SpareTime Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648970' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:19 AM']Whatever.[/quote] lawl. I can draw you a picture if you want.
JustJ Posted September 6, 2008 Author Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648967' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:18 AM']They're a bunch of losers who will never achieve the national stage. All they do is take away votes from good to semi-good politicians that might actually accomplish something. Do tell.[/quote] I like how you say that they would do something such as attempting to deceive people on an easily checked matter when they have done no such thing (whereas conservative pundits have done things like that in the past), and then you call them losers who will never achieve anything on the national stage? Well, no, not with the "There can be only two parties" mindset, but that's irrelevant. They have a lot of good thoughts, and they should not be forced to accept suboptimal views for the sake of getting elected.
Justin86 Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 (edited) deleted post Edited September 6, 2008 by Justin86
JustJ Posted September 6, 2008 Author Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648976' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:24 AM'][mod]edit--vulgar language[/mod].[/quote] Thank you for your enlightening, highly intellectual political discourse.
SpareTime Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 I know who not to bother with when trying to have an intelligent conversation on these boards. lawl.
Justin86 Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='JustJ' post='1648975' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:23 PM']I like how you say that they would do something such as attempting to deceive people on an easily checked matter when they have done no such thing (whereas conservative pundits have done things like that in the past), and then you call them losers who will never achieve anything on the national stage? Well, no, not with the "There can be only two parties" mindset, but that's irrelevant. They have a lot of good thoughts, and they should not be forced to accept suboptimal views for the sake of getting elected.[/quote] Now that my internet connection is back up, I can finally engage you (sorry if you thought my comment was directed towards you it wasn't). I never said the Republicans were perfect. I know that they mislead the people sometimes too, so I'm not why you felt my theory was so far out there that the Libertarians might be.
SpareTime Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648976' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:24 AM']Spare Time: [mod]vulgar language--hsm[/mod].[/quote] Don't get mad at me for your political/research/google ineptitude.
Justin86 Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='SpareTime' post='1648980' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:30 PM']I know who not to bother with when trying to have an intelligent conversation on these boards. lawl.[/quote] You would be one of them. What have you offered in this discussion, other than to insult my intelligence?
JustJ Posted September 6, 2008 Author Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648982' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:32 AM']Now that my internet connection is back up, I can finally engage you (sorry if you thought my comment was directed towards you it wasn't). I never said the Republicans were perfect. I know that they mislead the people sometimes too, so I'm not why you felt my theory was so far out there that the Libertarians might be.[/quote] Because the Libertarians have not yet had any examples of such behavior of which I am aware? In any case, the fact that you are, as I might presume, a Republican, I found this whole thing ironic in that sense. Now, if you can find any examples of Libertarians trying to deceive the public, I'd be happy to look over it.
SpareTime Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648984' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:33 AM']You would be one of them. What have you offered in this discussion, other than to insult my intelligence?[/quote] I don't generally talk to myself. I tried to let you know how to look up laws and also a way to avoid making statements that later make you look foolish but you took offense to that for whatever reason. I don't know why you got upset with me pointing out the fact that it's better to actually know the facts in a situation before making accusations or speculating.
Justin86 Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='SpareTime' post='1648986' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:35 PM']I tried to let you know how to look up laws and also a way to avoid making statements that later make you look foolish but you took offense to that for whatever reason. I don't know why you got upset with me pointing out the fact that it's better to actually know the facts in a situation before making accusations or speculating.[/quote] I never got upset with you until you persisted on insulting me.
JustJ Posted September 6, 2008 Author Posted September 6, 2008 Also, I don't particularly care who your remarks were directed at. They're still not really appropriate for serious discussion, are they?
SpareTime Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648987' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:36 AM']I never got upset with you until you persisted on insulting me.[/quote] The "whatever" seemed to insinuate an attitude of disdain. My mistake.
Paladin D Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 Yo guys, let's try to chill just a little here. Besides, I'm trying to sleep (3:38am EST/-5 GMT).
JustJ Posted September 6, 2008 Author Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648987' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:36 AM']I never got upset with you until you persisted on insulting me.[/quote] What is a joke?
Justin86 Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='JustJ' post='1648985' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:35 PM']Now, if you can find any examples of Libertarians trying to deceive the public, I'd be happy to look over it.[/quote] I already provided the Supreme Court case on the first page in which they not only claimed a victory for something that political parties don't work to achieve, but also falsely accused the Republicans of trying to claim the same thing. It's trying to mislead the public.
Justin86 Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 (edited) [quote name='JustJ' post='1648988' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:38 PM']Also, I don't particularly care who your remarks were directed at. They're still not really appropriate for serious discussion, are they?[/quote] Neither are insults. Can we get over it already? Geeze, I deleted my comment already. Happy now? Edited September 6, 2008 by Justin86
JustJ Posted September 6, 2008 Author Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648992' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:40 AM']I already provided the Supreme Court case on the first page in which they not only claimed a victory for something that political parties don't work to achieve, but also falsely accused the Republicans of trying to claim the same thing. It's trying to mislead the public.[/quote] Sorry, I have a tendency to miss stories that aren't cited with some external link. Regardless, a "who won" issue is a silly thing to claim on par with calling out a party for doing something illegal. The handgun thingy was really a victory for both the Republicans and the Libertarians. Now if you were to give me a link with Libertarians claiming that the Republicans had nothing to do with it, sure, I'd say that's a little dumb of them, but it's nothing as serious as this could turn out to be.
SpareTime Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1648993' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:42 AM']Can we get over it already? Geeze, I deleted my comment already. Happy now?[/quote] You're forgiven. (kidding, of course.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now