philothea Posted September 28, 2008 Posted September 28, 2008 I really do hope someone (besides us) reads it!!
BG45 Posted September 28, 2008 Author Posted September 28, 2008 Thanks Mom did at least and said most of it went over her head, but she backs me. With the caveat "you really shouldn't send it until you're sure you won't back out".
CatherineM Posted September 28, 2008 Posted September 28, 2008 [quote name='BG45' post='1665517' date='Sep 27 2008, 10:56 PM']Thanks Mom did at least and said most of it went over her head, but she backs me. With the caveat "you really shouldn't send it until you're sure you won't back out".[/quote] I put off my resignation letter to the CWL group at my old parish until tonight for the same reason. I thought I was going to lose my nerve. I was also just plain chicken. The president is one of those older, cranky kind of women, and I'm not looking forward to having my head taken off.
BG45 Posted September 28, 2008 Author Posted September 28, 2008 Catherine, I can't blame you from the description...heh. I went to my first RCIA meeting, just a short informal intro. For informal everyone else was dressed up. First RCIA meeting I was walking, talking on the phone to Missy about telling dad, etc. How I had this dream at kneeling at the Consecration. How when I was praying on how to tell dad that "This is Home" came on the radio as it has every time I've wondered. Then I felt like I was in someone's way, and I turn around, Father Casey was walking behind me a bit to the right. "Hi Father" "Hello, see you over there!" We had 14 people, a little over half are Catholic already just doing it to have a refresher! I'm by far the youngest, with most of the others marrying in, so to speak. It was a good meeting, we discussed the format, introduced ourselves and such. Then there was essentially forced mingling...we couldn't tell the nuns no after they made us snacks. Yes, Fr.'s eyes seemed to widen a bit when I said I'd been to Adoration before. Most of them however have me on going to Mass though. Mostly stories like "I went to Mass for X number of years before converting" and I'm like, "I read my way in...and then went to Eucharistic Adoration." Overall a fun first class. He joked my resignation letter would be good weekend reading.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now