An Old School Catholic Message Board

Top 10 Catholic Pick-up Lines...

Proud2BCatholic139

what age do you plan to get married? or that you thnk you would get married at?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paddington

I just thought of this and a time that I could've used it. D'oh!

"Give me a list of 5 Corporal Works of Mercy and one donation to charity. Upon my completion of them, we will go to a restaurant and movie of your choice."

Sleazy? Yes. And no. ;)

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1283599' date='May 29 2007, 04:52 PM']We had a teacher who told us if anyone ever asked us what it was we should answer either, "A STOP sign!" or "Rail Road crossing." :mellow:[/quote]
:lol_roll:

oh my goodness. If anyone ever used that on me (doubtful, but hey, there's always a chance), I would most definitely say that.

"what's your sign?" :pimp:

"a [i]stop[/i] sign." :rolleyes:

:lol_pound:

• 2 weeks later...

I would never date a guy who uses a pick up line.. that just shows how desperate they are...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='14717' date='Aug 7 2003, 12:20 AM']here you go...i always had this but wanted to share w/ ya newbies!!!
enjoy!!

TOP TEN CATHOLIC PICK UP LINES

10. May I offer you a light for that votive candle?

9. Hi there. My buddy and I were wondering if you would settle a dispute we're having. Do you think the word should be pronounced HOMEschooling, or homeSCHOOLing?

8. Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper.

7. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?

6. You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!

5. Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier little Catholic bookstore downtown.

4. I bet I can guess your confirmation name.

3. You've got stunning scapular-brown eyes.

2. Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time?

1. Confess here often?
:P[/quote]

+

Oh my, those were HILARIOUS!

• 2 weeks later...

sooo I was cruisin' around phatmass and ran into an [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=41450&hl=favorite+word"]old thread[/url] with the same topic... ^_^ and surprisingly, they have some that we haven't covered here.

my favorites:
-I don't pray in tongues, but I kiss like that. (I know, I know, it's bad.)
-Until I met you, I thought there were only five glorious mysteries!
-Are you Saint Anthony? Because you found my heart!
-Wow, God must have been having a good day when He created you.
-You know, God is pure beauty...I see a lot of God in you.
-You do realize that you're breaking the seventh commandment, right? because you stole my heart.
-The girl (or guy) walks around the prospect and then grabs the back of their shirt and looks at the tag and says....."yep, exactly what I thought.....made in heaven"
- (not catholic, but...) if i asked you to be my girlfriend, would the answer be the same as the one to this question?
-Your eyes are green, but they sure aren't Ordinary!
-I gave up not having a girlfriend for Lent... wanna help me grow in holiness?
-If Aquinas had met you, he would have only needed one argument for the existence of God.

he, glad to see a lot of people liked my lines. Especially the chicks, they're the experts after all.
:blush:

You gotta keep in mind that pick up lines, IMO, is simply a way of breaking the ice.

How about:

Give me your love and I will give you my life.

When I saw you I knew that God really does awnser prayers.

Is this your rosary? I found it on the floor behind you.

-My guardian angel thinks you're cute.
-Ah, so you're what happened to my missing rib.

:sweat:

I think I could actually make these work!

(but don't tell my wife I said so or she'll beat me again - :weap: - joke)

[quote name='Brigid' post='1306769' date='Jun 30 2007, 06:10 PM']sooo I was cruisin' around phatmass and ran into an [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=41450&hl=favorite+word"]old thread[/url] with the same topic... ^_^ and surprisingly, they have some that we haven't covered here.

my favorites:
-You do realize that you're breaking the seventh commandment, right? because you stole my heart.
-The girl (or guy) walks around the prospect and then grabs the back of their shirt and looks at the tag and says....."yep, exactly what I thought.....made in heaven"
- (not catholic, but...) if i asked you to be my girlfriend, would the answer be the same as the one to this question?
-If Aquinas had met you, he would have only needed one argument for the existence of God.[/quote]

those are awesome!

missionarybelle

I have a facebook group dedicated to catholic pick-up lines and I'd love to use some of these in the group (giving you due credit)

is that ok?

Anastasia13

[quote name='Didacus' post='1277136' date='May 18 2007, 08:13 PM']I may be spending an eternity with God, the mean-time would be heaven if it were with you.

*smirk*[/quote]
That is so cute!

[quote name='Brigid' post='1306769' date='Jun 30 2007, 06:10 PM']sooo I was cruisin' around phatmass and ran into an [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=41450&hl=favorite+word"]old thread[/url] with the same topic... ^_^ and surprisingly, they have some that we haven't covered here.

my favorites:
-If Aquinas had met you, he would have only needed one argument for the existence of God.[/quote]
Those ones lay teh smackdown. The second one really hits home.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='chelsea' post='1280592' date='May 24 2007, 02:51 PM']Nice bible.

God told me to come talk to you.

Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?

The word says "Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry"; how about dinner?

You don't have an accountability partner? Me neither.

You want to come over and watch the 10 commandments tonight?

I'll turn the other cheek for you, if you'll turn yours to me.

Love is patient and kind, you know. If you'll be patient, I'll be kind.

Man does not live by bread alone. So how about dinner and a movie?

What do you think Paul meant when he said, "Greet everyone with a holy kiss" (1Pet 5:24)?[/quote]

Wow, perhaps guys at FUS and AU use lines like these.

[quote name='avemaria40' post='848246' date='Jan 6 2006, 06:30 PM']Or, for a guy to a girl, "you look so beautiful in that mantilla you wear to Mass"

another one, "Do you like my chastity ring?"

"It's meatless Friday, wanna get some fish filets?"

"that halo really makes you glow!"

"You're prolife too? Wow, we have so much in common!"

"Can you help me with my Church Latin? I'm a little rusty and I heard you're amazing!"

"(Insert Catholic band name here) is having a concert on Saturday night, want to go with me?"

Hope you guys like these![/quote]

:love:

[quote name='Brigid' post='1273530' date='May 14 2007, 08:18 PM']so my boyfriend's a phatmasser, and he used this one on me. :blush:

thankfully, there's a variation. ^_^ he has these gorgeous light blue eyes (completely not the color of a scapular), so my response to him was "you have beautiful Marian-blue eyes!"[/quote]

Well, there is the blue scapular. :saint:

That totally reminds me of a funny story. I attended this one guy's graduation party years ago and before I left to go home I said that I had some protection to give him and his girlfriend. The guy made a big, "What?" I reached into my pocket and pulled out a green scapular for each of them. :biglol: