An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Motu Proprio Day!

Resurrexi

One year ago today Summorum Pontificum went into effect. Happy motu proprio day!

:incense:

Thanks be to God and to Pope Benedict XVI! :pope:

Edited by StThomasMore

puellapaschalis

Wow...this time last year I had never been to a Mass in the Extraordinary Form and was a bit of a skeptic. I've now been to five and am hooked!

Thank you, Holy Father!!

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1655242' date='Sep 14 2008, 10:37 AM']One year ago today Summorum Pontificum went into effect. Happy motu proprio day!

:incense:

Thanks be to God and to Pope Benedict XVI! :pope:[/quote]

All right! Dante's feast day, and now Sept 14th is also the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum. Fantastic :cool:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1655485' date='Sep 14 2008, 05:37 PM']I'm confused. What happened a year ago?[/quote]

Pope Benedict's Summorum Pontificum went into effect allow any priest to preform the Traditional Latin Mass. The Mass for all Catholics before Vatican II.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1655491' date='Sep 14 2008, 04:54 PM']Pope Benedict's Summorum Pontificum went into effect allow any priest to preform the Traditional Latin Mass. The Mass for all Catholics before Vatican II.[/quote]

Sorry to be nitpicky, but the Extraordinary Form was never the Mass of the Eastern Rites :)

And the Ordinary Form can be said in Latin as well :)

KnightofChrist

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1655504' date='Sep 14 2008, 06:27 PM']Sorry to be nitpicky, but the Extraordinary Form was never the Mass of the Eastern Rites :)

And the Ordinary Form can be said in Latin as well :)[/quote]

Dang, meant to say Latin Rite Catholics...

• 9 months later...