Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

missionseeker
Posted

Noel's Angel- [url="http://www.canticanova.com/articles/feedback/arte31.htm"]http://www.canticanova.com/articles/feedback/arte31.htm[/url]

Noel's angel
Posted

Thanks!!!

I had an idea of what I wanted to say to them, but this helps a lot!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
:bump:

Adding more stuff soon.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Does anyone have a music sheet for Ave Verum by Mozart?
Thanks

Noel's angel
Posted

[url="http://www.cipoo.net/music_mz.html"]http://www.cipoo.net/music_mz.html[/url]

Noel's angel
Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/PlaceForMusic"]http://www.youtube.com/user/PlaceForMusic[/url]

So proud of my wee priests!

Posted

[quote name='doe-jo' post='1589564' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:28 PM']Does anyone have a music sheet for Ave Verum by Mozart?
Thanks[/quote]

[url="http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Ave_verum_corpus%2C_KV_618_%28Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart%29"]http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Ave_ver...adeus_Mozart%29[/url]

Check this out too. Just search Ave Verum on the side and you'll get the text and translations as well as the other composers who wrote settings to this piece.

Posted

Pange Lingua

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcoNeAzDtk0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcoNeAzDtk0[/url]

On CPDL

[url="http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Pange_lingua"]http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Pange_lingua[/url]

(click Under Buckler "in D major (1st Stanza" to get the sheet music for the Youtube)

Posted

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1591578' date='Jul 4 2008, 07:34 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/user/PlaceForMusic"]http://www.youtube.com/user/PlaceForMusic[/url]

So proud of my wee priests![/quote]
Sweet! Saving bookmark! :woot:

Noel's angel
Posted

They're amazing live. They sang at my friend's funeral, and also at the ordination of our new bishop. So good. I wish my friend was still alive (he was a priest too). He had the best voice I have ever heard.

Posted (edited)

Jeff,

Audacity is giving me grief. HELP!!!! :sadder: It's definitely not me. I record, and I'm in sync with the other tracks perfectly. But when I play it back, I am a good second behind the other tracks!

What did I DO?

Edited by MissyP89
Posted

Uhh... clip off a second from the beginning?

okay...

Ave Maria: Gregorian chant [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv0n5zTwH5M&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv0n5zTwH5M&NR=1[/url]

Ave Maria, Polyphony by Victoria (inspired by the above) [url="http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ave+Maria+Victoria&search_type=&aq=f"]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f[/url]

Look it up on CPDL.org for the score ^_^

Posted

Another post... some examples of Organum:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUWbLNrlrY&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUWbLNrlrY&NR=1[/url] (this one advertises a CD at the end)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfbITZgBZzs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfbITZgBZzs[/url]

Posted (edited)

Shamelessly showing off my Lively room...

[url="http://www.lively.com/dr?rid=4963555740345624864"]http://www.lively.com/dr?rid=4963555740345624864[/url]

Edited by Sacred Music Man
Posted

Sitting in front of the tabernacle. :)

Guest KevinSymonds
Posted

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1565059' date='Jun 9 2008, 03:16 PM']Ok, a wee discussion for ye all.

I'm having difficulties restraining some of the choir members when it comes to Marian hymns. Some of them seem to think that it's okay to stick in a Marian hymn as a second Communion hymn, and that during May we needed to have at least one Marian hymn (even if it was a Feast Day). Any way of telling them (convincingly) that that's just not right?[/quote]

Please, for the love, heed my advice. This is general advice (can be applied to other situations) learned after many hard-earned experiences.

-Never, ever correct anyone if you do not have the documentation from Church authority to back yourself up.

-If you have the documentation, make sure you understand it...thoroughly...before correcting anyone.

-Provide the documentation to your audience (see points 1 & 2).

-After the audience reads the documentation, you may have to field questions (see point 2).

-Finally, you may have a less-than-willing audience but if they've seen the documentation from authority and have had it explained to them, they will be hard-pressed to argue with you and may cede the point. Grudgingly, perhaps, but you can then proceed--in your case--with bringing liturgically correct music to your parish.

Remember also, charity above all else and that it IS charitable to correct people...it is a spiritual work of mercy to do so.

Hope that helps.
-KJS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...