Excelsior1027 Posted June 4, 2008 Posted June 4, 2008 [quote name='picchick' post='1556867' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:20 PM']However, I started LOST in the middle of the season and semi got what was going on so maybe I won't be half bad off.[/quote] Gosh, if you can do that, you can do anything...
CrossCuT Posted June 4, 2008 Author Posted June 4, 2008 [size=1]I think its time for DARK chocolate! [/size]
picchick Posted June 4, 2008 Posted June 4, 2008 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1556902' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:38 PM'][size=1]I think its time for DARK chocolate! [/size][/quote] have you ever had 75% dark chocolate? Question about the movie: any good battle scenes?
CrossCuT Posted June 4, 2008 Author Posted June 4, 2008 [size=1]75% Are you kidding??? Ive had 85%!!! Yeah, there are quite a few battle scenes! [/size]
rachael Posted June 4, 2008 Posted June 4, 2008 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1556902' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:38 PM'][size=1]I think its time for DARK chocolate! [/size][/quote]
homeschoolmom Posted June 4, 2008 Posted June 4, 2008 Well, I have to say... Thanks everyone for turning a thread about a movie with nice, Christian themes into an off-topic thread about just about everything else. Nice going.
N/A Gone Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 [quote]QUOTE(CrossCuT @ May 20 2008, 07:28 PM) I liked it but it left me feeling sad and empty cause Peter and Susan cant go back anymore! :[/quote] WOW, I felt the same. I was literally sad for a while afterwards (even sent phatcatholic a text, whom btw did not like the kiss) I really felt sad after this movie. [quote]QUOTE(homeschoolmom @ May 21 2008, 09:22 AM) Susan and Peter are supposed to be sad that they won't see ASLAN again and this little distraction makes me think that Susan will miss Caspian more [spoiler]but may that's intentional since Susan strays ultimately and is no longer a friend of Narnia... maybe it's a set up for that..[/spoiler].[/quote] I need to take a weekend and read the series. But I think I will get sad. That smells of elderberries [quote]QUOTE(tgoldson @ May 21 2008, 09:57 AM) The song at the end of the movie was horrible.[/quote] Helped create the sad feeling. [quote]QUOTE(Autumn Dusk @ May 22 2008, 08:59 AM) That and for someone who dosn't know [spoiler]Peter and Susan have to leave it can be devastating...but the point was that this occurs for their good[/spoiler].[/quote] I was watching it with someone who kept whispering so I guess I missed the "slow" parts. The "kill the false king with water" part did take WAY too long, though. yes, it was devastating. "for their good" makes no sense to me. What is the "false king with water" part? I apparently missed it/. [quote]QUOTE(sarcasmguy126 @ May 23 2008, 03:47 PM) Her lips got thinner, did anyone notice?[/quote] No, but there was a scene were she was laying down and my 10 yr old brother noticed they were focusing on her chest. He was bothered by it and I thought it was comical. They probably did it so we thought of her as "woman" not "child" so the love story would not be weird. [quote]QUOTE(HisChildForever @ May 24 2008, 03:38 PM) I was surprised how quickly into the movie they went back to Narnia. And I agree with AD, I think the water seen was real anticlimatic.[/quote] So anticlimatic I cannot remember it. Someone want to remind me?
homeschoolmom Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 [quote name='Revprodeji' post='1558332' date='Jun 4 2008, 08:45 PM']can a mod fix my post on page 2?[/quote] Well, it's usually considered good manners to pm a mod and ask politely for an edit-- stating exactly what you would like. In general, we don't edit content unless it violates the rules. We don't usually have all day on the phorum, you know? I'm still not sure exactly what you hoped to have edited... but I will give it a try. Also, it's helpful to indicate a post number rather than a page. I have my settings at 40 posts per page, so my numbering is not the same as yours.
N/A Gone Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1558437' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:20 PM']Well, it's usually considered good manners to pm a mod and ask politely for an edit-- stating exactly what you would like. In general, we don't edit content unless it violates the rules. We don't usually have all day on the phorum, you know? I'm still not sure exactly what you hoped to have edited... but I will give it a try. Also, it's helpful to indicate a post number rather than a page. I have my settings at 40 posts per page, so my numbering is not the same as yours.[/quote] Sorry Mom...I did not mean disrespect. My original post had a problem with the censor/spoiler thing and it is all black. I tried to fix and re-post above. No worries on the edit. [quote name='rachael' post='1558465' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:28 PM'][/quote] Me?
homeschoolmom Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 No, I think me. Sorry if I sounded snippy. There was a lot going on moderator wise yesterday... that's all...
N/A Gone Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 I will trade you. I am a mod on a heavy sports forum with the NHL playoffs ending, NBA finals starting and the NBA draft soon.. takes away from my phatmass time.
Archaeology cat Posted June 28, 2008 Posted June 28, 2008 I see what people were saying about that song at the end. Overall, though, I thought it was very good.
ardillacid Posted June 30, 2008 Posted June 30, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1558437' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:20 PM']Well, it's usually considered good manners to pm a mod and ask politely for an edit-- stating exactly what you would like. In general, we don't edit content unless it violates the rules. We don't usually have all day on the phorum, you know? I'm still not sure exactly what you hoped to have edited... but I will give it a try. Also, it's helpful to indicate a post number rather than a page. I have my settings at 40 posts per page, so my numbering is not the same as yours.[/quote] Will you please edit my post on page 3 as I indicated?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now