An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Movie Awards!

pan!c139

Awards  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thought this would be fun ;)

Feel free to discuss. :D

My personal favorites were The Dark Knight, and Prince Caspian; Heath Ledger and Georgie were my favs...:love:

The only movie I've seen are the Chronicles so i nullified my vote. Maybe I don't get out much?

Oh wait, i've seen Iron Man tool; the Black Sabbath song at the end is what really makes that movie.

^ Haha everyone says that.

I luvd Narnia - everyone was good (except Peter - he overacts). I did kinda miss the magical stuff tho...but that's how the story goes. And for the most part, they were true to the book. :cool:

I second that. I liked Maggie Gyllenhaal waaaaay better than Katie Holmes (I thought she sucked)...but I've never liked their character. Always thought she was annoying. <_<

My fav female in superhero movies is Lois Lane. I think Mary Jane is annoying too.

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1639529' date='Aug 27 2008, 11:39 AM']I second that. I liked Maggie Gyllenhaal waaaaay better than Katie Holmes (I thought she sucked)...but I've never liked their character. Always thought she was annoying. <_<[/quote]

How could she leave Batman for Harvey Dent in TDK?

What a load of garbage. That's really the only thing that ticked me off in that movie.

[quote name='J.P.' post='1639597' date='Aug 27 2008, 11:49 AM']How could she leave Batman for Harvey Dent in TDK?

What a load of garbage. That's really the only thing that ticked me off in that movie.[/quote]

She is ssoooooooo stoopid. Most of those girls in superhero movies are. :mellow:

[quote name='Didacus' post='1639599' date='Aug 27 2008, 11:51 AM']Think they'll make a Calvin and Hobbs movie anytime soon?[/quote]

I would so buy the tickets now if they did. :love:

[quote name='Didacus' post='1639599' date='Aug 27 2008, 12:51 PM']Think they'll make a Calvin and Hobbs movie anytime soon?[/quote]

I wish.

Just from your selections, I voted for The Dark Knight as the best film, Heath Ledger as best actor and Liv Tyler as best actress in The Strangers, which was almost as good as The Dark Knight.

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1639484' date='Aug 27 2008, 12:45 PM']I luvd Narnia - everyone was good (except Peter - he overacts). I did kinda miss the magical stuff tho...but that's how the story goes. And for the most part, they were true to the book. :cool:[/quote]

Except for the part where they invaded the castle in the middle of the night; the part where Peter went power crazy and wouldn't listen to what anyone said; and the whole thing between Susan and Prince Caspian where she kissed him at the end.

I thought it was a good movie, I just got annoyed when they added these plot twists that never happened.

^ Dido. I was so pissed when Susan kissed him. I was like, " No, please no...no...no...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! UGH!!!!!" Yeah, and the castle raid too...<_<

Otherwise, it was pretty true to the book...better than most books-made-to-movies these days...

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1640510' date='Aug 28 2008, 02:57 PM']^ Dido. I was so pissed when Susan kissed him. I was like, " No, please no...no...no...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! UGH!!!!!" Yeah, and the castle raid too...<_<

Otherwise, it was pretty true to the book...better than most books-made-to-movies these days...[/quote]

That is true. I am kind of a book snob though, especially when I love the books as much as I do the Chronicles of Narnia. But you are right, considering most of the movies they make out of books these days, this wasn't too bad. I hope they don't change too much for the rest of them!