An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rev 7:9

rckllnknny

Autumn Dusk

As posted on the other thread.

Rick, we do understand some things.

God loves everyone. We get it, we really, really do. But that doesn't mean that everyone loves God. Everyone doesn't love Him. Especially when loving Him and wanting Him comes to following His word. And God doesn't force people to want Him, thats a choice.

rckllnknny

i kno. but im tryin to get off that subject. but when people describe verses in thier own words. it is possible to explore them more in depth. id like to say i dont have any hidden motives behind this topic. but my intentions are good.
to me it means heaven will be more than black and white/ right and wrong. we will all share in a great understanding that is unfathomable and unexplainable. and eventually find a commond bond and bette good to come together in an indefinite resolution and harmony. peace b with you.

Autumn Dusk

Rick, this is the debate board, not the disagree with Rick board. If you want to say something post it in open mike if you want to goof around then post it on the lame board.

Autumn Dusk

the mods can at your request and if they deem it worth the move....just ask and then wait.

Edited by Autumn Dusk

[quote]"After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches 6 in their hands." - Revelations 7:9[/quote]

Thy Geekdom Come

It means that the New Covenant finally fulfills the aim of the Old Covenant by drawing in all nations. In the Old Testament, God gave the Law to the Hebrews and Wisdom to Soloman because He meant for all people to recognize the greatness of the Hebrew religion and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Soloman violated the three laws specifically governing kings and had his kingdom split in two, and as such, it was no longer a sign of God's majesty and the unitive force of His Covenant. Then the dispersion came and the people were spread out, with a remnant remaining and some others returning, and they rebuilt the Temple, in order to live according to the Law and the Wisdom of God. Eventually the Pharisees, Sadduccees, Essenes, and Zealots arose from these groups and the Jews ended up screwing up the whole idea of being a light to all nations yet again. Jesus demonstrated this when He cast the merchants out from the Court of the Gentiles, where they were changing currency. The Court of the Gentiles was meant as a place for the Gentiles to come and worship the One, True God, so that in time they also could come to share in the Covenant and join God's Chosen People. As I said, they messed that up, and so the Church was founded to take the Gospel to all nations, thus opening the Covenant to all nations, as Rev. 7:9 says.

I hope this helps.

CatherineM

I try to stay away from Revelation. It makes my head hurt. In New Testament, I ditched the week we were supposed to be talking about it.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1560550' date='Jun 5 2008, 10:34 PM']I try to stay away from Revelation. It makes my head hurt. In New Testament, I ditched the week we were supposed to be talking about it.[/quote]
Yeah, it can be pretty confusing, but it can also be very rewarding. If you're interested, try picking up a good commentary.

{7:9} After these things, I saw a great crowd, which no one could number, from all the nations and tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and in sight of the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands.

John is seeing in particular all the martyrs who are slain during the Tribulation and also all the Faithful who bear the Tribulation (both the first lesser part and the second greater part) in holiness and fruitfulness. They will be honored and special in Heaven because they lived during the time of the greatest sufferings the Church will undergo.

Edited by kafka

Winchester

"I was at a World Cup championship. The show during the intermission was done by the 4H club."