An Old School Catholic Message Board

Getting Ready

veritas99

well pham. Last week I packed everything up and moved out of St. Paul,MN where I had been living for the past 6 years. I am currently at my parents in Wisconsin counting down the days until I enter the Sister SErvants of the Eternal Word. I enter on August 22nd, in 16 days, but I leave to start heading down their on the 19th( in 13 days)
I was a bit anxious about being home with my family since they are not supportive at all but it has been going well so far and they are doing a little bit better with it. Sister Louise Marie called the other day to talk but I was not home and she talked with my mom for quite awhile on the phone which went really well I think. My mom was really negetive about the conversation ( she's a very negetive person) and Sister thought the conversation went really well. It was funny hearing two different interpretations on how the conversation went.
I was worred about getting in prayer time at home since my parents usually never leave me alone but they have been really good about giving me my space and allowing me to have time for prayer. It has relaly been a grace filled time so far which I am so thankful for.
All of the money stuff has come together even though I did not receive a grant from MEFV. Also . . . Sistere Louise Maire said that there might be another woman entering later. I'm praying for the Lord's will it would really be nice to have another postulant.
The Sisters right now are on their community retreat which will be finishing up on either thursday or friday. The postulants Sr. Hollie and Sr. Ashlie receive their new names and the habit on August 11th and Sr. Mary Anthony makes First Vows on August 15th.

Tracy

Praised be Jesus Christ!
Dear Tracy,
May God bless you on your journey. You are entering on a wonderful day, and as you begin this phase of your life, know that you carry with you the prayers and good thoughts of so many - known and unknown - to you.
May you find peace and God's presence in all your days.
In Him,
TradMom

TotusTuusMaria

Prayers for you! I think it is wonderful your entering the Sister Servants.

I :love: Sr. Mary Anthony. The Sister Servants are just great. When I was there for retreat they made me feel very comfortable, and then I helped them stuff envelopes on their stuffing day... they were so kind then. They always had a Sister with me to talk with me. I really enjoyed their company. So sweet.

I hope to be making a retreat down there this next Lent (as I really enjoyed my Lenten retreat there this year), and hopefully I will see you! :)

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue to pray, my mom is starting to pick pointless fights. Overall things are going better than I would have thought. Only 13 days left until my entrance date. Okay this may sound a bit bumb, but should I be nervous? I don't feel nervous at all about entering I have a lot of peace and joy but then I think why am I soo calm this is a big deal shouldn't I be nervous and stuff. It's like I'm anxious that I'm not anxious, does that make any sense?

VeniteAdoremus

I know that feeling from other situations :) The first time I wasn't nervous before a concert I got very nervous that I wasn't nervous anymore!

It's natural to be nervous for such a big event. But on the other hand, you're looking forward to it, you've formed a good impression about what you're getting in to (as much as that's possible before you actually do it, anyway :) ), and you're following God's will, something that's rumoured to give inner peace more often than not!

So, there's nothing wrong with not being anxious. It seems like you've been given a bit of emotional respite. Maybe you can use it to comfort your parents - apparently they [i]are[/i] anxious for you!

I agree with VA's point of view; also consider that you've gone through this to some degree before with the FSGM's, so it's somewhat familiar territory. AND if being at home is turning out to be pretty stressful right now, you may be feeling some relief that you'll be in a different environment soon. (for what it's worth)

Mary-Kathryn

(The following describes how it has been for me at times as I watch my children transition from kids to youg adults. Perhaps there is something in this that will be of help and comfort as you prepare to enter the convent- what wonderful news about your entrance!)

As a mom I can tell you that it's hard for us to let go and watch our children "grow and go" even when they are headed off to the best possible future a parent could hope for. You see as parents we tend to lay your life out for you when you are about, oh, one day old. We have it all down pat what schools you're going to, who and how you'll marry, where you'll live and so on. But then you kids do this thing called "taking charge of your life" and mess that neat little plan all up and send us parents into a spin. :lol_roll:

So if we parents get weepy or just plain grumpy, it's because we LOVE and sometimes letting go is the hardest act of love we are asked to do. It means that our babies aren't such babies any more and we have to trust that everything is going to be OK. The best thing of all is that no matter where my children go, I will always be "home" to them and what a wonderful idea that is.

Just my small thoughts as a Mom watching my children grow.

• 2 weeks later...

Good bye Pham. Thank you for you for all your prayers. This is my last post. I am leaving today ( monday) instead of tuesday to head down. Please continue to pray for me an especially for my family. This is making my mom physically sick. God Bless you all.

In Jesus and Mary,
Tracy