An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pro-abortion Or Pro-choice

Didymus

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Didymus' post='1653520' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:28 PM']please do not alter my quotes without first removing my name. I find that a tad bit unethical.

for example, I have just edited your quote, in order to spell accuracy correctly, but I have removed your name as it is not something you actually said.[/quote]

I put it in red to deliniate it. That is perfectly ethical, it is done in published work all the time.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Didymus' post='1653220' date='Sep 11 2008, 02:15 PM']for that matter so is pro-life though, since many [i]if not most[/i] "pro-lifers" are for aggressive military action (which results in many unnecessary deaths) and the death penalty in the U.S.[/quote]

I disagree, I do not believe many or most Pro-Lifers support 'aggressive' military action. That would be wrong.

I believe that most pro-lifers understand that war is at times necessary, and Mother Church agrees. The Death Penalty is not only not against official Church Teaching, the Church also says that it is at times necessary, even in the Untied States. This is because the state has been given the power of the sword by God. The Church was not given the power of the sword, she therefor can not out right ban the Death Penalty for Criminals in any state or nation.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1653531' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:35 PM']I disagree, I do not believe many or most Pro-Lifers support 'aggressive' military action. That would be wrong.

I believe that most pro-lifers understand that war is at times necessary, and Mother Church agrees. The Death Penalty is not only not against official Church Teaching, the Church also says that it is at times necessary, even in the Untied States. This is because the state has been given the power of the sword by God. The Church was not given the power of the sword, she therefor can not out right ban the Death Penalty for Criminals in any state or nation.[/quote]

Well actually the church was given the Power of the Sword ( Unam Sanctum), but this does not mean that the State does not also have it.

KnightofChrist

The point is that something God gives can not be taken away but by God. The state was given the power of the sword by God, the Church can not take it away.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1653537' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:39 PM']The point is that something God gives can not be taken away but by God. The state was given the power of the sword by God, the Church can not take it away.[/quote]

Absolutely. What God has given--- IS.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1653522' date='Sep 11 2008, 11:30 PM']cmom? is that you?[/quote]
You must be mistaken, I refer to the mass murder of babies as slice and dice, since that is what the abortion procedure is. I hadn't thought of it in terms of what the butchers actually deserve. Good point DJ. However, one may not do evil in hopes that a good would result.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1653531' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:35 PM']I disagree, I do not believe many or most Pro-Lifers support 'aggressive' military action. That would be wrong.

I believe that most pro-lifers understand that war is at times necessary, and Mother Church agrees. The Death Penalty is not only not against official Church Teaching, the Church also says that it is at times necessary, even in the Untied States. This is because the state has been given the power of the sword by God. The Church was not given the power of the sword, she therefor can not out right ban the Death Penalty for Criminals in any state or nation.[/quote]

This thread isn't about debating Church Teaching. It's about which term (pro-choice or pro-abortion) will better save the lives of women and unborn children

Don John of Austria

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1653567' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:51 PM']You must be mistaken, I refer to the mass murder of babies as slice and dice, since that is what the abortion procedure is. I hadn't thought of it in terms of what the butchers actually deserve. Good point DJ. However, one may not do evil in hopes that a good would result.[/quote]

Hey I just said that was what meeting them on there own terms would mean.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1653567' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:51 PM']one may not do evil in hopes that a good would result.[/quote]

true that!

In one way it is choice: the mother decides that her needs/desires/issues are more important than the actual life of another human being. She plays God.
Abortion is the ultimate selfishness.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Didymus' post='1653570' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:51 PM']This thread isn't about debating Church Teaching. It's about which term (pro-choice or pro-abortion) will better save the lives of women and unborn children[/quote]

Well, you are the one who altered the subject then, aren't you?

I think one is morally obligated to call a thing what it is. So pro-abortion is better, though really abortion is such a clinical word it really is not much better.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1653578' date='Sep 11 2008, 11:53 PM']Hey I just said that was what meeting them on there own terms would mean.[/quote]
I know and I agree with you, I just hadn't thought of it in those terms. You forgot the shot of potassium chloride in the heart [ a method of execution favored by the Nazis] or the scissors in the back of the head with the brains sucked out. Maybe if people thought about what they were actually doing to their children, they would reconsider. Maybe.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1653593' date='Sep 11 2008, 10:57 PM']Well, you are the one who altered the subject then, aren't you?

I think one is morally obligated to call a thing what it is. So pro-abortion is better, though really abortion is such a clinical word it really is not much better.[/quote]

i refuse to argue this pointless misunderstanding. Go back and read what happened. I was discussing the meaning of the terms pro-life, in lieu of what someone had said about being pro-choice because of the broader context of the word. I did not bring up Church Teaching and what God has or has not bestowed upon the state,