An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Prayer Thread

stlmom

Not trying to take anything away from the thread on the prayer partners, but I would like to start another prayer thread. This is more for those who have entered formation in 2008, have transitioned to the next stage of formation, or will enter somewhere by the end of this year. I thought we could include some of our phatmassers like Staretz and Nunsense for instance. If you have a friend who is not a phatmasser, but is entering or in formation this year, you could also add them to this prayer list. Just be prudent, no full names on the thread, perhaps just mention what community or seminary they have joined. You can add yourself if you are definitely going into formation in 2008 and wish to ask for prayers. What do you think?

the lords sheep

I think its wonderful. Count me among those will be praying as we develop our list.
In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

Could you put me down for prayers please, every 6 months we have to apply to Chapter to continue our novitiate, I have almost reached 6 months Clothed so my first Chapter will be around the 25th ( nunsense and I were Clothed on the same day) - I am very nervous though have been told not to be - I just don't count chickens before they are hatched! This life is wonderful and fulfilling, it is also challenging and somtimes exhausting so your support would be greatly appreciated, many thanks Sr Marie Therese, Colwich.

Adding Abiding-soul (Jaimie) who will become a novice with the Franciscan Sisters (Sr. Rose Therese's community) next month, I think.

Could you please add the following to your prayer list . . .

For the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary ([url="http://ihmimmaculata.org"]Immaculata, PA[/url]):

4 postulants to enter Sept 6, 2008 - Carolyn, Emily, Sarah, and me - Tracey
1 canonical novice to be received August 13, 2008 - Danielle
1 senior novice - Elizabeth

Thank you so much for the prayers and we will continue to pray for everyone on Phatmass as well!

God Bless, Tracey

Sister Rose Therese

[quote name='stlmom' post='1596439' date='Jul 9 2008, 06:46 PM']Adding Abiding-soul (Jaimie) who will become a novice with the Franciscan Sisters (Sr. Rose Therese's community) next month, I think.[/quote]

Yes, retreat will begin July 30 and she'll be received into the novitiate August 6, the feast of the Transfiguration. ;)

dominicansoul

Please add Karen and Sarah who are candidates with the Dominican Sisters of the Immaculate Conception.

Add me, too, while you are at it, because i'm crazy enough to be actively pursuing entrance into this same candidacy with these ladies!
;)

Edited by dominicansoul

philosophette

Please add me (Brittany) and the five other women who are going on to the next stage of formation with the Salesian Sisters (postulancy). We have about 8 who are entering as candidates in August, as well. There are 2 more who we entering from the Western Province for candidacy, as well. Then there are 4 who are beginning the novitiate this August. The formation houses are full! We are expanding the novitiate already and we only are reopening it in the US this year (previously had been overseas because there were not many entering... but now we can do it). Deo gratias.

Please add Moritz and David, who are going to enter the Salvatorians (I hope it is called like that in English) during the next month.

For Sister Helga, phatmasser, (IncarnateWordPostulant), who will make 1st vows on August 9 with the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament in San Antonio TX. Read her [url="http://incarnatewordpostulant.blogspot.com"]BLOG[/url] for her reflections as this day approaches.

RosaMystica

Please add me to the prayer list (Amanda) and 11 other girls who will be entering with me this August 28th with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. Please also pray for the 8 postulants who will be receiving the habit on August 5th :)