friendofJPII Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 [quote name='dust (the ultra-handsome' post='1545059' date='May 27 2008, 01:31 PM']Website name ideas that you probably shouldn't use: sexwiththepope.com hornycatholic.com pewsex.com catholicbabymaking.com howtohavesexwithcatholics.com catholickordontlick.com[/quote] Those are sacrilegious. We shouldn't even joke about such things.
rhetoricfemme Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 Awesome concept! I can't wait for it to see fruition! Oh, and I second whomever suggest [b]fruitsoftheflesh.com[/b]!
ardillacid Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 [quote name='friendofJPII' post='1550457' date='May 31 2008, 09:47 AM']Those are sacrilegious. We shouldn't even joke about such things.[/quote]
Brother Adam Posted June 11, 2008 Author Posted June 11, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1566793' date='Jun 10 2008, 05:30 PM'] what's going on with this?[/quote] The board of directors has been formed and is currently going through introductory proceedings. We will be meeting virtually over the next couple of months in preparation for the website which I will design with a couple of others. The board includes some of the most faithful, well trained Catholics in the field.
lilac_angel Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 (edited) That original website sounded horrendous and offensive, and I think it's an incredible idea to make a site that counters such sin-encouraging garbage... "how to masturbate" forums??? I think that porn should be opposed vehemently on the site, as I've talked to many females (religious AND nonreligious) who have been crushed due to partners "using" porn in their lives, and I wouldn't be surprised if an active anti-porn section wouldn't attract them and perhaps even bring about converts to the Faith via that route. Edited June 11, 2008 by lilac_angel
Brother Adam Posted June 19, 2008 Author Posted June 19, 2008 Just wanted to say that this website is coming along really well! I've been able to recruit the help of 3 PhD's, 6 MA's, and 5 BA's all from great schools. We will be making two websites - one is going to be run by a teen chastity expert for teens. I hope we will open sometime in September. Once we have an official mission statement I am going to start asking some of the bigger names in the Catholic world to sign on as part of a board of advisers, but I can't name names now. Our board is looking for moderators though, so if anyone here is interested in being on the "front line" let me know. We are looking for people with previous experience moderating on a forum as well as anyone that has some formal theological training. All are welcome to express interest though.
Alycin Posted June 19, 2008 Posted June 19, 2008 Yayyyy! I'm excited. Let me know if I can be of any service...
Archaeology cat Posted June 19, 2008 Posted June 19, 2008 I second what Aly says. How very exciting, and let me know if you need anything.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now