An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosalind Moss Speaking In Savannah This Weekend

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

Is anyone in the area going to [url="http://www.st-teresa.com/Rosalind_Moss_speeches.php"][u]this talk[/u][/url] by Rosalind Moss?

I would love to go just to get a chance to speak with her afterwards if possible about her new religious community, but I am in California and I can't find a cheap enough flight with such little notice. Does anyone know if she is speaking anywhere else in May that I might be able to get to with an advance purchase fare?

Edited by nunsense

Laudem Gloriae

Annie, you can try this website (if you haven't already?) about Rosalind Moss's speaking schedule. She is often on Catholic Answers Live radio show so maybe you could either call the radio station and speak to her on the radio or call the Catholic Answers' office (pone numbers at bottom of website) and speak to someone there who could get you in touch with them. She works closely with Catholic Answers and has for years. [url="http://www.catholic.com/radio/event.php?event=5074&full=true&date=2008-03-19"]http://www.catholic.com/radio/event.php?ev...date=2008-03-19[/url]

But on this forum, [url="http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=3246870#post3246870"]http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?...870#post3246870[/url], members where talking about Rosalind, her order and some brought up her and "supersessionism" and it not being a doctrine of the Catholic Church. I don't know what that is all about though.

Anyone know?

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1506465' date='Apr 21 2008, 10:56 PM']Annie, you can try this website (if you haven't already?) about Rosalind Moss's speaking schedule. She is often on Catholic Answers Live radio show so maybe you could either call the radio station and speak to her on the radio or call the Catholic Answers' office (pone numbers at bottom of website) and speak to someone there who could get you in touch with them. She works closely with Catholic Answers and has for years. [url="http://www.catholic.com/radio/event.php?event=5074&full=true&date=2008-03-19"]http://www.catholic.com/radio/event.php?ev...date=2008-03-19[/url]

But on this forum, [url="http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=3246870#post3246870"]http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?...870#post3246870[/url], members where talking about Rosalind, her order and some brought up her and "supersessionism" and it not being a doctrine of the Catholic Church. I don't know what that is all about though.

Anyone know?[/quote]

Thanks for the info - I had already sent an email to the radio station asking that they pass it on to her. As for the supersessionism charge, I think if you read this [u][url="http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2002/0210fea1.asp"]open letter she wrote to Cardinal Keeler [/url][/u] you can form your own opinion as to her views on supersessionism. Personally, I think she is pretty spot on, but I haven't heard all of the arguments for and against.

extract from the letter... (see link for full letter)

[i]But I am at a loss to understand how anyone can conclude, with Cardinal Kasper, that "the Church believes that Judaism, i.e., the faithful response of the Jewish people to God's irrevocable covenant, is salvific for them, because God is faithful to his promises" (emphasis mine).

It is this statement above all that has created in me, and in many others, such turmoil. Why then, if Israel is already in a saving covenant with God and if his coming was for the "nations other than Israel" (see comment in Reflections re Matthew 28:19) did Jesus weep over Jerusalem? Why then did the apostle Paul wish himself accursed for the sake of his kinsmen if their covenant was salvific?

There are so many confusing statements in the document that, if I took each sentence or even each paragraph at a time, this letter would become a small volume. The above is one instance. Who among us would deny that every individual's freedom of religion and freedom of conscience should be respected? But to deny that it is Christ alone who saves, that the Old Covenant was, as Paul says, "our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ" (Gal. 3:24, NASB), the one mediator between God and men (1 Tim. 2:5), is to deny Christ for ourselves. If he is not the Messiah of Israel-God come in the flesh (1 John 4:2)-then he is no one's Messiah.
[/i] Rosalind Moss

Sounds right to me! Or am I misunderstanding what she is saying here? Sounds like she is saying that the Jews aren't saved without Christ.

Edited by nunsense

Laudem Gloriae

That's great news about Rosalind. I hadn't read her open letter and I only found out about the talk about that supersessionalism when trying to look for her schedule to help you! I personally really like her and enjoyed her EWTN TV shows and love listening to her on the radio, so I was actually upset and worried when I thought she might have beliefs in anti-Catholic or "illegal" doctrines!

Grovetown is outside of AUGUSTA, GA. NOT SAVANNAH!!!

About a 3 hour difference there, folks.

I repeat -- it's AUGUSTA. I have this information from someone who lives there. They asked me to post the correction.

Blessings,
Gemma

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Gemma' post='1506665' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:21 AM']Grovetown is outside of AUGUSTA, GA. NOT SAVANNAH!!!

About a 3 hour difference there, folks.

I repeat -- it's AUGUSTA. I have this information from someone who lives there. They asked me to post the correction.

Blessings,
Gemma[/quote]

My error - I had to look up the Diocese of Savannah to get the information but the city and the closest airport etc is Augusta. thanks for catching that!

Edited by nunsense

inperpetuity

Rosalind's understanding of the salvific mission of the Church is correct. It's actually what the Church has always taught. While respecting the office of Cardinal Kasper, he does not have the charism of infallibility, and has unfortunately made not a few erroneous statements regarding his views on ecumenism. The holy father's patience is extraordinary when it comes to these and others who have similiar ideas even within the curia. Rosalind Moss is also correct in pointing out the error since it is our duty as christians to do so even when it involves a prelate. Good for her.

AccountDeleted

Ok, I am all booked! I couldn't find any speaking engagements for Rosalind in May and only one or two talks after that so I assumed that she was now getting ready to start work on her community, and if I wanted to hear her speak, it had better be now. I am flying to Augusta on Friday, and she is speaking from 9am-3pm on Saturday. The lady who is organizing the event was so sweet and helpful and gave me the name of two nearby motels and is arranging transport for me to the church and back! I am so happy about all this. If I had known Rosalind was flying out of San Diego (the organizer told me) then I would have left from there as well since I am halfway between LA and SD - but I had already booked out of LA. Rosalind probably needs some quiet time anyway, so it's just as well she doesn't have me on the same plane wanting to talk to her all the time :rolleyes: !

For anyone who is interested in her new community, I was sent this reply from the Archdiocese...

[i]Dear Ms. Macleod,

Thank you for your message. Recently, Rosalind Moss has made available an address to which interested persons may write for more information about the religious institute she is establishing, the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Israel's Hope. The address is as follows:

Rosalind Moss
P.O. Box 582
La Mesa, CA 91944

We hope that this information is helpful. If we might be of further assistance in this regard, please do not hesitate to write back.

Sincerely,

Office of Communications
Archdiocese of St. Louis[/i]

Edited by nunsense

TotusTuusMaria

Annie I am so happy you are going to be able to attend and hopefully speak with her! Praying you have a safe flight and a grace filled time! God bless you!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1506930' date='Apr 22 2008, 04:43 PM']Annie I am so happy you are going to be able to attend and hopefully speak with her! Praying you have a safe flight and a grace filled time! God bless you![/quote]

Thank you so much. I have no idea why I am so interested since I thought I wanted to become a hermit or at least go into another contemplative community, but the Lord works in interesting and mysterious ways. From the moment I first heard some audio files of interviews with Rosalind, something in me was kindled, and I just felt I had to meet her and talk to her. She actually makes me think of St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein) - she is so intelligent and her love for Jesus is just so apparent in the way she speaks.

This may not lead to a vocation with her community, but the Holy Spirit is definitely urging me to meet her so I am very happy about this trip.

[quote name='nunsense' post='1507258' date='Apr 23 2008, 02:18 AM']Thank you so much. I have no idea why I am so interested since I thought I wanted to become a hermit or at least go into another contemplative community, but the Lord works in interesting and mysterious ways. From the moment I first heard some audio files of interviews with Rosalind, something in me was kindled, and I just felt I had to meet her and talk to her. She actually makes me think of St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein) - she is so intelligent and her love for Jesus is just so apparent in the way she speaks.

This may not lead to a vocation with her community, but the Holy Spirit is definitely urging me to meet her so I am very happy about this trip.[/quote]

Good for you. Please update us when you are back from the trip.
Accompany you in prayers :)