scardella Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 I'd say I'm more impressed by a type of hero moreso than any specific character: It's a man who truly embraces his role as a father. Examples: Peter in Hook Jack Campbell in The Family Man Sully in Monsters, Inc Mr. Incredible in The Incredibles
rizz_loves_jesus Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537833' date='May 22 2008, 07:36 PM']Okay, this might be a dumb question but is Odd Thomas the character from a Dean Koontz novel? I ask because I was looking for a Koontz novel the other day to read on a long plane ride. I was intrigued by the one called Odd Thomas (and there's a follow-up or sequel)...it's about a monk? I ended up not getting it becuase I just couldn't decide. There are so many Koontz books. I ended up getting Velocity.[/quote] Yeah, Odd Thomas is Dean Koontz. The one about monks is the third one, Brother Odd.
icelandic_iceskater Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [img]http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/8630/larryboy.jpg[/img]
Cure of Ars Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [img]http://www.niwifi.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wallpaper_napoleondance2.jpg[/img] Napoleon Dynamite
jeffpugh Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1537649' date='May 22 2008, 04:55 PM']Macguyver. A hero who used his brain.[/quote] Lawl [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1537668' date='May 22 2008, 05:05 PM'][img]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MELLO/16078~Spock-Star-Trek-Posters.jpg[/img] Or... [img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e34/TheVoodookilla/Datadork.jpg[/img] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegUWbv6oyo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegUWbv6oyo[/url][/quote] Data... yeah.. he's become a recent hero of mine. He's SOO cool [quote name='Cure of Ars' post='1538115' date='May 22 2008, 10:18 PM'][img]http://www.niwifi.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wallpaper_napoleondance2.jpg[/img] Napoleon Dynamite[/quote] Yessss
kujo Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [img]http://cdn.channel.aol.com/tvgalleries/humbug_scrubs-cox.jpg[/img]
djninja2005 Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 (edited) Well I tried to upload different pics. but it didn't work. My favorites are Spiderman, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Goku and Future Trunks of DBZ. Edited May 23, 2008 by djninja2005
Justin86 Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1538248' date='May 23 2008, 01:59 PM'][img]http://cdn.channel.aol.com/tvgalleries/humbug_scrubs-cox.jpg[/img][/quote] [mod]--Era Might[/mod]
Autumn Dusk Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [mod]--Era Might[/mod] I think that is too funny. Scrubs is the only show that my family watches as a family if we're all together and all tired. So HAIL COX.
samfran08x3 Posted May 26, 2008 Posted May 26, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1537609' date='May 22 2008, 04:31 PM']Oops...didn't notice the *fictional* part... If that's the case, I'd have to go with: [img]http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/7/u/B/batman4.jpg[/img][/quote] I LOVE BATMAN!!!! he's my hero fasho. i also love the ride
CatholicWing Posted May 26, 2008 Posted May 26, 2008 [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Romero"]Bishop Oscar Romero[/url] and [url="http://www.hrsolidarity.net/mainfile.php/1998vol08no06/1432/"]Bishop John Joseph[/url] Do you hear about them before? If not please read thier life story. They are our great Heroes. I hope PMs read their lives.
Ash Wednesday Posted May 26, 2008 Posted May 26, 2008 [img]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24083DC~DC-Comics-Wonder-Woman-Posters.jpg[/img] Wonder Woman was awesome. I had Wonder Woman underoos. [img]http://www.roganforever.com/imagesMain/xmen189Couple.jpg[/img] Wolverine, Rogue [img]http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/291/579/71/XenaSeason1.jpg[/img]
AngelofMusic Posted May 26, 2008 Posted May 26, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1537609' date='May 22 2008, 04:31 PM']Oops...didn't notice the *fictional* part... If that's the case, I'd have to go with: [img]http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/7/u/B/batman4.jpg[/img][/quote] YEAH!! Batman rules! I also like Hellboy [Catholic!]
prose Posted May 26, 2008 Posted May 26, 2008 [img]http://www.filmrecensies.tv/films/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/filmrecensiestvmrmagorium539w.jpg[/img]
The one pump wonder Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='LivingStone' post='1536852' date='May 21 2008, 11:20 PM']Just curious who is everyone's favorite hero in fictional books? Because this asks for fictional, this rules out saints, popes, Mama Mary, Jesus, etc.... My hero is straight up David Webb or Jason Bourne (did you know he's Catholic?)[/quote] Bournes Catholic!??!?!?!? Oh hes my hero now. Sorry Vasili Zitsef or what ever your Russan Name was ( enemy at the gates ) he kinda was my hero but not reallyy
CrossCuT Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='Cure of Ars' post='1538115' date='May 22 2008, 10:18 PM'][img]http://www.niwifi.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wallpaper_napoleondance2.jpg[/img] Napoleon Dynamite[/quote] [size=1]HECK YES! [/size]
nowak.chris Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 Bean, John Paul Wiggin (just found his story last night), Frodo, and the cast of characters in the book I'll never get around to writing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now