An Old School Catholic Message Board

The "official" Have You Ever Thread..

Deb

Have you ever had a moment where the complete beauty and wonder that is our Lord has hit you? Where it hurt to breathe because the truth of Life was so overpowering? Have you ever realized that even at our fullest of loving we will never experience the magnificence of the Love that God has for us? I had that moment last weekend and I really wanted to give the whole world a hug and a kiss.

Sometimes, I thirst for my Lord so strongly it makes me cry.

Peace.

Edited by Deb

icelandic_iceskater

Deb, that was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for starting this thread.

Personally I've never had an experience like that, hopefully someday. I have cried out of desire for Our Lord though.

HisChildForever

There have been occasions when, for example, I'm at work and I just want my shift to be over, and I think of Jesus and I feel this rush of love and warmth and a desire to read the Scriptures.

There was also a time (a few months back) when I realized how much sin I was in and I think it was the hardest I've ever cried in my entire life.

I have shed so many tears over the sins of my life. They are tears of healing and I think they are a gift from God.
He is so good to us.

CatherineM

I had one of those days when I was able to walk 2 miles for the first time after 8 years in a wheelchair. I had been walking some, but had been afraid to get too far from home. I missed my bus that day, and just started walking thinking I'd just walk to the next bus stop where there was a bench to wait the hour for the next bus. Then I felt good and decided to walk to the next bench. Eventually, I realized I was almost home. When I opened my door, I collapsed to my knees, not in pain or exhaustion, but in gratitude. I had to have my roommate help me back up, but it was the most glorious feeling as if the Lord was pulling me by the hand with each step encouraging me, like a father helping a toddler taking their first steps.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1591272' date='Jul 4 2008, 12:56 PM']I had one of those days when I was able to walk 2 miles for the first time after 8 years in a wheelchair. I had been walking some, but had been afraid to get too far from home. I missed my bus that day, and just started walking thinking I'd just walk to the next bus stop where there was a bench to wait the hour for the next bus. Then I felt good and decided to walk to the next bench. Eventually, I realized I was almost home. When I opened my door, I collapsed to my knees, not in pain or exhaustion, but in gratitude. I had to have my roommate help me back up, but it was the most glorious feeling as if the Lord was pulling me by the hand with each step encouraging me, like a father helping a toddler taking their first steps.[/quote]

Wow. That is so awesome. Most take walking for granted and don't always realize what a wonderful thing it is. My brother is a parapalegic and he just talks about how great it would be if he could afford one of those cool chairs they have that stand you up and go up and down stairs. He would love to have a conversation with somone while standing up for a change.
If we ever actually sat down and thought about every little thing we can do and how miraculous it is, we would be amazed and hopefully ever grateful to the Lord.

[quote name='knightec' post='1591554' date='Jul 4 2008, 07:11 PM']I had that feeling the first time I held each one of my kids.[/quote]

Awesome! Just think what a world would be like if everyone could know the love that God has for us and what a miracle all his creations are. Wow.

Ash Wednesday

When my mother died, I was absolutely furious with God. I didn't really realize it right away, probably because at first I was in complete shock. That and I just thought I could and should be better than getting "mad at God." Finally one evening I broke down, and I said very openly to God, "I am really angry with you. I don't want to be, but I am."

At that moment I was struck with this flood of God's profound kindness and unconditional love that I really had never experienced before.

Throughout that awful time, that moment was pretty spectacular.

CatherineM

Deb-the first time I went to my grocery store without my chair, I couldn't find anything. I had been using that store for years, and was lost. I had to lean over in aisles to have a different view so I could find the things I was looking for. When I went to check out, where I had been used to being cocooned in between those gum and candy racks, unable to see anything, I could now see clear across the store. I had forgotten how tall I was, and got vertigo. I got vertigo from my natural height. It was every bit as hard to adjust to standing up again as it had been to living my life sitting down. I try very hard to never take it for granted.

Catherine, I am so very happy for you that you have come through so much adversity. You are such a kind and sharing person. It is so easy to become angry and bitter when we have to suffer but, it is very hard to offer it up and continue to climb upwards, physically and spiritually. Kudos to you!

Archaeology cat

Yes, most definitely.

And a couple of Sundays I swear I felt like I could hear the angels singing with us. It was amazing.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1591670' date='Jul 4 2008, 08:32 PM']When my mother died, I was absolutely furious with God. I didn't really realize it right away, probably because at first I was in complete shock. That and I just thought I could and should be better than getting "mad at God." Finally one evening I broke down, and I said very openly to God, "I am really angry with you. I don't want to be, but I am."

At that moment I was struck with this flood of God's profound kindness and unconditional love that I really had never experienced before.

Throughout that awful time, that moment was pretty spectacular.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i don't know why, but your post just about made me cry. i'm praying for you. :console: