast. Really burn, so it was almost like eating a lump of ash.[/quote] Your mother may have had pica. Tell her to get some more iron with her next pregnancy.
MIKolbe Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1497202' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:01 AM']HAH butter pickles and any kind of ice cream!!!!! One night when I was riding home from college [ back in the day] on the bus an older gentlemen was riding all the way across town to a grocery store to buy pickles for his wife, it was their first baby, he was so excited.[/quote] they had pickles back then?
farglefeezlebut Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 [quote name='Raphael' post='1497231' date='Apr 11 2008, 07:55 PM']Your mother may have had pica. Tell her to get some more iron with her next pregnancy. [/quote] I think my mum has reached the point in her life where there will be no more pregnancies.
CatherineM Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 Yeah, that's what they kept telling me too. My great-grandmother had her last one at 48, so I'm not going to hold my breath until I'm at least 50.
Old_Joe Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1497202' date='Apr 11 2008, 01:01 PM']HAH butter pickles and any kind of ice cream!!!!! One night when I was riding home from college [ back in the day] on the bus an older gentlemen was riding all the way across town to a grocery store to buy pickles for his wife, it was their first baby, he was so excited.[/quote] Some Cold Stone Creamery stores have pickles as an mix-in.
StColette Posted April 11, 2008 Author Posted April 11, 2008 [quote name='Old_Joe' post='1497333' date='Apr 11 2008, 04:24 PM']Some Cold Stone Creamery stores have pickles as an mix-in.[/quote] ew I think I'm gonna be sick!
CatherineM Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 They have pickle flavored potato chips here, and ketchup flavored too. Kind of pregnant woman nirvana.
cmotherofpirl Posted April 11, 2008 Posted April 11, 2008 [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1497241' date='Apr 11 2008, 03:12 PM']they had pickles back then? [/quote]
Old_Joe Posted April 12, 2008 Posted April 12, 2008 [quote name='StColette' post='1497357' date='Apr 11 2008, 04:58 PM']ew I think I'm gonna be sick![/quote] Maybe they're sweet pickles and/or they had pregnant womens' cravings in mind.
franciscanheart Posted April 12, 2008 Posted April 12, 2008 [quote name='StColette' post='1496564' date='Apr 10 2008, 03:50 PM']BBQ Pringles & Pickles [/quote] [quote name='CatherineM' post='1496608' date='Apr 10 2008, 04:42 PM']I kept wanting to eat pickles with popcorn. Plus, anything chocolate.[/quote] [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1496862' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:47 PM']No talking about booze in the pregnant lady's thread. Its just rude. StColette, the only thing I ever craved (and I got it with all 3 pregnancies!) was fruit salad! I'd buy every type of fruit I could get my hands on and make big bowls of the stuff. Soooo good! [/quote] [quote name='Lil Red' post='1496938' date='Apr 10 2008, 11:33 PM']i craved Thanksgiving dinner. if i could've eaten a Thanksgiving meal every day, I would've been happy.[/quote] You people are making me hungry!! Those all sound delicious. Oh... Red, that's super cute! I love Thanksgiving dinner! [quote name='Old_Joe' post='1497333' date='Apr 11 2008, 03:24 PM']Some Cold Stone Creamery stores have pickles as an mix-in.[/quote] That's so cool! [quote name='dust (the ultra-handsome' post='1497410' date='Apr 11 2008, 05:14 PM']Bananas with cilantro, dipped in hummus.[/quote] This is the first one that's sounded disgusting. I love each of those ingredients... seperately!
cathoholic_anonymous Posted April 13, 2008 Posted April 13, 2008 I get odd cravings for things all the time. For the past four months or so it has been pickled onions and Szechuan beef. I could happily eat a quadruple helping of these every day. To the best of my knowledge and belief, I'm not pregnant. Unless I have an alter ego who comes out when I'm asleep or something and takes over my life.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 [quote name='StColette' post='1502794' date='Apr 18 2008, 04:50 PM']New craving! Dry cereal lol[/quote] I bought it for her.
StColette Posted April 18, 2008 Author Posted April 18, 2008 [quote name='Raphael' post='1502799' date='Apr 18 2008, 04:53 PM'] I bought it for her.[/quote] I've ate three of those little boxes today lol
Archaeology cat Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 I can't tell you how many boxes of rice crispies I went through whilst pregnant! I rarely eat it normally, but had it all the time then, especially from weeks 10-19 (the worst of the evening sickness for me).
knightec Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 My wife always wanted roast beef and corn on the cob. The problem was these cravings only came at 2 am. Where do you find roast beef at 2am?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now