VeniteAdoremus Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1621142' date='Aug 8 2008, 08:12 AM']Not one "communicant" bowed nor made any gesture of reverence while in line. And you wonder why.[/quote] Well, that's just about the only thing they got right: they don't see any reason to be reverent towards the "Bread of Peace" because it's the people sharing it who count. And, of course, since "invalid" doesn't even cover the first two minutes of this liturgy, that's completely proper! But I understand what you're saying - the sad thing is that they would have exactly the same attitude during a real Mass. [quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1621142' date='Aug 8 2008, 08:12 AM']I wish they didn't try so dang hard to take out every He and Him. Sigh. And then they actually said 'she' at the end! Ahh! I've always wondered, though--how are they possibly going to get through the Our Father...?[/quote] I once heard "God, Father, Mother, Giver of Life".
geetarplayer Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 I heard an Indian priest at my parish preface the Our Father by saying that God is our Father AND our Mother. I was like
salterrae Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 JM + JT [quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1621142' date='Aug 8 2008, 01:12 AM']Not one "communicant" bowed nor made any gesture of reverence while in line. And you wonder why. I wish they didn't try so dang hard to take out every He and Him. Sigh. And then they actually said 'she' at the end! Ahh! I've always wondered, though--how are they possibly going to get through the Our Father...?[/quote] They tried sending Jesus a very angry e-mail about how this prayer He invented discriminated against women. Unfortunately for them the Pope is His secretary.
Winchester Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 This is exactly what happens when you don't eat beef.
DominicanPhilosophy Posted August 9, 2008 Posted August 9, 2008 This is very sad and disturbing. Definitely praying for them to return to the Church and to Christ, that they may resume their roles as women.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now