An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gone For A Bit...

SisterAli

Dear Phatmass Phamily,

I just wanted to post to let you all know that I will be gone until the 29th of July for vacation. Just in case any of you are interested in any of the items and I don't respond that's why!!!

I ask for your prayers of safe travel and that during this time I may continue to grow ever closer to our Lord. That He may continue to guide me to His Holy Will. That all fear may be dispelled, and I may grow in holiness.

For it has been a spiritual battle going on the last few days because I have totally surrendered my life into His Hands...and He is leading me to a particular community in religious life. My mom does not support me at all. I am living at home right now and it makes it more difficult to deal with that particular situation. Its difficult to LOVE with an undivided heart. I'm constantly being asked this and that and frankly she doesn't agree with the Catholic Church at all (she is not Catholic; I am the only Catholic left in my family) all my family has turned away from the Church. Does anyone have any advice on dealing with this? It seems that anything I try to explain to her...nothing makes her happy.

My prayers for everyone in this phatmass phamily.

God Bless,

Allie

Oh Allie, put your family in God's hands and let Him work His magic. You will be shocked how quickly He will take care of things. So don't fret, pray for them, and trust only in Him. Keep your eyes looking ahead to a life united with Jesus, in time(God's time mind you) your family will accept things. This is the time you need to be strong and just do what you need to in life. Respect and love your family and bear with them. You knew that it would not be smooth sailing, so it is time for you to be joyous and faithfilled.
Sounds like you are moving in the right path.
my prayers,
Alicemary

Hi Allie,
Have a safe and fun vacation. Try to be kind and helpful to your mom while you are back home. Practice charity to the max!

You have been at this discerment stage with several different communities since I've been on this forum, so that may figure in to some of the tensions going on at home. I do pray that you will soon find the right community for you. God bless!

[quote name='alicemary' post='1603467' date='Jul 19 2008, 03:08 PM']Oh Allie, put your family in God's hands and let Him work His magic. You will be shocked how quickly He will take care of things. So don't fret, pray for them, and trust only in Him. Keep your eyes looking ahead to a life united with Jesus, in time(God's time mind you) your family will accept things. This is the time you need to be strong and just do what you need to in life. Respect and love your family and bear with them. You knew that it would not be smooth sailing, so it is time for you to be joyous and faithfilled.
Sounds like you are moving in the right path.
my prayers,
Alicemary[/quote]

I pray for my family everyday, especially for there conversion back to the Catholic faith, means none of them are Catholic anymore. And you are certainly right...I knew that it was not going to be smooth sailing...it never is when it comes to my religious vocation that God has given me and in regards to dealing with my mom especially. Its a beautiful sacrifice though...I have picked up that it is a great time as stlmom mentioned to practice charity to the MAX. And as my spiritual director said...PRAY and LOVE. That's all I can do. Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it very much!!! I truly do feel that the path that I am moving towards is God's Will and everything is going well in that area. Praise God!!

[quote name='stlmom' post='1603524' date='Jul 19 2008, 04:26 PM']Hi Allie,
Have a safe and fun vacation. Try to be kind and helpful to your mom while you are back home. Practice charity to the max!

You have been at this discerment stage with several different communities since I've been on this forum, so that may figure in to some of the tensions going on at home. I do pray that you will soon find the right community for you. God bless![/quote]

Stlmom, I have been in discernment with a few communities since I have been on phatmass...many of that was discerning with an active community, a purely contemplative community, an active-contemplative community, and a cloistered community. And now...I have truly found the *kind* of community that the Lord is calling me to....as that was the biggest struggle for me in the beginning of my discernment. As I was born Catholic, but not necessarily raised Catholic by my family, therefore, I did not know a lot about religious life when I heard our Lord calling me...that's why it was such a shock to me..and I tried to ignore it, but let me tell you the Lord kept knocking! I had to eventually respond with my whole heart! Now I can say...that I feel I am on the right path as Alicemary mentioned. Cloistered Dominicans....is right up my alley of the religious vocation our Lord has called me to...please pray for my discernment!!

Charity to the max is right...LOVE. Please pray that I may stay pure, chaste, and holy in all that I do. Thank you so much.

I will post pictures from vacation when I return....we are going to some beautiful places...Yellowstone...etc.

God Bless!! Prayers!!!

Edited by SisterAli

Allie, you are in my prayers. It is very difficult to be the "lone Catholic" in your family, but only believe in and trust in Christ and miracles will come.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Phamily,

I have safely arrived back from vacation!! It was BEAUTIFUL. I will post some pictures as soon as I am able to get them all downloaded and up! It was breath taking....God's beauty is amazing! We took well over a 1,000 pictures :-)

Thank you to all that prayed for me and my family. We had a great time together. We did a lot of scenic travel..out in the woods, moutains, wildlife...saw some grizzly and black bears, bald eagles, elk, deer, bison...it was beautiful! Lots of waterfalls, rivers, and lakes!

In regards to my religious vocation...things are going great! God is so good! Please continue to keep me in your prayers and I will do the same for all you dear phatmassers. When the time is right, I will be able to post a little more in regards to details.

I'll post the pics soon!

God Bless,

Allie

Edited by SisterAli

Chiquitunga

Hi SisterAli! It's great to hear from you again! :) It sounds like you had an awesome trip, :camp: (maybe not camping, but out in the wilderness) and that God is really leading you to where He wants you. That's wonderful! :pray:

Dear Phamily,

Here are some pictures from vacation! Enjoy! It was BEAUTIFUL!

[url="http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f174/dominicfrassatijmj/?action=view&current=c356369b.pbw"]http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f174/dom...nt=c356369b.pbw[/url]

God Bless,

Allie