An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans First And Final Vows

Maria Faustina

Maria Faustina

Hey guys-just wanted to let you know that the Nashville Dominicans had their First Vows today (I think it was at 9:30) and I think the Final Vows are Monday at 9:30 also. I might have gotten the two switched up. Anyway, please keep them in your prayers and hopefully we'll have pictures soon!

in Christ,
Maria Faustina

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1608400' date='Jul 25 2008, 02:44 PM']Hey guys-just wanted to let you know that the Nashville Dominicans had their First Vows today (I think it was at 9:30) and I think the Final Vows are Monday at 9:30 also. I might have gotten the two switched up. Anyway, please keep them in your prayers and hopefully we'll have pictures soon!

in Christ,
Maria Faustina[/quote]

First vows are on Monday - 9:30 AM.

Praised be Jesus Christ!
My second (oldest) daughter and I are here! Yes, they are tomorrow. My daughter is leaning more towards the contemplative life, but she wanted to have this experience. We have met lots of great families, lovely Sisters and very happy women. We are glad to be here. I will fill you all in later. TradMom

[quote name='TradMom' post='1610352' date='Jul 27 2008, 10:04 PM']Praised be Jesus Christ!
My second (oldest) daughter and I are here! Yes, they are tomorrow. My daughter is leaning more towards the contemplative life, but she wanted to have this experience. We have met lots of great families, lovely Sisters and very happy women. We are glad to be here. I will fill you all in later. TradMom[/quote]

+

Cool. Thanks, Tradmom.

Praised be Jesus Christ!
We are finally home after a fantastic experience! We actually met another phatmasser. I will ask her permission before posting about that. But! We returned home to an accceptance letter for daughter number two! We are thrilled! She is not nearly as shy as daughter number one, but she is entering the SAME life as a contemplative nun! Like our first daughter's monastery, this one is very traditional and does not blog. It's still so new for her, it has not quite settled in (for any of us!!!).
Details (with permission from ALL!) to follow. We are all exhausted from travel and this BIG news. Please keep all of us in your prayers!!! This came as a true grace from our participation in Nashville! God's blessings to you all...
Tradmom

[quote name='TradMom' post='1612352' date='Jul 30 2008, 01:00 AM']Praised be Jesus Christ!
We are finally home after a fantastic experience! We actually met another phatmasser. I will ask her permission before posting about that. But! We returned home to an accceptance letter for daughter number two! We are thrilled! She is not nearly as shy as daughter number one, but she is entering the SAME life as a contemplative nun! Like our first daughter's monastery, this one is very traditional and does not blog. It's still so new for her, it has not quite settled in (for any of us!!!).
Details (with permission from ALL!) to follow. We are all exhausted from travel and this BIG news. Please keep all of us in your prayers!!! This came as a true grace from our participation in Nashville! God's blessings to you all...
Tradmom[/quote]

+

Yay! Thanks for the update!

Have been keeping daughter number 1 in my prayers, will now add daughter #2.

#1 is a Carmelite, I believe?

DevotedtoHim

I was there.....met TradMom and daughter number 2!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Details.... When the time is right!

DominicanPhilosophy

Ah, I wish I had seen earlier that you all were going to be there! I was there, too! Maybe next year or at another function. It sure was beautiful, though; in fact, the most beautiful Mass I believe I've ever been to! ;)

Edited by DominicanPhilosophy

VeniteAdoremus

There's a certain [i]je ne sais quoi[/i] about ordinations and vows that's just... ah, beautiful :)

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1614683' date='Jul 31 2008, 11:56 PM']Ah, I wish I had seen earlier that you all were going to be there! I was there, too! Maybe next year or at another function. It sure was beautiful, though; in fact, the most beautiful Mass I believe I've ever been to! ;)[/quote]

Well it seems that a number of us PMer's were in Nashville this weekend. I travelled with my friends to witness the first profession of their lovely daughter....about 50 of us in all. About 30 of us went back to the reception on Monday and then myself, a couple who are long time friends, and her immediate family stayed until Wednesday for daily visits. Wonderful time.

It was amazing to see discover so many people in our hotel were there for the profession. 18 Postulants entering soon.

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1614683' date='Jul 31 2008, 11:56 PM']Ah, I wish I had seen earlier that you all were going to be there! I was there, too! Maybe next year or at another function. It sure was beautiful, though; in fact, the most beautiful Mass I believe I've ever been to! ;)[/quote]

Well it seems that a number of us PMer's were in Nashville this weekend. I travelled with my friends to witness the first profession of their lovely daughter....about 50 of us in all. About 30 of us went back to the reception on Monday and then myself, a couple who are long time friends, and her immediate family stayed until Wednesday for daily visits. Wonderful time.

It was amazing to see discover so many people in our hotel were there for the profession. 18 Postulants entering soon.

My friends also had other children participating....their son was an altar server at the Mass and another of their daughters played the violin.

Edited by gloriagurl