marielapin Posted March 3, 2004 Posted March 3, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Mar 3 2004, 05:47 PM'] you and I have similar tastes. I love McLintock! it's hilarious. we watch it all the time. we wore out our copy. have to get a new one. [/quote] I love your avatar Collen. I love the Quiet Man. Maureen O'Hara must be one of the most beautiful women that has ever lived.
Colleen Posted March 3, 2004 Posted March 3, 2004 [quote name='marielapin' date='Mar 3 2004, 05:04 PM'] I love your avatar Collen. I love the Quiet Man. Maureen O'Hara must be one of the most beautiful women that has ever lived. [/quote] thank you! i think she' really pretty too! that hair...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 3, 2004 Posted March 3, 2004 [quote]The Scarlet and the Black ~true story of a vatican priest who rescued Jews and allied soldiers in WWII[/quote] I almost forgot!!! [quote]Evidently, it's not a sin to watch a movie with objectionable material, even though we don't condone that material. Why isn't it a sin? Can someone help me? I'm really having a problem here![/quote] My best guess would be that there are going to be movies with objectionable material, but that the overall theme of the movie may prevail in a good and moral way. For instance, there is a LOT of violence in certain war movies, but those movies' intentions may be to show just how violent and bad war really is.
Colleen Posted March 4, 2004 Posted March 4, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 3 2004, 05:23 PM'] I almost forgot!!! My best guess would be that there are going to be movies with objectionable material, but that the overall theme of the movie may prevail in a good and moral way. For instance, there is a LOT of violence in certain war movies, but those movies' intentions may be to show just how violent and bad war really is. [/quote] yeah... what about the Passion of the Christ! one movie you've really got to see that i forgot: The Court Jester with Danny Kaye
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now