immaculata Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 March 7 +JMJ+ I just came home today from the Peoria 2004 Eucharistic Retreat.. And now I'm exhausted! I had a friend from out of town spend the night at my house last night, and we got NO sleep. Now, somehow I've gotta drag myself out of bed and finish all the homework that piled up over the weekend! The retreat was awesome.. it was run by the Brothers of St. John, and there were some really great speakers. My friends from Chicago came down, so it was sooo much fun to hang with them. Great band, great food, great retreat. One thing kinda bugged me, though. I was having a great time and everything, but I never really felt that [u]connection[/u] that I was looking for. I've been kind of angry and questioning God right now, and I really wanted him to speak to me, to change me. *sigh* I just don't know.. Father Klamut said that I should be seeking the God of consolations, not the consolations of God.. Meaning that my prayer life cant' be fully reliant on how it 'feels' right now. Didn't St. Therese of Avila go through twelve years of dryness in her prayer life? Oh gosh.. I'm just so confused right now.. but at least I'm a little less confused after retreat! Well.. off to homework now!! *cue Mission Impossible Theme*
littleflower+JMJ Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 [quote name='the_rev' date='Mar 7 2004, 04:51 PM'] You have children Little Flower? [/quote] well i got kids, but their not "my" kids, well they [i]are[/i] my kids but im not their mother im their CCD teacher. and katrina, keep the faith. :wub: when we feel the farthest away from God, that is when He is the closest.
Colleen Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Mar 7 2004, 06:09 PM'] One thing kinda bugged me, though. I was having a great time and everything, but I never really felt that [u]connection[/u] that I was looking for. I've been kind of angry and questioning God right now, and I really wanted him to speak to me, to change me. *sigh* I just don't know.. Father Klamut said that I should be seeking the God of consolations, not the consolations of God.. Meaning that my prayer life cant' be fully reliant on how it 'feels' right now. Didn't St. Therese of Avila go through twelve years of dryness in her prayer life? Oh gosh.. I'm just so confused right now.. but at least I'm a little less confused after retreat! Well.. off to homework now!! *cue Mission Impossible Theme* [/quote] don't worry, it happens to the best of us. and the worst of us, like me. we can't always "feel" love but we always love. don't worry. just pray! and i'll be praying for you!
Gunga_ann Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 March 7, 2004 Hey! My b-day was on March 4th. Fun! I got sung to like 3 times! Once in Church! Well, today is my favorite day of the week! Sunday! First I went to 8:00 Mass, then to CCD. I got to sit in the 8th graders class. It was great! Then I went to part of 11:00 mass and I tought preschool class. I love the little children! Then I had a 15 min. breakfast and then off to a retreat meeting! We made some candels. Then I had to rush off to our first youth group gathering! It was sooo much fun! I lead the disscussion! All about Lent. Very fun! And now I am here, on my favorite page! I love Phat mass!!! I think that is it for now. Thanks for caring! Me...
the_rev Posted March 8, 2004 Author Posted March 8, 2004 030408 JMJ Dear Lord, Thank you for yesterday, and now I life today, to allow me to live another day, and preach of your goodness and good news. I pray father, today that my spanish presentation with an athesist and another person wil go all right today. I pray today for your blessings to go to Kyle so your presence will be real to him. And thank you Lord because Ysterday I didn't fall the temptation of the devil, whihc I thank you and praise you for.
immaculata Posted March 8, 2004 Posted March 8, 2004 March 8th +JMJ+ Yikes... another stressful Monday. I was feeling good from the retreat this weekend, but then I had to go back to school and put up with the same people that I can't stand. I still have to deal with their mean, spiteful comments, and I still have to hold my tounge to try to not say mean, spiteful things in return (haha.. I don't succeed at that one very often... ) Only a year and two months till graduation!!!!!!!! *sigh*
VeraMaria Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 March 8th, 2004 SPANISH QUARTER TEST.......AAAARGHHH!!!!!!!!!! My teacher is bent on our destruction :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: too many "end-of-the-third-quarter" tests this week... immaculata, i'm with you on the people-i-cant-stand thing. i try (unsuccesfully) to hold my tongue .......phatmassing....i'm happy now...lol....
the_rev Posted March 9, 2004 Author Posted March 9, 2004 We just got progress Reports today... Man I feel behind!
cathgirl Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 3/8/04 Not much happened today. We had our band concert tonight, it went okay. I have two tests tomorrow...I should probably start studying!!! Can you guys please keep my spanish teacher in your prayers?? She is on bedrest the rest of the year b/c of preg. problems. She is the sweetest lady in the world!!! Wellllll...I better go study. Good night!!! Cathgirl
the_rev Posted March 9, 2004 Author Posted March 9, 2004 040309 Dear Lord, Please accept my apologies for my sins, especially for the one I committed last night. Lord guide me and help me, as I receive the sacrament of Confession tomorrow, help me recall my sins, so I can experience your forgiveness. Father, today I heard the song, Who am I by Casting Crowns, and it truly made me think, who am I, that the king of the Universe really would want to know me, especially when I commit mortal sins. But Lord, as I persevere this day, may you help me and give me your guidance as I pray this in your name. AMEN
immaculata Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 3/9/04 I'm at school right now... SHHH!!! Just wanted to say THANK YOU LORD for what happened last night.
Gunga_ann Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 March 9, 2004 Hey! What is up. Back at school. I love coming here! I mean to the phorm, not really school. hehe. Well, what is up? I have a delema: on thursday, there is this winter sports banquet that I might have to go to, but I also have shadow stations practice, and a youth group meeting. What am I to do? God guide me.. Any way, nothing else is relly new! bye for now me...
the_rev Posted March 10, 2004 Author Posted March 10, 2004 040310 Father, I thank you for giving me life this day, so I can once again bring your light to others. I ask you this day for your guidance, so I won't be immature, that I will do all for your honor and glory. I thank you Lord that I'm on day 2, and now I'm going to confession tonight. May you keep me strong in my journey. Thanks God, Ed
littleflower+JMJ Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 4-11-04 i pray tonite (early morning) for all my friends and classmates that as the spring break rolls around everyoen may be safe and have God in their lives and make the right decisions for your greater glory lord. :hearts: +JMJ
Colleen Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 This didn't happen today, but I still wanted to share it. On Monday, my birthday, my little brother Brian (he's 5) told my Mom it was [i]Jesus'[/i] birthday. She was a little confused. She said, "Why did you say that it's Jesus' birthday? It's Colleen's birthday today." He replied, "Well, it's Jesus' birthday cause Jesus lives in Colleen so it's His birthday too!" It was so cute and so profound at the same time. It was a nice little birthday gift.
willguy Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 Awww... Little kids are so cool with how simple everything is to them. You just gotta laugh.
Gunga_ann Posted March 13, 2004 Posted March 13, 2004 March 12(I think) 2004 Hey, Ya'll! Well, let us see about my day. Nothing big really happened. I did start thinking about greed and rich people and earthly things. I, myself, am kind of sick of large sums of money that could be used for better things. but, that is me... My youth group is going to preform a living shadow version of the stations of the cross next friday! I can't wait! it is going to be awesome!!! I am Veronica. And a reader. It is going to be soo cool! My hands are really cold. We have a track meet tomarrow. Pray that my shot goes far. I can't think of what else to say. Pray for my prayer partner Brenden God Bless you all and your friends, and your kin, and your foes, and your strangers! Me...
voiciblanche Posted April 8, 2004 Posted April 8, 2004 April 7, 2004 Okay, no one's posted on this particular subject in a month, but I thought it was interesting, so I'm bumping it. As for my thoughts and actions for the day... I really hate how most of my peers are so far from Him. For example, I just had one of my closest friends try to get me to check out some links on a site with all this "funny junk." Well, of course, it's not funny unless it includes cursing and almost-nudity. My peers are about 13! I had another person tell one of my other friends that she "couldn't fit through two desks because she's too fat." My poor friend, she already has no self-esteem. And, of course, the guy that said it, when confronted, told me that he was "just kidding." I feel terrible. Also, I can't help but wonder if my Catholociscm is a scam. I feel like I only "act Catholic" to impress others, but then, I don't feel that way. I mean, my friends basically accuse me of thinking I'm better than them if I, say, act reverent during Mass. So why would that impress them? But I think I may be struggling to impress people who are serious about the Faith, such as Priests and youth group leaders and kids. I don't want to be this way, and I'm telling myself that I'm not, and asking Him to make me yearn only for His attention. But then there's that whole, you know, free will thing... Okay, this was a long post, but I do feel a little better. Please continue this journal thing! I like it! It's cool!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now