Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will The Nail Replace The Crucifix?


Recommended Posts

Rebirth flame
Posted

when i was confirmed at 15 my sponser took me shopping to get a crucifix for my necklace but i picked out a cross instead cuz it was prettier.

i've done the same thing. I got my first cross (which incidentally was made of three nails) because i thought it looked snazzy. I didn't have the right intention behind buying it in the first place. i just thought it looked cool. now i have a crucifix that means more to me personally b/c i can clearly see the sacrifice that Jesus made for us on it, rather than on the cross i own. It's two different versions of symbolizm, i guess... ^_^

Posted

I like the symbolism of the nail, but I like the crucifix even better.

God bless. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...