An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cleveland Carmel

praying4carmel

praying4carmel

Pham,

I am headed to the Cleveland Carmel for my Come and See visit, tomorrow.

They are excited to have me come and I am grateful to go!

I will let you all know how it went.

Love,
Nancy
P4C

Roseoftherese

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1548417' date='May 29 2008, 02:36 PM']Pham,

I am headed to the Cleveland Carmel for my Come and See visit, tomorrow.

They are excited to have me come and I am grateful to go!

I will let you all know how it went.

Love,
Nancy
P4C[/quote]

That's great Nancy!
Be sure to let us know how it went when you get back.
I'll say a prayer for you, so that God will reveal to you whether or not that's where He wants you!

Go with an open mind and heart!! Know we are there in spirit with you, praying for you. Remember your phatmass phamily at the tabernacle. We cant wait for details on your return!!
Alicemary

praying4carmel

Phamily,

Thank you for your prayers and comments!!

I had a wonderful Visit to the Cleveland Carmel! The sisters were just terrific! I arrived on Friday, and took the Rapid transit from the Airport to University Circle station, 30 minute ride, where the Sisters met me. They took me to the Monastery which is just beautiful. It has 5 acres of property and they grow their own Vegetables organically and the Gardens are Organic as well. The grounds are beautiful.

They put me up in the Chaplain's suite which has a Kitchen, Bath, bedroom and sitting room. It was quiet and comfortable. Sr. Mary was so wonderful to me, she was my angel!

LOH was 4 times a day, many times I found myself in tears over how beautiful it was..The sisters sing so much and it is quite lovely. They sang the Salve Saturday night and I was deeply moved. The Chapel is stunning, and the Masses were beautiful, and well attended, the Homilies were poignant; they have good priests. Also I was able to participate in 2 of the Lectures for the 3rd order group who was having their retreat at the time.

Each Meal, except breakfast, I ate with a different Sister(s). We had meaningful conversations to say the least. I found each sister to be so loving and Kind. The Newest candidate Just turned 60 and she and I went for a Long walk together on Sunday. The community has sisters in their 50's as well. I was given plenty of time to pray, as well as to work, as I did work in the Garden in the cloister. That was wonderful and Sr. Maria and I got alot done!
Sunday, I came in for dinner with all the sisters, and we had a delicious meal. The conversation was animated and fun. Dinner also serves as recreation too.

I was invited back for a longer stay should I wish to come back, as I continue this Discernment journey. I am traveling down to Rock Island for my 10 day stay beginning friday...and so I am staying open to what the Lord is calling me to do.

The sisters wear skirts, or dresses, mostly brown; I was the only one in dress slacks. Of course, when you are outside working you can wear jeans; I got a bit dirty, so I was glad for that.

This community is so much Like Indpls Carmel, that I could close my eyes and feel that I was there! What a Loving group of women so healthy and dynamic. it is no wonder that the sisters in Cleveland are so close to the sisters in Indpls., they are very much alike.

I know that I am "Praying 4 Carmel", But Honestly, I do not know at this time what the Lord has in mind. I am suprised, I felt that I was being called to a Carmelite Life of prayer. But at this time, I am being open to the Sisters in Rock Island; the Benedictines. God seems to be calling me to more of an active role in working with Alcoholic and drug addicted women. But I am open to what the Holy Spirit wants. The Benedictines provide a nice balance of Cloister, prayer, and work. They are right in the Middle of the Dominicans I visited, and Carmel.

I would encourage any older women who are Carmelite oriented to check Cleveland out. Any Younger ones too, However, they are not Habited. They are NOT a Bunch of old women who are disaffected and want to be Priests! (I mention that in reference to an earlier thread.) They are a healthy, holy group of women who take the life of prayer to their hearts. They are one of the most loving groups of women that I have met.

Who Knows???

Thanks for journeying with me..
+
Nancy

Oh Nancy, how wonderful!!! I am so thrilled that it went as well as it did!! Sounds like you had some quality time with the nuns, and lots of prayer time. The Salve Regina is my favorite way to end a day(of course, the Dominican in me just loves that!!). It just seems so fitting.
May the dear Lord continue to inspire you, to fill you with His peace. Continued prayers for you on your search!
Alicemary

TotusTuusMaria

I enjoyed reading the update too. Thanks for posting. I am very happy for you that you had a good visit. Prayers! :sign: