An Old School Catholic Message Board

Brad Pitt Donates Money To Support Gay Marriage

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_en_ce/people_brad_pitt"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_en_...eople_brad_pitt[/url]

Uggg.

This isn't the first time that he has said something like this. As few years ago when his child was born he said that he would not get married until everyone could marry whichh he explained meant gays.

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1657826' date='Sep 17 2008, 07:12 PM']Now you know how I felt when I found out Sean Astin supported John Kerry :sadwalk:[/quote]

:bigshock:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

:sadder:

RIZZ!!!! *crying* You ruined another actor for me!!!!!!! :cry:

littleflower+JMJ

Okay I know it might sound alittle harsh but is Brad Pitt really a good advocate for marriage? He's didn't even last his first one! There's no quitting in the marriage game! :rolleyes: But yet, he's promoting it to devalue it more? <_<

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1657911' date='Sep 17 2008, 09:23 PM']Okay I know it might sound alittle harsh but is Brad Pitt really a good advocate for marriage? He's didn't even last his first one! There's no quitting in the marriage game! :rolleyes: But yet, he's promoting it to devalue it more? <_<[/quote]

Maybe he just doesn't know what marriage really is? :unsure:

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1657925' date='Sep 17 2008, 10:40 PM']Maybe he just doesn't know what marriage really is? :unsure:[/quote]
Him and the rest of the world? :(

HisChildForever

It's disappointing.

But not having respect for him just because you share different viewpoints (when, who knows, you might have more in common with him than you think)? Boycotting his movies?

If we boycotted every actor/actress in Hollywood who went against our morals, then we probably wouldn't have enough people to make a movie. =/

Should we stop watching all of Actor B's movies because he's been having premarital sex? Or we should avoid the movie we know Actress A is in, because she supports Planned Parenthood?

Edit:

And what if Brad Pitt was co-starring in a film with a hardcore Catholic? What do we do when there's conflict? Protest Brad Pitt or support the Catholic by buying a ticket?

These are (mostly) rhetorical questions.

Edited by HisChildForever

oh wow, he has a completely benign political belief that we happen to not agree with, i guess that makes him a horrible person and we should all boycott his movies?