An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Mikolbe

MissScripture

Oh Most Blessed Virgin, Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and our Mother. Please surround Shea and the baby with your mantle and shield them from all harm.
Give your special motherly blessing to them both.
:sign:

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers.

Shea was kinda noticing the baby wasn't kicking, fluttering, or moving as much as she normally does. She noticed this in the morning, but thought as the day went on, the baby would move more. Well, she really didn't. Shea called her OB, the nurse answered and said to drink some juice and lay on her left side and count the movements/kicks/flutters/etc., if there were less than 10 in an hour, to go to L/D. Well, we went to L/D. Shea counted 4.

Basically, Addison was being stubborn (NO IDEA who she gets THAT from) The nurse had to sit on the bed to get her heart rate. (normally, they find it, strap on the monitor there, leave, and the monitor monitors. Well, the nurse never left, and had a heck of a time finding the heart beat. She would find it, then Addison would move slightly, and she would lose it. The heart beat was strong and good, but the Dr. on rotation thought it would be a good idea to get an ultrasound to confirm everything. As we were waiting for the ultrasound, Addison thought she would be cute and kicked/moved/fluttered about 19 times in an hour and a half. Yeah, she's a funny one. :mellow:

They walked Shea down to the room where they do the ultrasounds. It is a pretty small room, so they just had me stay were I was. According to Shea, the tech said the 'exam' could take 3 minutes or 30 minutes depending how much the baby cooperated. An hour later, Shea came back. :mellow:

The exam went very well. They checked heart rate, breathing, amniotic fuild, and a whole bunch of other things. Addison scored an 8 out of 8. (they tried to explain the point system to me, but I'm a guy and remember only so much) Addison and Shea were just fine, and that is all I really cared about.

So. All is well. :) :)

Thank you again for all your prayers!!

Edited by MIkolbe

Thy Geekdom Come

YAY!

Jen and I actually went on Tuesday to hear the baby's heartbeat and the little punk kept moving around, lol. Babies...wild, unruly little creatures. :P

rizz_loves_jesus

[quote name='Raphael' post='1569473' date='Jun 12 2008, 10:07 AM']YAY!

Jen and I actually went on Tuesday to hear the baby's heartbeat and the little punk kept moving around, lol. Babies...wild, unruly little creatures. :P[/quote]

They couldn't even GET an ultrasound of me :lol_roll:

Anyway... thank goodness Addison's okay :)

[quote name='Raphael' post='1569473' date='Jun 12 2008, 10:07 AM']YAY!

Jen and I actually went on Tuesday to hear the baby's heartbeat and the little punk kept moving around, lol. Babies...wild, unruly little creatures. :P[/quote]

lol no kidding. The baby makes me feel sick to my stomach sometimes now because of all the movement. My doctor told me I was just feeling ligament stretching lol but that was before she had a heck of a time trying to listen to the baby's heart beat because the little one would not stay still.

So glad Shea and Addison are fine. It was the first thing I asked Micah this morning, if there had been any updates last night after I went to bed.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1569466' date='Jun 12 2008, 07:52 AM']The exam went very well. They checked heart rate, breathing, amniotic fuild, and a whole bunch of other things. Addison scored an 8 out of 8. (they tried to explain the point system to me, but I'm a guy and remember only so much) Addison and Shea were just fine, and that is all I really cared about.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
typical guy! :rolleyes: :P

i kid, i kid. :) i'm so happy that everything is fine! :))

MissScripture

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1569466' date='Jun 12 2008, 08:52 AM']Thank you, everyone, for your prayers.

Shea was kinda noticing the baby wasn't kicking, fluttering, or moving as much as she normally does. She noticed this in the morning, but thought as the day went on, the baby would move more. Well, she really didn't. Shea called her OB, the nurse answered and said to drink some juice and lay on her left side and count the movements/kicks/flutters/etc., if there were less than 10 in an hour, to go to L/D. Well, we went to L/D. Shea counted 4.

Basically, Addison was being stubborn (NO IDEA who she gets THAT from) The nurse had to sit on the bed to get her heart rate. (normally, they find it, strap on the monitor there, leave, and the monitor monitors. Well, the nurse never left, and had a heck of a time finding the heart beat. She would find it, then Addison would move slightly, and she would lose it. The heart beat was strong and good, but the Dr. on rotation thought it would be a good idea to get an ultrasound to confirm everything. As we were waiting for the ultrasound, Addison thought she would be cute and kicked/moved/fluttered about 19 times in an hour and a half. Yeah, she's a funny one. :mellow:

They walked Shea down to the room where they do the ultrasounds. It is a pretty small room, so they just had me stay were I was. According to Shea, the tech said the 'exam' could take 3 minutes or 30 minutes depending how much the baby cooperated. An hour later, Shea came back. :mellow:

The exam went very well. They checked heart rate, breathing, amniotic fuild, and a whole bunch of other things. Addison scored an 8 out of 8. (they tried to explain the point system to me, but I'm a guy and remember only so much) Addison and Shea were just fine, and that is all I really cared about.

So. All is well. :) :)

Thank you again for all your prayers!![/quote]
You couldn't CALL and let me KNOW that everything went well? THANKS! I see how I rate! Let's just let Sarah keep worrying! That would be a lot of fun! <_<

I am very glad they're both doing well. ^_^