An Old School Catholic Message Board

Check Your Credit Card Statements!

abercius24

[quote name='dUSt' post='1670385' date='Oct 4 2008, 05:35 PM']I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me to trade my car in for a motorcycle, but she's not having that.[/quote]

That reminds me of the Home Depot commercial where the wife says to the kid "I want new floors, but I don't know how to tell your dad" so the kid yells "Mom wants new floors!". At the end of the commercial you hear the kid - obviously put up by his dad - shout "MOM! DAD WANTS A MOTORCYCLE!"

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1670088' date='Oct 4 2008, 02:50 AM']Mine just added a monthly service charge.[/quote]A monthly fee? I would cancel that card in a hot second.

I use credit cards all the time - gasoline, food, cell phone bill, anything - just to get airline miles or other rewards. My "Thank You Rewards Points" are flying me home for Christmas. I pay off the balances every month so I don't even know what the interest rates are. I am already paying plenty of interest on the mortgages and student loans, the thought of giving more money away makes me ill.

The only time I use my debit card is when the store offers a cash discount. I wish more places did that... it does bother me that the credit card companies take 3% of the transaction... but not enough to give up the airline miles.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1718460' date='Dec 4 2008, 05:09 AM']A monthly fee? I would cancel that card in a hot second.[/quote]
I just paid those off that were doing that (2 cards), and they still put a service charge on. Needless to say, I'm canceling them.

Just got a "Change in Terms of Service" mailing from Citibank a few days ago. Raising their interest rates, of course. (Not that I care; I don't carry a balance.)

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1718603' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:47 AM']I just paid those off that were doing that (2 cards), and they still put a service charge on. Needless to say, I'm canceling them.[/quote]what jerks...

TXU (my supplier of electricity) charged me $5.40 last month... apparently that's how much it costs for someone to go by my home to see that I haven't turned the power on all month. I would have suspended my service plan if I knew that it would take this long to get contractors.

I've just got a Debit card. I aslo have a credit card that came with my plan, but I don't ever plan on using it, especialy now.
wow.

Just paid off almost $5,000 in credit card debt yesterday. What a relief! Now I have about $200/month extra to go into savings!! :)

[quote name='zabbazooey' post='1720094' date='Dec 5 2008, 12:43 PM']Just paid off almost $5,000 in credit card debt yesterday. What a relief! Now I have about $200/month extra to go into savings!! :)[/quote]

Good job! That's hard to do! What a blessing.

dauntingknight

I use cash only unless it is something like a car,a gun, or anything that I would have to carry proof of ownership on.

Snowflake3981

I just looked at my statement from Capital One, and they dropped my interest rate dramatically from what it was the previous month, over 8% difference. SWEET. I don't know why that happened, but I'm happy about it.