An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scapular Questions...

nikkan_hanil

nikkan_hanil

1. I've heard there are prayer requirments for wearing the scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. What are they?

2. Is there a difference between the brown and green scapulars?

Thanks.

1.) In order for you to receive the Grace of the Scapular Promise you must:

Sabbintine Privilege The decree of Pope Paul V of January 20, 1613: It declares that we may believe that the Blessed Virgin will bring special help: especially on the Saturday after their death to the souls of those brethren and those members of the confraternity who depart this life in charity (the Virtue of Charity means the love of God above all life itself. It is the Supreme Law) and who, whilst living, have worn the habit, observed chastity according to their state, and who shall have recited the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, or, if they cannot read, shall have observed the fast of the Church and shall have abstain from flesh meat on Wednesdays and Saturdays (unless the Feast of the Nativity or Our Lord fall on that day.) Note that, besides wearing the brown scapular. STIPULATIONS: Practicing the virtue of chastity according to one’s state. One must recite The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin daily. The recitation of the rosary instead of reading the Little Office may be granted to those who write requesting the substitute: Write, Blue Army, (bluearmy.com).

2.) The Green Scapular is the Scapular of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, it was begun in France after a vision, I'm not sure which one. It is for the conversion of those who are fallen away from the Faith and for non-catholics. My mom has sewed one into my uncle's mattress. lol