Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1632905' date='Aug 20 2008, 03:36 PM']I never said He lessened the blessings. If the water is not exorcised, then it is not exorcised water... pure and simple. It is blessed water, and it is holy water because it is still liturgical and a sacramental, but it does not carry an exorcism unless a priest exorcises it. Like I said, I know the old ritual contained an exorcism and I do not know if the new ritual does or not, I would like to see clarification on that. If it does not, then it makes sense why Fr. Amorth makes a distinction between "holy water" and "exorcised water" nowadays, whereas with the older rituals all holy water would have also been exorcised water.[/quote]
Something just occured to me...
Maybe this distinction between exorcised water and holy water is only a distinction that is identical to the difference between an exorcism and a blessing?
Obviously not on the same level, but that doesn't lessen a blessing in any way.
Make sense?

  • 10 years later...
John Keith
Posted

Where can I get “exorcised holy water”

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...