An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question Faith

Guest CAT-angel

Guest CAT-angel

hey i am having some hard times with understanding what is so awsome about the Catholic Church. so if anyone could help me out by telling me what they feel is importian in the Church that would be great

Mary's Knight, La

1 word Sacraments

what could be better than having the physical manifestation of the grace of God

Rebirth flame

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 7 2004, 04:02 PM'] I would think unity would be a big one, but i'm not catholic :) [/quote]
unity is a very big one, especially in reguards to the sacraments.

as Catholics, we believe that when we partake in mass, we unite ourselves to Catholics all across the globe. When we recieve the Eucharist, we become one with Christ and all other Catholics who are in communion with the Church.

We are living out a tradition that has gone on for almost 2000 years now, sharing the Body and Blood of Christ, all around the world. There is a mass being celebrated every minute, every day, 365 days a year.

Also adoration, spending time with Christ who is right infront of you. This is one of my favorite parts of Catholicism.

Rebirth flame

[quote name='FX2' date='Mar 7 2004, 06:08 PM'] Also adoration, spending time with Christ who is right infront of you.  This is one of my favorite parts of Catholicism.[/quote]

Catholicism may not be as old as some other world wide religions, but it's spread has been swift, and uncontained to just one area (whereas some older religions were contained to a specific country, like Greek Mythology, etc.).

i also like FX2's point that there is constantly a Mass being celebrated somewhere around the world. No other faith can boast that.
AMEN!!!! :)

Edited by Rebirth flame

Laudate_Dominum

Do you mean what is so awesome about the Church compared to other churches or just in general? Like just as a religion?

I would say the main thing that is awesome about it for me is that it brings a person into a relationship with God which gives meaning to even the simplest aspects of life. Even the boring and mundane aspects of the day take on a cosmic significance because every moment is an occassion for experiencing God's Presence and Love and of being drawn more deeply into the mystery of our existence. This is a central aspect of what the mysteries of Christ are all about, His Incarnation, Death, Resurrection, the Eucharist, our Baptism, the Church on earth, etc.. We are made partakers of the Divine Nature and are called into the dynamic mystery of God's Love which is bringing forth a new creation in our midst.
I know of no greater romance, no greater adventure, no greater challenge and triumph, no greater love.

i love how the whole Body of Christ (the Church) complements each other. I love how priests, religious, and families are all necessary and support each other. i love how you don't have to 'feel good' to know Jesus is right there. I love being able to go to ne country and know i'm home, the moment i walk in a Church b/c Jesus it there. i'll quit at least for now and others can tell more..oh and the comfort of confession, and sitting in front of Jesus at some odd hour of the morning when its completly silent....the rosary....

The only place you can participate in Christ's final sacrifice on Calvalry is in a Catholic mass. No other religion let's you actually consume His real Body and Blood.

I'd hope that would be reason enough.

Yeah, Dust said it all!!!!

Also we have role models, to live our life after. Saints!!!!!

Even though there dead, there alive in Heaven, and are willing to pray for us whever we ask them too!!!

And we have Mary, all faith's do, but don't ask of her intercession!