An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mr Carter And Hamas

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://www.onenewsnow.com/Headlines/Default.aspx?id=76876"]http://www.onenewsnow.com/Headlines/Default.aspx?id=76876[/url]

dairygirl4u2c

so is calling him mr carter instead of former president carter like a zing to him or? am i just reading too much into this?

i do realize that carter is considered a liberal kook by republicans. which i don't disagree with a whole lot. but, given that that's what he's considered, i wouldn't be surprised if the republican sheep band together to say "mr" instead of something more dignified.
would you say mr bush for the bush's after tehy are done etc?

maybe reading too much into it, i don't know.

Perhaps it's Mr. Carter because he's acting as a private citizen and not representing the government. When Bush the Elder and Clinton the Male went on that tour after the tsunamis, they called it the two president's tour. A different function entirely. Maybe I missed it, but what group is Carter representing this time? I'm assuming it's not Habitat for Humanity.

cmotherofpirl

Last I checked Mr Carter is no longer president.

[url="http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62069"]http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=62069[/url]

[url="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351953,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351953,00.html[/url]

Madame Vengier

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1505448' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:48 AM']so is calling him mr carter instead of former president carter like a zing to him or? am i just reading too much into this?

i do realize that carter is considered a liberal kook by republicans. which i don't disagree with a whole lot. but, given that that's what he's considered, i wouldn't be surprised if the republican sheep band together to say "mr" instead of something more dignified.

maybe reading too much into it, i don't know.[/quote]

Who cares? He supports terrorists and hates Jews.

And he is a liberal kook. Surely even smart liberals know that, too.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1505613' date='Apr 21 2008, 12:14 PM']Perhaps it's Mr. Carter because he's acting as a private citizen and not representing the government. When Bush the Elder and Clinton the Male went on that tour after the tsunamis, they called it the two president's tour. A different function entirely. Maybe I missed it, but what group is Carter representing this time? I'm assuming it's not Habitat for Humanity.[/quote]

He's representing terrorists and Jew-haters.

Madame-you seem so angry all the time. I'd like to see a quote that proves that Carter is a Jew-hater. Most liberals are accused of the exact opposite. Trying to be a mediator is a difficult thing. Trying to get one side to compromise in the effort of peace doesn't mean he hates them. The Holy Father has a great interest in there being peace in the middle east. Supporting people that are engaged in that very difficult work seems to be in keeping with the Pope's desires.

I love Jimmy Carter. He was actually a President who lived his faith while in office. He just wasn't enough of a hypocrite to pretend to be anything than other than what he was. A man who truly cared for all the people of the world.
He has done more for more people that most citizens of this country and certainly more than any of the Presidents, past or present.
hate (don't hate, appreciate) speech against anyone isn't really a part of Phatmass. At least not since I have been here. You know who you are.
Windbaggery.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Deb' post='1506131' date='Apr 21 2008, 10:42 PM']I love Jimmy Carter. He was actually a President who lived his faith while in office. He just wasn't enough of a hypocrite to pretend to be anything than other than what he was. A man who truly cared for all the people of the world.
He has done more for more people that most citizens of this country and certainly more than any of the Presidents, past or present.
hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) speech against anyone isn't really a part of Phatmass. At least not since I have been here. You know who you are.
Windbaggery.[/quote]
"hate (don't hate, appreciate)" Speech? You mean honesty.
He was certainly not a good president, and now he is breaking the law by being in contact with terrorists.

Carter got pegged with the anti semite label after his last book. The evidence was so bad that he lost half the board of the Carter Center.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1505448' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:48 AM']so is calling him mr carter instead of former president carter like a zing to him or? am i just reading too much into this?

maybe reading too much into it, i don't know.[/quote]
Calling him "Mr. Carter"??! Wow, the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy knows no bounds!
Last I heard, referring to someone with the title of "Mr." was quite dignified and respectful. I mean, they could've refered to him as jes' plain ol' Jimmy! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Deb' post='1506131' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:42 PM']He has done more for more people that most citizens of this country and certainly more than any of the Presidents, past or present.[/quote]
lol

edit: a simple lol does not suffice, I must add to my original comment

:sweat:

:hehehe:

:hehe:

:rolling:

:lol_roll:

:lol_pound:

:lol:

:lol_above:

:thumbdown:

:biglol:

:drunk:

Edited by notardillacid

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Deb' post='1506131' date='Apr 21 2008, 08:42 PM']You know who you are.
Windbaggery.[/quote]

Communism. You know who you are, too. Back from Darfur yet, Deb?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Socrates' post='1506291' date='Apr 21 2008, 10:02 PM']Calling him "Mr. Carter"??! Wow, the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy knows no bounds!
Last I heard, referring to someone with the title of "Mr." was quite dignified and respectful. I mean, they could've refered to him as jes' plain ol' Jimmy! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hey, friend! Glad to see you here. This has to be the most hilarious thread going in the forum right now. :sweat: