An Old School Catholic Message Board

Matthew Kelly Surgery Is A Wrap. All Is Well.

Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

I'm not sure how many PMers are familiar with Matthew Kelly, a wonderful Catholic motivational and inspirational speaker and writer. But I just wanted to share an e-mail from his foundation, sent out today after Mr. Kelly's surgery.
[quote]The news is good from Matthew's surgery! Everything went very smoothly yesterday and Matthew woke up this morning feeling good...with accent intact! He will be recovering in the upcoming weeks, though has been told he can soon resume regular life. At this point, continued prayers would be a beautiful gift, but we should also start flooding the heavens with prayers of thanksgiving!

Matthew and all of us here at the Foundation, have been deeply touched by the outpouring of love and prayers during the past month. It's an amazing Body of Christ that we are all a part of together. Thank you for your love and prayers.[/quote]

+J.M.J.+
i think i have a book of his :think:

what happened that he needed surgery? :unsure: thank God it was successful!

Brother Adam

I'm glad to hear all went well. We gave away 600 copies of Rediscovering Catholicism at our parish and have 2 of his CD's in our lighthouse display. Any parish leaders here should strongly considering bringing the book to their parish - their foundation gives them away for free. It has increased the faith life of our parish and people are starting to have more respect for the Mass.

I second Bro Adam-- a local parish here had him speak, and that book was offered. It is excellent, and ours is already circulating and I might never see it again! He also spoke at the same parish just DAYS after his brother was killed in Australia---he is an amazing man. Glad he is done with surgery and doing well!

HisChildForever

What happened to him?

I saw him speak at my first university, he was great. I had no clue he was Catholic though, he spoke about God but it struck me as an agnostic view of God, very broad and general.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1590500' date='Jul 3 2008, 07:05 PM']Are we talking about the same Matthew Kelly?[/quote]

Yes.

The best version of yourself guy :saint:

Edit: His talk was on his two books, "The Rhythm of Life" and "The Seven Levels of Intimacy."

Edited by HisChildForever

I think he tailors his talks to his audience. The "Rhythm of Life" is geared toward a generic audience where as his "Becoming the Best-Version-Of-Yourself" lighthouse CD is the same ideas of "The Rhythm of Life" just tailored for Catholics.

Lounge Daddy

Yes, that was something that I noticed--he get a lot of play with Catholic audiences as well as in the more secular markets. I think that's great.

HisChildForever

It was a Catholic university, though...

But, then again, the books he gave the talk on weren't about Catholicism, more about the individual and how we can make our lives very rewarding.

Brother Adam

I've read 7 levels of intimacy. It is very good. I didn't get any kind of sense that he had an agnostic view of God. Taken together with his whole corpus he is a very orthodox Catholic and is lighting Catholics on fire for their faith - especially cultural Catholics - and that is a miracle in itself.

i didn't know he was having surgery, but im glad it went well. prayers for his full and speedy recovery! i read one of his books (perfectly yourself) and for the most part, liked it. he has some good things to say. i would love to read some of his other books.

Totus Tuus

I have never heard the term "a wrap" in that context before.

Edited by Totus Tuus