Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Catholics Shouldn't Vote For Obama Or Clinton


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am starting this thread by request and I do think it is necesarry to be bold enough to announce that neither Clinton nor Obama are acceptable candidates to Catholics. The reason is very simple. Abortion is the quintessential issue and both Obama and Clinton have horrendous voting records in regards to the life issues. I know gas prices are high, I know a bell pepper costs over a dollar, but in comparison to the life issues those things are a hill of beans.

I get the sense that people are willing to gloss over the root issues of life, and give into the empty rhetoric that change is coming, when there is no plan action. And even if a plan of action existed it still wouldn't be enough to justify voting for either of the democrats. Knowing what I know about the candidates it would be a sin for me to vote for anyone but McCain.

Questions, Thoughts Disagreements? Oh yeah, check the change Obama's calling for below!!!! His logic is scary!!!!

Oh by the way, Monday night I had a very intense dream, and it was so real. I was dreaming that Obama came and sat in my living room and I began to chastise him for his stances on abortion and life. Tuesday morning at 7am I went over to the sacristy and my reader looks at me and says, "Did you see where Obama just showed up this morning in Evansville (my home) to talk with construction workers? It's a sign. I hope he saw me in his dreams monday night!!!


[url="http://amyproctor.squarespace.com/blog/2008/4/13/obama-men-have-the-sense-to-know-abortion-helps-them-and-oth.html"]Obama at Planned Parenthood-WOW![/url]


Pray and then Vote!

Edited by Pontifex
Posted

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1522862' date='May 8 2008, 10:34 PM']I am starting this thread by request and I do think it is necesarry to be bold enough to announce that neither Clinton nor Obama are acceptable candidates to Catholics. The reason is very simple. Abortion is the quintessential issue and both Obama and Clinton have horrendous voting records in regards to the life issues. I know gas prices are high, I know a bell pepper costs over a dollar, but in comparison to the life issues those things are a hill of beans.

I get the sense that people are willing to gloss over the root issues of life, and give into the empty rhetoric that change is coming, when there is no plan action. And even if a plan of action existed it still wouldn't be enough to justify voting for either of the democrats. Knowing what I know about the candidates it would be a sin for me to vote for anyone but McCain.

Questions, Thoughts Disagreements? Oh yeah, check the change Obama's calling for below!!!! His logic is scary!!!!

Oh by the way, Monday night I had a very intense dream, and it was so real. I was dreaming that Obama came and sat in my living room and I began to chastise him for his stances on abortion and life. Tuesday morning at 7am I went over to the sacristy and my reader looks at me and says, "Did you see where Obama just showed up this morning in Evansville (my home) to talk with construction workers? It's a sign. I hope he saw me in his dreams monday night!!!
[url="http://amyproctor.squarespace.com/blog/2008/4/13/obama-men-have-the-sense-to-know-abortion-helps-them-and-oth.html"]Obama at Planned Parenthood-WOW![/url]
Pray and then Vote![/quote]
Amen Father!!

(Incidentally, I don't think Obama or Clinton will do squat for my pocketbook either, but that's another topic.)

Norseman82
Posted

Congratulations, Obama.....it's hard to do, but there is now someone who scares me even more than the lifelong Yankees fan from Park Ridge, IL.

Posted (edited)

Yes, his mind set is scary and I agree that I see no evidence that he make the green pepper drop in price.

St. Faustina and St. Pio


Ora Pro Nobis!!!!




P-Fex

Edited by Pontifex
Posted

+J.M.J.+
Archbishop Sheen, pray for us!

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Thank you Father for so clearly stating the truth!

Posted

That helps Fr.

But do we really have a pro-life option in the election?

Posted (edited)

[size=1]I was watching that video you posted Father, and I nearly lost my mind! :madrant:

Obama is talking about how basically women cant succeed and follow their dreams because they are WOMEN!!
He wants to make it so women can be more like men with the use of contraceptives and birth control!!!

Since when was being a women a BAD thing Obama? Since when was it harder for women to succeed because they could make BABIES?
How about instead of trying to make women aspire to be men, we should CELEBRATE our differences especially regarding birth instead of treating it like an ILLNESS!


It seems to me that Obama is the one with NO RESPECT for women, not prolifers.
[/size]

Edited by CrossCuT
Posted

Lame...

I mean... wrong section <_<

Posted

[quote name='CrossCuT' post='1523276' date='May 9 2008, 01:38 PM'][size=1]I was watching that video you posted Father, and I nearly lost my mind! :madrant:

Obama is talking about how basically women cant succeed and follow their dreams because they are WOMEN!!
He wants to make it so women can be more like men with the use of contraceptives and birth control!!!

Since when was being a women a BAD thing Obama? Since when was it harder for women to succeed because they could make BABIES?
How about instead of trying to make women aspire to be men, we should CELEBRATE our differences especially regarding birth instead of treating it like an ILLNESS!
It seems to me that Obama is the one with NO RESPECT for women, not prolifers.
[/size][/quote]

Exactly!!!!!!! Obama has no respect for women with his mentality. It's actually the opposite of the empowerment of women, because you are speaking of the natural role of women as if it is a burden. So if we do away with the burden that women have of giving birth, they can be on a equal par with men? What? How crazy is that? Women should be outraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE MESSAGE OF OBAMA: IF WOMEN WERE ONLY MORE LIKE MEN, THEY COULD HAVE THE SAME OPPORTUNITIES!!!!!!!


To answer the question about a pro-life candidate. Yes, McCain's voting record for the life issues is stellar in comparison to either one the democrats. His voting black mark is in regards to stem cell research and he has since changed his view on that. (genuine or not, it has still changed) Leaps and bounds above the other two anti-lifers.


P-Fex

cmotherofpirl
Posted

What opportunity for a woman is more important that the creating and nurturing of Life? We create and shape the generations that come after us, what could be more satisfying than that?

Posted

[size=1]He is just sick and twisted.

As a woman, I do not support Obama because he does not support me.
[/size]

rizz_loves_jesus
Posted

Feminists tell us women to fight our femininity like it's a disease <_< It makes me so outraged.

Posted

To be honest, I don't like any of them. :mellow:

irishdancer
Posted (edited)

Me either. I really don't want to vote for another old man. There should be a real choice. But there isn't. I'm a bit discouraged as the primary approaches.

Edited by irishdancer
Posted

No offense, but, again, don't we have an election section?

Posted

[quote name='irishdancer' post='1524175' date='May 10 2008, 03:36 PM']Me either. I really don't want to vote for another old man. There should be a real choice. But there isn't. I'm a bit discouraged as the primary approaches.[/quote]
I find this "I don't want to vote for another old man" talk shallow and superficial. It always annoys me when people make age, sex, race, etc. at the center of their political emphasis.
It reminds me of the griping over the age of the Pope (who incidentally is almost a decade older than McCain).

I'm not much of a McCain fan myself, though he's preferable to the two Dems. All three are more-or-less big government liberals.

Posted

[quote name='Socrates' post='1525439' date='May 11 2008, 11:53 PM']I find this "I don't want to vote for another old man" talk shallow and superficial. It always annoys me when people make age, sex, race, etc. at the center of their political emphasis.
It reminds me of the griping over the age of the Pope (who incidentally is almost a decade older than McCain).

I'm not much of a McCain fan myself, though he's preferable to the two Dems. All three are more-or-less big government liberals.[/quote]

Would you consider voting for Mike Gravel or whoever ends up getting the Libertarian nomination? What about the Constitutionalist party?

Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1526731' date='May 13 2008, 12:04 AM']Would you consider voting for Mike Gravel or whoever ends up getting the Libertarian nomination? What about the Constitutionalist party?[/quote]

no way... Gravel's just an old grumpy white man...

:lol_roll: ha, j/k

Posted

[quote name='CrossCuT' post='1523441' date='May 9 2008, 07:29 PM'][size=1]He is just sick and twisted.
[/size][/quote]

Sick and twisted? Come on...we can disagree with the guy, but to call him "sick and twisted" is a bit of an exaggeration. Based on that, we would have to refer to a large part of our country as "sick and twisted" because of their views on abortion, too. I know his are pretty far out there....but, again, I don't think "sick and twisted" is an appropriate criticism. Wrong? Immoral? Sad? Perhaps. But not "sick and twisted."

[quote name='Didymus' post='1528427' date='May 14 2008, 01:52 PM']no way... Gravel's just an old grumpy white man...

:lol_roll: ha, j/k[/quote]

Haha. I hate (don't hate, appreciate) that people won't vote for "old people." It seems like you would want someone with the experience and wisdom that an older person might have. But, then again, people look down on candidates who are "elitists" in favor of "regular folk." Is it just me, or do you want the smartest, most morally-grounded person in there, not necessarily the person who can clear brush or harvest a field?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...