inDEED Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 I KNEW it was close!!! The Assumption of Mary... WOOT!!! :D
VanHooty Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 That's this Friday? Argh.... why did they have to make it obligatory? It means I have to bully the entire family to go to Mass. I have a difficult job doing that on Sundays, let alone on a Friday. *sigh* At least it'll be a single family event. And enjoyable once we all get there, gratefully.
inDEED Posted August 5, 2003 Author Posted August 5, 2003 You know...it's funny... When it's announce a couple weeks before, I've heard people say, "This (blank day) we are blessed with the obligation of Mass..." I'm down...
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 the beautiful day when our Holy Mother was assumped into Heaven to be our Queen of Heave! O Clement, O Loving, O Sweet Virgin Mary, pray for us O Holy Mother of God, that we may be worthy of the promises of Christ! AMen!! thanks for the reminder indeed! you just love those holy days of obligation don't ya? ;)
Chrysologus Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 That's next Friday, of course: the fifteenth.
Kilroy the Ninja Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 Has this been entered into the PhatMass calendar? (See top of page). If not, someone should. In fact, all the HDOO should be entered just as reminders. It would be nice if there was a banner up on the HDOO just in case anyone forgot. Even the most pious can be scatter-brained...
Kilroy the Ninja Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 Ok, I just looked and it's there. Good job!!
inDEED Posted August 5, 2003 Author Posted August 5, 2003 That's next Friday, of course: the fifteenth.
VanHooty Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 Woohoo! That means I only have to mention it to the family, and I don't have to bully them! Next Friday we are blessed with the obligation of Mass. Woohoo! :lol:
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 hey since we remembered it we have no excuse cuz we've already known for a whole week in advance..... thanks indeeed! :D
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 Lets keep this thread bumped so we don't forget... goodness only knows that I probably will forget between now and then until the day actually rolls around. lol The 15th is also my due date, so keep us in your prayers, Mama and I will keep everyone posted. :)
Good Friday Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 dUSt could probably sticky it when he gets back. I'll PM him.
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 9, 2003 Posted August 9, 2003 geez this thread scared me half to death, i was sitting here earlier and i read it thinking it was today and i went running to my sister and was all going bonkers untill she told me that it was not till next week! false alarm! i guess at least i'm ready for next week! <_<
Good Friday Posted August 9, 2003 Posted August 9, 2003 I decided to bump this one too, since it was getting close to the bottom of the page and thus would be on page 2 before I know it. lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now