Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Beheading On A Bus


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1620048' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:50 PM']Did I say that? Did I, Justin?? Did I say "I really believe everyone who chooses evil does so becuase thay have a mental disorder"? Did I say that? No, I did not. So why then would you say "do you really believe" and then make a random statement that you attributed to me but which I never said (or even came close to saying), and then call it "crazy"?[/quote]
You replied to a comment I made about people automatically assuming this man was crazy. All I said was that we are not professionals, and can't make that disagnosis. Excuse me for thinking that by refuting this you were implying you agreed with the culture's sentiment.

[quote]This is why I don't like talking to you and why I rarely bother. And after this, I won't be again[/quote]
The feeling is mutual. I wont bother with your posts anymore either (not that you'll be reading this anyway).

HisChildForever
Posted

I think it's far too "easy" to label this man as possessed or evil. Now Catherine has given us loads of information that the original news article didn't, and I think it's clear that there were drugs involved. Remember, she told us that a young man met the killer the day before the incident, and the killer was [b]selling[/b] his laptop. When addicts get desperate for money, they sell their things. (I also think that there was some form of mental instability, and the drugs only made this worse.)

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1620151' date='Aug 7 2008, 10:49 AM']I think it's far too "easy" to label this man as possessed or evil. Now Catherine has given us loads of information that the original news article didn't, and I think it's clear that there were drugs involved. Remember, she told us that a young man met the killer the day before the incident, and the killer was [b]selling[/b] his laptop. When addicts get desperate for money, they sell their things. (I also think that there was some form of mental instability, and the drugs only made this worse.)[/quote]

illicit drugs are one of Satan's tools in possession

labeling a person who does evil things as possessed isn't even an arguable point. It's the truth. Of course, you won't find this analysis in any media outlet....

Posted (edited)

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1617194' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:09 PM']My husband has been having to answer questions since this happened. They had a psychiatrist in Winnipeg make a diagnosis based on the early media reports that the man must be paranoid schizophrenic. That is of course the first reaction everyone has.

I have ridden that bus to Winnipeg several times, and that last stretch is so quiet. Everyone is tired and sleeping or watching the movie with their headphones on. The man is a new immigrant who's only been in the country with his wife for 4 years after coming from China. He still hasn't spoken a word in custody. His wife has been thrown an enormous curveball and needs prayers as well.[/quote]

This is heavy!!!!

One of the only types of psychological studies that may help us to understand this sort of thing is the past life regression under hypnosis study conducted by Helen WAmbach Ph.D and more recently by a Dr. Weiss who appeared on the Oprah telecast.

For some reason about ninety percent of the population seem to be able to be hypnotized and see visions of what appears to be past lives. There are cases where somebody who had a phobia about being strangled may be regressed in time under hypnosis, see themselves being hanged in a supposed past life,and from that time onward they seem to be able to almost completely overcome this phobia.

I have wondered if this past life regression under hypnosis material somehow relates to how John the BAptist was some how Elijah. On the other hand maybe this material strongly indicates that the fallen angels may be more powerful than we had imagined and maybe they have the ability to give false misleading visions to people who are in a vulnerable state/under hypnosis??!!???!!!??

I wonder if this murderer would see visions of himself beheading other victims in some sort of past life?!

Edited by tate4242
dominicansoul
Posted

Catholics don't believe in "past lives." Hypnosis can only be helpful if it doesn't indulge into matters such as this. Things like this seem strongly suggested. I'm not surprised Oprah would have something like this on her show.

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1620183' date='Aug 7 2008, 12:06 PM']Catholics don't believe in "past lives." Hypnosis can only be helpful if it doesn't indulge into matters such as this. Things like this seem strongly suggested. I'm not surprised Oprah would have something like this on her show.[/quote]

Hi DominicanSoul:

Good point. This has been a major question in my mind since the early 1990's when I read the Dr. Wambach study. I don't exactly believe in reincarnation either but I do suspect that we may find out that there is some level of genuineness to this phenomena. The common Jews of the time of Jesus certainly had ideas on this subject:


[quote]When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
And they said, Some [say that thou art] John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.[/quote] (Matthew 16)

What is more amazing is what Jesuss' own disciples thought on this subject:

[quote]And as [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man which was blind from [his] birth.

[size=4]And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind[/size]?[/quote](John 9)

Think about that question for a few moments!!!

dominicansoul
Posted

I believe if the Jews believed some type of reincarnation, it was somewhat of a superstition. Or, they were taking out of hand the prophesy of Elijah returning to earth again. Jesus himself said John the Baptist was he. This doesn't mean that John the Baptist was actually Elijah reincarnated, but the same zealous spirit resided in John as did in Elijah. On the other hand, there were some division amongst the Jews. Take the Sadducees and the Pharisees. They didn't always agree on certain issues, like the ressurection of the dead. Your last example, when the disciples questioned who sinned, the parents or this person that he was born blind...they are speaking of the fact God punished sins down through the generations. This is shown throughout the Old Testament. When a person grieviously offended God, God would punish that person by punishing his offspring down to the "nth" generation.

Posted

I once came up with a cool theory when I was cleaning the bathroom watching a National Geographic show about elephants.

Maybe we don't have past lives, but regressive memories. Like elephants. Elephants can remember where to find water from the memories of its ancestors. Seeing as we are much more complex, perhaps we have memories of our ancestors, and under hypnosis, they come up as "past life" memories. Seems to make sense to me.

Posted

That's called RNA memory. It's the herd or tribal knowledge that can get passed, like being afraid of reptiles. Lower forms of animals, especially those who have nothing to do with their offspring, depend on it. I read an article about people who survive disasters. Most humans freeze when something horrible happens. It was what we mammals did to survive when we were small furry things hiding from big scaly things. We freeze, flop, or run. Only people trained to deal with such situations act differently. Our memories are actually quite fragile, and hypnosis is a good way to mess it up.

Posted

[quote name='prose' post='1620263' date='Aug 7 2008, 01:13 PM']I once came up with a cool theory when I was cleaning the bathroom watching a National Geographic show about elephants.

Maybe we don't have past lives, but regressive memories. Like elephants. Elephants can remember where to find water from the memories of its ancestors. Seeing as we are much more complex, perhaps we have memories of our ancestors, and under hypnosis, they come up as "past life" memories. Seems to make sense to me.[/quote]

Interesting theory.

Personally, I have came to heavily lean toward the theory that Jesus/Yahushua is working out a plan that will include not only a Passover Event (the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus/Yahushua) and not only a Pentecost Event as at the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost but also a latter day Rosh Ha Shanah and Yom Kippur and a full fledged Festival of Tabernacles event that may occur somehow in our time period. I strongly suspect that when we Christians support the right of the Jewish people to reconstruct their Jerusalem Third Temple that somehow Jesus will guide world events to somehow conform to the latter day fall harvest metaphorical meaning.

I strongly suspect that the "things not lawful to be uttered" that the Apostle Paul heard while in his out of the body/near death experience may add further light on how Jesus really is not satisfied with a situation where "many are called, few are chosen" and He desires to initiate the situation where everybody knows God from the least to the greatest and the knowledge of God fills the earth like the waters fill the ocean beds.

[quote]I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
[size=4]How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter[/size].[/quote]

If in fact Jesus actually has a plan to bring everybody back to the God of Abraham then it is obvious why this info would be too good to be told to everybody with authority in the words of Paul that would be canonized. But I suspect it is kosher to speculate about such matters because this can help reach some people who are not responding to the traditional message/methods.

This might help to explain how the latter day Elijah person will somehow manage to even "pacify the wrath of God" as well as "restore the hearts of the fathers to the children" and "restore all things" and restore the tribes of Israel:

[url="http://www.drbo.org/chapter/26048.htm"]http://www.drbo.org/chapter/26048.htm[/url]

[quote]And Elias the prophet stood up, as a fire, and his word burnt like a torch

Who art registered in the judgments of times [size=4]to appease the wrath of the Lord[/size], to reconcile the heart of the father to the son, and to restore the tribes of Jacob.[/quote]Ecclesiasticus 48:1,10)


[quote]But he answering, said to them: [size=4]Elias indeed shall come, and restore all things[/size]. 12 But I say to you, that Elias is already come, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they had a mind. So also the Son of man shall suffer from them. 13 Then the disciples understood, that he had spoken to them of John the Baptist.[/quote](Matthew 17:11)

I have came to believe that the human soul/spirit is much like a DVD. You could record a half hour program such as Sid Roth's It's Supernatural on it, and then record Extreme Prophetic with Patricia King. It would not surprise me to find out that perhaps the identity of Isaiah was recorded on the same DVD as King David who stated that he would make himself more contemptable than to dance around in merely a loin cloth. (Isaiah was told to walk naked and barefoot for three years as a warning for Egypt and Ethiopia)!

But in the resurrection both King David as well as Isaiah are totally unique and separate and will each be given their own glorious immortal body. For centuries a high percentage of Catholics believed in some concepts of this nature that I suspect could not be fully understood until our time period:

[quote]The wrath of the Lord shall not return till he execute it, and till he accomplish the thought of his heart: [size=4]in the latter days you shall understand his counsel[/size].[/quote](Jeremiah 23)

Madame Vengier
Posted

I'm convinced hyposis is just a way to weaken the mind and let demons in. I'm totally and completely convinced of it. It may not happen to EVERY person EVERY time but it is a conduit that really shouldn't be tested. I've seen the so-called past life regression stories. Bizarre, weird and deeply disturbing to watch. I know that anything that gives me this reaction is NOT coming from God.

Posted

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1620048' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:50 AM']This is why I don't like talking to you and why I rarely bother. And after this, I won't be again.[/quote]
Who [i]do[/i] you talk to? Yourself?

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1620061' date='Aug 7 2008, 10:26 AM']Of course he had diabolical influence. We don't commit mortal sin without some type of this. Read Fr. Amorth's book on exorcism. There are several types of possession.

This guy was clearly POSSESSED by the devil...

Here is an excerpt from another priest: Father Delaporte of the Society of Mercy, The Devil: Does He Exist and What Does He Do?, pp. 150-151:[/quote]

I think you're taking the definition of "possession" a little bit out of proportion. The quotes you provide only support the fact that in mortal sin we open ourselves to greater temptation/influence by the devil. It does not automatically make one possessed.

[url="http://home.newadvent.org/cathen/12315a.htm"]http://home.newadvent.org/cathen/12315a.htm[/url]

The man very well may have been suffering from a mental disorder, he may have been possessed, he may have been on drugs, he may have been just plain evil. But none of us can really know that. We can hazard a guess, but we can't really make those judgments.

Posted

It was in the paper here this morning that the Westboro Baptist Church folks were going to come across the border to protest at this poor kid's funeral.

Posted (edited)

Who are they to play the role of God? They know nothing of him. :(

Edited by Selah
Posted

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1620633' date='Aug 7 2008, 06:18 PM']It was in the paper here this morning that the Westboro Baptist Church folks were going to come across the border to protest at this poor kid's funeral.[/quote]
Ugh. Figures.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1620633' date='Aug 7 2008, 07:18 PM']It was in the paper here this morning that the Westboro Baptist Church folks were going to come across the border to protest at this poor kid's funeral.[/quote]

They are so strange... :unsure:

HisChildForever
Posted (edited)

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1620633' date='Aug 7 2008, 06:18 PM']It was in the paper here this morning that the Westboro Baptist Church folks were going to come across the border to protest at this poor kid's funeral.[/quote]

Why? What are they protesting?!

edit: grammar.

Edited by HisChildForever
Posted

Why, Canada's being punished, doncha know :rolleyes:

Posted

Probably gay marriage mostly, but I am clueless as to why they would add more grief to this family. Of course, I have never understood them protesting at military funerals either. With luck, the border guys will tell them to get lost.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...