cappie Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 YouTube has pulled a pro-life video that exposes another documentary film project as a pro-abortion initiative. Zenit quotes a Catholic News Service report that the video sharing site pulled "The Decency Gap/Eve Reinhardt", which shows a meeting that took place in Lima several weeks ago between Carlos Polo, director for Latin America of the pro-life Population Research Institute, and independent filmmaker Eve Reinhardt. Polo reported that Reinhardt sent him several emails requesting an interview for an unbiased documentary on abortion, while hiding the true nature of her project. In the video, Polo confronts Reinhardt with information that ties her to a multimedia theatre project titled "The Decency Gap". The term "decency gap" is used among abortion supporters to refer to the gap of funding left open after President George Bush reinstated in 2001 the Mexico City Policy, which prohibits U.S. funding for international organisations that perform or provide information about abortion, Zenit says. The video also includes pictures of the official website of "The Decency Gap", which confirm it is being financed by the International Planned Parenthood Federation, Marie Stopes International, and the Center for Reproductive Rights, as well as the Peruvian pro-abortion association PROMSEX. Since the posting of the video, "The Decency Gap" website has been pulled. Polo had told the Catholic News Service in June that those behind the multimedia project are trying to portray themselves as neutral in order to "continue ahead with the intention of misinforming people about the reality of abortion." Catholic David Uebbing, editor of Catholic News Service, told ZENIT that YouTube refused to give comment via phone, and two emails sent Tuesday have not been answered. "All of our efforts to determine why the video was pulled have met dead ends." When attempting to view the Population Research Institute video on YouTube, it states, "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." "We are [...] very confused as to why YouTube pulled our video," said Uebbing. "We did not see that our video in any way violated YouTube's terms of posting. YouTube's policy guidelines forbid posting videos that are violent, pornographic or violate copyright or privacy laws. However, none of these rules were violated by our video." Uebbing added that the American Life League also had one of their videos pulled, "due to the complaints of Planned Parenthood". [url="http://zenit.org/article-23082?l=english"]http://zenit.org/article-23082?l=english[/url]
Farsight one Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 When that happens, you just give the video to a bunch of people and flood youtube with it. It happens all the time, and youtube pretty much never takes it down again.
Apotheoun Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Farsight one' post='1589775' date='Jul 2 2008, 10:16 PM']When that happens, you just give the video to a bunch of people and flood youtube with it. It happens all the time, and youtube pretty much never takes it down again.[/quote] Interesting.
Alycin Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 Usually youtube removes things like that because they violate copyright.
Apotheoun Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1589827' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:16 AM']Usually youtube removes things like that because they violate copyright.[/quote] That's interesting. Yet just last night I watched the Star Trek episode "The Cage" in its entirety (albeit in 4 to 8 minute segments), but they supposedly remove things for copyright violation.
Alycin Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1589833' date='Jul 3 2008, 02:26 AM']That's interesting. Yet just last night I watched the Star Trek episode "The Cage" in its entirety (albeit in 4 to 8 minute segments), but they supposedly remove things for copyright violation.[/quote] It is against the rules to post things that are not your own or that you do not own the copyright to. This is usually the case (unless it's nudity) when you click a link and it says it has been removed for violation of the TOS. That being said... if the person who owns the copright doesn't complain... they don't take it down. That's why I said "usually".
Apotheoun Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1589835' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:29 AM']It is against the rules to post things that are not your own or that you do not own the copyright to. This is usually the case (unless it's nudity) when you click a link and it says it has been removed for violation of the TOS. That being said... if the person who owns the copright doesn't complain... they don't take it down. That's why I said "usually".[/quote] Well it may be against their rules but they don't do much about it. I have watched entire tv shows and movies on Youtube. I've watched some of the Star Wars movies on Youtube, Star Trek episodes, and lots of other things. You would think George Lucas of all people would complain to the management of Youtube.
Alycin Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 The people who complain the most seem to big-name groups like ABC and such. Even then, only with their biggest shows. I can never find full episodes of Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy on youtube that are recent. Guess it just depends. Who am I to care whether or not the person is complaining, though?
Apotheoun Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1589847' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:39 AM']I can never find full episodes of Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy on youtube that are recent.[/quote] I have to admit I do not even know what is currently on the broadcast networks, because I haven't watched any of them since – about – 1992.
Alycin Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1589858' date='Jul 3 2008, 02:48 AM']I have to admit I do not even know what is currently on the broadcast networks, because I haven't watched any of them since – about – 1992.[/quote] I was 3 years old that year.
Apotheoun Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Alycin' post='1589859' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:49 AM']I was 3 years old that year.[/quote] I was 29 years old that year. Edited July 3, 2008 by Apotheoun
Archaeology cat Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1589833' date='Jul 3 2008, 07:26 AM']That's interesting. Yet just last night I watched the Star Trek episode "The Cage" in its entirety (albeit in 4 to 8 minute segments), but they supposedly remove things for copyright violation.[/quote] Come on, if you're going to watch Star Trek, why watch the original pilot? Hmm, maybe I'll go watch Mirror, Mirror. Or Trials and Tribble-ations. Edited July 3, 2008 by Archaeology cat
Apotheoun Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1589915' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:49 AM']Come on, if you're going to watch Star Trek, why watch the original pilot? Hmm, maybe I'll go watch Mirror, Mirror. Or Trials and Tribble-ations.[/quote] I always liked "Patterns of Force." Edited July 3, 2008 by Apotheoun
Fr. Bruno Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Farsight one' post='1589775' date='Jul 3 2008, 07:16 AM']When that happens, you just give the video to a bunch of people and flood youtube with it. It happens all the time, and youtube pretty much never takes it down again.[/quote] Thanks for the advice !
Fr. Bruno Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Farsight one' post='1589775' date='Jul 3 2008, 07:16 AM']When that happens, you just give the video to a bunch of people and flood youtube with it. It happens all the time, and youtube pretty much never takes it down again.[/quote]
EstoVir_TheWay_4 Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 Is there a link where we can download the video?
Kitty Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1589833' date='Jul 3 2008, 02:26 AM']That's interesting. Yet just last night I watched the Star Trek episode "The Cage" in its entirety (albeit in 4 to 8 minute segments), but they supposedly remove things for copyright violation.[/quote] Youtube doesn't actively seek out videos that violate copyright, because most of the videos do anyways. They rely on users to flag videos or if the copyright holder files a copyright claim, they will take it down. Just because they took down a video a day and a half ago doesn't mean they're pro abortion.
mommas_boy Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 This is interesting ... Youtube is owned by Google, which provides the search services used by [url="http://prolifeinternet.com"]ProLifeInternet.com[/url] and the now defunct www.ProLifeSearch.com. I'm going to write a letter to ProLifeInternet.com and let them know ...
Paladin D Posted July 3, 2008 Posted July 3, 2008 [quote name='mommas_boy' post='1590149' date='Jul 3 2008, 02:20 PM']This is interesting ... Youtube is owned by Google, which provides the search services used by [url="http://prolifeinternet.com"]ProLifeInternet.com[/url] and the now defunct www.ProLifeSearch.com. I'm going to write a letter to ProLifeInternet.com and let them know ...[/quote] Send them an e-mail, with the article attached to it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now