rhetoricfemme Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1547567' date='May 28 2008, 09:00 PM']+J.M.J.+ you have great taste! [/quote] Thanks! I suppose then I should tell you Likewise!
djninja2005 Posted June 22, 2008 Posted June 22, 2008 The Bible 100 Things Every Catholic Teen Should Know Blessed Are The Bored In Spirit I Choose God
Ora et Labora Posted June 22, 2008 Posted June 22, 2008 Hmm... Imitation of Christ (everyone has to read that!!) Story of a Soul Confessions by St. Augustine Screwtape Letters (if that's non-fiction?) Surprised by Joy which is also by C.S. Lewis Orthodoxy by Chesterton (love it!!) Any saint biography really... The Bible Anything Fulton Sheen (especially Peace of Soul, or something like that.) Light and Peace (beautiful little book.) Oh! And my favorite is A Catholic Girl's Guide by Fr. Lacance (sp?) That's more then 10.
Deus te Amat Posted June 23, 2008 Posted June 23, 2008 Life of Christ - Fulten Sheen Deus Caritas Est - Pope Benedict Imitation of Christ - a Kempis The Fire Within - Dubay Faith and Certitude - Dubay Theology and Sanity - Sheed Bible - God Letters to a Young Catholic - Weigel Come Be My Light - Mother Teresa Dialogues - St. Catherine of Siena
Resurrexi Posted June 23, 2008 Posted June 23, 2008 1. Vulgata Clementina 2. Denzinger-Schonmetzer 3. Acta Apostolicae Sedis 4. Catechismum Catholicae Ecclesiae 5. Catechismum Romanum 6. Missale Romanum (1962) 7. Breviarium Romanum (1962) 8. Pontificale Romanum (1962) 9. Rituale Romanum (1962) 10. De Imitatione Christi
goldbug16 Posted June 30, 2008 Posted June 30, 2008 I Choose God (My best friend has a chapter in this book!) Story of a Soul Orthodoxy by Chesterton The Bible Letters to a Young Catholic Theology of the Body Hallowed be this House The Four Loves The Furrow (Jose Maria Escriva....though I don't know if those count as books....)
Sirklawd Posted August 12, 2008 Posted August 12, 2008 yes, exactly. I was getting worried at the lack of Chesterton! Orthodoxy = win. others: Introduction to the Devout Life Imitation of Christ True Devotion to Mary
Selah Posted August 27, 2008 Posted August 27, 2008 ARGH!!! So many to choose from! 1. The Imitation of Christ 2. The Introduction to the Devout Life 3. Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic 4. Catholicism and Fundamentalism 5. Story of a Soul 6. Any book on St. Bernadette or St. Francis 7. Jesus by Pope Benedict 8. Journey's Home 9. Saints: A Year In Faith and Art 10. Walking With the Saints
RosaMystica Posted November 7, 2008 Posted November 7, 2008 Not in any particular order and not including the Bible and Divine Office: Story of a Soul- St. Therese The Dialogue- St. Catherine of Siena Interior Castle- St. Teresa of Avila Introduction to the Devout Life- St. Francis de Sales Imitation of Christ- Thomas a Kempis Divine Mercy in My Soul- St. Faustina Come Be My Light- Blessed Mother Teresa and Fr. Brian Kolodiejchuk Summa Theologiae- St. Thomas Aquinas Divine Intimacy- Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalene OCD Confessions- St. Augustine
vanilla Posted October 20, 2009 Posted October 20, 2009 Intro to Devout Life Secret of the Rosary St. Jean Vianney by Abbe Trochu An Easy Way to Become a Saint by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan How to Avoid Purgatory by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan
dominicansoul Posted November 27, 2010 Posted November 27, 2010 The Life of St. Dominic by Augusta Drane
kafka Posted November 28, 2010 Posted November 28, 2010 1. The Book of Psalms 2. The Prophecy of Isaiah 3. The Gospel of John 4. Genesis 5. The Gospel of Matthew 6. The Revelation of Jesus Christ 7. Letter to the Hebrews 8. 2nd Letter of Saint Peter 9. The Song of Songs 10. The Prophecy of Hosea or Book of Esther 11. Dei Verbum and the rest of the Bible
MithLuin Posted November 28, 2010 Posted November 28, 2010 1. Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton 2. The Everlasting Man by G. K. Chesterton 3. The Ascent of Mount Carmel by St. John of the Cross 4. The Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross 5. The First and Second Life of St. Francis of Assisi by Thomas of Celano 6. The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila 7. The Story of a Soul by St. Therese of Liseaux 8. The Rule of St. Benedict by St. Gregory the Great I have not read 'True Devotion to Mary' by Montfort or 'Imitation of Christ' by Thomas a Kempis, so I cannot personally vouch for them, though I recognize that they should have a place on a top 10 list!
Guest MaryMad Posted November 29, 2010 Posted November 29, 2010 My top ten list is and includes The Holy Bible (did not count in the top ten of my choice); The Confessions of of St..Augustine by: Hal M.Helms The Prayer of Mary by: Keith Fournier Tortured for Christ by: Richard Wurmbrand Eucharistic Miracles by: Joan Carrol Cruz John Paul II and the Meaning of Suffering by: Robert G. Schroeder Saint Paul by: Pope Benedict Jesus of Nazareth by: Pope Benedict God is Love by: Pope Benedict The Secret of the Rosary by: St. Louis De Montfort and Holding Hands with Jesus by: Mary M. Theriault (myself) this is a prayer-poetry-supplication-praise book to my Lord God endorsed by Father William Saunders, Phd. and Paster of Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church in Potomac Falls Virginia. It was written in hopes that in a small way it may bring a loss soul, a lonely soul, a seeking sould or a peaceful soul to Our Lord.
Guest MaryMad Posted November 29, 2010 Posted November 29, 2010 [quote name='MaryMad' timestamp='1291040716' post='2189837'] My top ten list is and includes The Holy Bible (did not count in the top ten of my choice); The Confessions of of St..Augustine by: St. Augustine The Prayer of Mary by: Keith Fournier Tortured for Christ by: Richard Wurmbrand Eucharistic Miracles by: Joan Carrol Cruz John Paul II and the Meaning of Suffering by: Robert G. Schroeder Saint Paul by: Pope Benedict Jesus of Nazareth by: Pope Benedict God is Love by: Pope Benedict The Secret of the Rosary by: St. Louis De Montfort and Holding Hands with Jesus by: Mary M. Theriault (myself) this is a prayer-poetry-supplication-praise book to my Lord God endorsed by Father William Saunders, Phd. and Paster of Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church in Potomac Falls Virginia. It was written in hopes that in a small way it may bring a loss soul, a lonely soul, a seeking soul or a peaceful soul to Our Lord. There are soooo mayawesome Catholic books to read and inspire. My list could go on and on. [/quote]Holding Hands Allow me to hold Your hand, Lord; I just need You so today. It makes life so much easier When I hold Your hand all day. It is not that I don’t always need You. I genuinely do and You know that’s true. But, Lord, these mountains seem so high today. Would You possibly lower them a tad my way? Just one second, please, Jesus, I’m sorry! One more thing to ask: Go ahead and raise these mountains, Lord. The more deserving people should have the easier path. I feel You holding my hand, Jesus, And I know You are smiling too. I can feel the sunshine on Your Holy Face Though I cannot even see a trace of You. I’m feeling rather tired now, More so than usual today. I know I made it through this one, Because, Lord, You held my hand, Every second of this day. Thank You, Lord! Lord, I was thinking, Can we hold hands again tomorrow?
karin Posted December 5, 2010 Posted December 5, 2010 1. Bible 2. Story of a soul 3. Interior Castles 4. The Lamb's supper- Scott Hahn 5. First Comes Love- Scott Hanh I can't think of ten write now
tnavarro61 Posted December 7, 2010 Posted December 7, 2010 just include Life of Christ by Fulton Sheen.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now