Sign in to follow this  
thessalonian

If You Could Ask An Atheist A Question, What Would It Be?

thessalonian
This Friday there is going to be an aetheist on a local radio station (kkms.com, check out the Jeff and Lee program). If you could ask an aetheist one question, what would it be?

If you have time listen to this debate between this guy (August Bershire) and a protestant pastor before you answer the question.

[url="http://206.123.105.98/AugustBerkshire"]http://206.123.105.98/AugustBerkshire[/url]

TeresaBenedicta
I would ask if they believed in an objective truth and if they desired and were actively seeking for that truth. That way I would know how to pray for them.

As a former atheist, I know the importance of first believing in an objective truth. If an atheist can be convinced of this, and if they truly desire to know the truth, then I have no doubt what-so-ever that they will find God. If they do not as of yet either believe in an objective truth or have a sincere desire to know the truth, then I know what my prayer for them will be.

Veridicus
[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1533865' date='May 19 2008, 04:15 PM']Boxers or briefs?[/quote]

Depends.

I would ask: "Why is blue?"

jeffpugh
Some Atheists might just be blind to our questions. Just be careful, that's all. Sometimes you have to walk away. Doesn't mean they've won, just means they don't wanna play the game. Hope this minister is up on his rhetoric to point out the fallacies that might occur. Same w/ the Atheist. It may or may not turn out to be clean fight.

thessalonian
[quote name='Veridicus' post='1534171' date='May 19 2008, 10:06 PM']Maybe we should move this thread to the lame board!!![/quote]

Why should a serious thread with a serious question be moved to the lame board because of the silliness of the posters. I am asking a serious question. I am well call in to the program.

Ziggamafu
[i][b]Is there real meaning to your value judgments or is all subjectively perceived "meaning" merely a biological illusion - a trick evolution plays on us to keep us going?[/b][/i]

The atheist can only answer in one way; and it forces all sorts of uncomfortable questions for him. You can do so many things with this question and the answer it forces.

thessalonian
[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1534397' date='May 20 2008, 12:34 AM']Some Atheists might just be blind to our questions. Just be careful, that's all. Sometimes you have to walk away. Doesn't mean they've won, just means they don't wanna play the game. Hope this minister is up on his rhetoric to point out the fallacies that might occur. Same w/ the Atheist. It may or may not turn out to be clean fight.[/quote]

This is a show that is going to be aired so I dont think walking away is an option. He will be on so the best questions should be presented to him. I am not expecting to convince him but to help others.

jeffpugh
[quote name='Didacus' post='1534545' date='May 20 2008, 09:02 AM']What is the question to the ultimate anwser: 26?[/quote]
I thought it's Fourty-two. :mellow:

[quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1534546' date='May 20 2008, 09:03 AM'][i][b]Is there real meaning to your value judgments or is all subjectively perceived "meaning" merely a biological illusion - a trick evolution plays on us to keep us going?[/b][/i]

The atheist can only answer in one way; and it forces all sorts of uncomfortable questions for him. You can do so many things with this question and the answer it forces.[/quote]
Great question *writes it down*

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1534547' date='May 20 2008, 09:04 AM']This is a show that is going to be aired so I dont think walking away is an option. He will be on so the best questions should be presented to him. I am not expecting to convince him but to help others.[/quote]
Yes, that's true. Can't really convince them right away.

Justin86
[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1535762' date='May 21 2008, 03:03 PM']I thought it's Fourty-two. :mellow:[/quote]
I was thinking "25 + 1".

I'm more interested if this guy prefers Macs or PCs. Hmmmm...