socalscout Posted February 24, 2004 Posted February 24, 2004 Actually it is more like "See Ya later", 40 days later. For those of you who do not know I am giving up the computer for Lent. Not just the Web but every keystroke and mouse click. I am posting my last post now so I won't be tempted to respond to any later. This is going to kill me because I am seeing the Passion tomorrow and I wil not get to post on it. When I come back I will give you a full report on my "fast" and how it affected me. Who knows, I might give it up entirely...Nah! May God bless you and your families and I hope you all have a very happy Easter! John BKA SoCalScout
VeraMaria Posted February 24, 2004 Posted February 24, 2004 God Bless socalscout!!! I have to do so much HW on the computer it would be ipossible for me.... And for me phatmass is the only Catholic link i have except my parish, because my family is not religious...so i'll need it for Lent, lol May you have a fruitful Lenten season!!! God Bless! :D
Thomas Michael Posted February 24, 2004 Posted February 24, 2004 Best wishes to ya till then. I know I'd have to quit my job if I gave up computers for Lent.
geetarplayer Posted February 24, 2004 Posted February 24, 2004 You won't be seein' me 'round here either. Not till Easter. Later, kids. -Mark
Richard Posted February 24, 2004 Posted February 24, 2004 Best wishes guys. Thoughts and prayers etc. :)
ryanmeyersmusic Posted February 25, 2004 Posted February 25, 2004 I thought that Sundays we could rest from our Lenten fast...
Rebirth flame Posted February 25, 2004 Posted February 25, 2004 Later Guys!!!! God Bless you and have a happy, prayerful Lenten season!!! :D
Lounge Daddy Posted February 28, 2004 Posted February 28, 2004 I know socalscout is giving up his pc for Lent... But maybe Phatmass is giving up socalscout ... hehe
littleflower+JMJ Posted February 28, 2004 Posted February 28, 2004 absence makes the heart grow fonder :wub: :surrender: well miss you guys!! :cry:
Lounge Daddy Posted April 7, 2004 Posted April 7, 2004 [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Feb 28 2004, 12:38 PM'] absence makes the heart grow fonder :wub: well miss you guys!! [/quote] [font="Courier"]haha... be seein' those guys again real soon how cool is that?[/font]
socalscout Posted April 11, 2004 Author Posted April 11, 2004 I'm back. I have much to tell in a new thread. I missed all of you!
socalscout Posted April 11, 2004 Author Posted April 11, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 10 2004, 11:50 PM'] welcome back [/quote] Thank you!
socalscout Posted April 11, 2004 Author Posted April 11, 2004 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Apr 11 2004, 07:20 AM'] Hurrah, you have returned!! [/quote] Thanks CMom
ilovechrist Posted April 11, 2004 Posted April 11, 2004 whoa! i'm not sure if i would have the strength to give up the computer for Lent... that would be very tough. next year i'm going on a fellow PMer's idea with giving up hot showers---works for me!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now