An Old School Catholic Message Board

"catholics Are In A False Cult And The Church Is The Whore Out Of

According to Pastor John Hagee from SanAntonio Texas who's broadcast is seen all over the world, "the catholic church is a false cult and the whore described in revelations"

Those are pretty strong words considering he's a well known christian pastor from a large congregation. How many other christain leaders hold this view and how do they back it up with scripture ?

And if he holds true to this and really means it is he commiting blasphemy against the holy spirt ?

What is the premise of this question? Why do you ask? Any scripture or whatever that brings about this inquiry? You might have already answered your question.

In the bible when Jesus talks about blashpemy against the holy spirit, the catholic version translates it into saying that blasphemy against the holy spirit is attributeing to the devil what is of the holy spirit.

So im wondering by pastor hagee saying these things is he commiting blasphemy against the holy spirt ? Since he is saying that the catholic church is the whore out of revelations and attributeing it to satan.

Blashpemy against the holy spirit is the unforgivable sin so is he out of luck ?

Edited by Guest

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1657901' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:11 PM']According to Pastor John Hagee from SanAntonio Texas who's broadcast is seen all over the world, "the catholic church is a false cult and the whore described in revelations"

Those are pretty strong words considering he's a well known christian pastor from a large congregation. How many other christain leaders hold this view and how do they back it up with scripture ?

And if he holds true to this and really means it is he commiting blasphemy against the holy spirt ?[/quote]

and this is backed up with...?

I can say all I want...what matters is if I can back any of it up.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1657942' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:52 PM']In the bible when Jesus talks about blashpemy against the holy spirit, the catholic version translates it into saying that blasphemy against the holy spirit is attributeing to the devil what is of the holy spirit.

So im wondering by pastor hagee saying these things is he commiting blasphemy against the holy spirt ? Since he is saying that the catholic church is the whore out of revelations and attributeing it to satan.

Blashpemy against the holy spirit is the unforgivable sin so is he out of luck ?[/quote]

What verse?

Isn't it sorta circular reasoning?
I mean... you're saying that he's in a state of sin for attributing the True Church to the devil... but he doesn't think he's in a state of sin because he believes that our Church is from the devil.
Some arguments just... are dismissed. :( If someone doesn't want to see it, they don't.

im not saying he is in a state of sin im just wondering ?
and blasphemy against the holy spirit is not forgiven in this life or the next according to Christ.
so a situation like this seems complex.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1657945' date='Sep 17 2008, 10:58 PM']and this is backed up with...?

I can say all I want...what matters is if I can back any of it up.[/quote]

its all over the internet and on you tube.
i'll try to find some links, im not makeing this up. :lol_roll:
that donahue (sp) guy head of the catholic leauge or whatever he does, spoke out on it, saying that he has started a war. like i said i'll look for some links.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1658015' date='Sep 18 2008, 01:23 AM'][url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/29/john-hagees-mccain-endor_n_89189.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/29/j...or_n_89189.html[/url][/quote]

Awwwwwwww. The Youtube video has been taken down. I wonder why.

Well McCain made a mistake over Hagee. At least he didn't go to his church for 20 years and have his kids baptized there.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1659004' date='Sep 19 2008, 03:32 PM']I think that a lot of people think this. It is because they've been told this since they were little. That's where hatred starts.[/quote]
Exactly.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1658004' date='Sep 18 2008, 12:12 AM']im not saying he is in a state of sin im just wondering ?
and blasphemy against the holy spirit is not forgiven in this life or the next according to Christ.
so a situation like this seems complex.[/quote]
Yea, I definitely agree. I'm just saying that they definitely don't see it that way. It's not like they would look at what they're saying and go "well I'm attributing something from the Holy Spirit to the devil, but it's ok this time." They're saying "this isn't actually from the Holy Spirit, but rather from the devil."

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1659470' date='Sep 19 2008, 07:13 PM']Yea, I definitely agree. I'm just saying that they definitely don't see it that way. It's not like they would look at what they're saying and go "well I'm attributing something from the Holy Spirit to the devil, but it's ok this time." They're saying "this isn't actually from the Holy Spirit, but rather from the devil."[/quote]

I never actually heard that interpretation until more recently, regarding what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was... it got me a little worried because for example once I saw someone who claimed to be filled with the Holy Spirit (while at the same time exhibiting huge amounts of pride and other things that seemed contary to its gifts) and I remember doubting it and thinking that they were deceived by evil forces, especially because they weren't Catholic and seemed into non-Catholic personal prophecies... but I didn't have any idea that could be toeing the line of blaspheming the Holy Spirit... does anyone think it was?

Edited by lilac_angel