Jake Huether Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote name='the_rev' date='Mar 9 2004, 06:11 AM'] It was taken away :sad: I am wearing my 100% Catholic t-shirt today! Let's see if she hollars at me! [/quote] Buy another one and wear it. God will provide the $$. And if they take it away again, buy another one. I wonder what they do with them when they're confiscated? You inspire me much, rev. God bless you.
marielapin Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 You go Rev! That's awesome that you had the courage to stand up to them like that. Way to go! May God continue to bless you!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote] Yes, I heard there going to ban crucifixes and medals from public schools, and I'm so gonna continue to wear mine![/quote] Good going! Don't let them push you around. They already banned them (and yalmakas) in France.
Lil Red Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 way to go, rev! God protect you and Our Lady help you.
Ash Wednesday Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 Rev, I seriously think they're in the wrong for taking your crucifix away. Can you imagine if a Jewish kid wearing a Star of David was told to take it off? People would mushy mud pie bricks. You shold contact the Catholic League, and take legal action. That is discrimination and a violation of your rights. :angry:
Lil Red Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 9 2004, 11:41 AM'] People would mushy mud pie bricks. [/quote] sorry, that's just hilarious!
littleflower+JMJ Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 yeah ash IS hilarious! the rev thats awesome how firm you were and how you stood up to those wanting to attack you for simply wearing a crucifix. those ppl had NO right to tell you and demand you to do that. keep it up, and dont back down. you made your phamily very proud ofyou! :cheer: :tiphat: thats the way!!
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 9 2004, 12:41 PM'] People would mushy mud pie bricks. [/quote] LMAO :rotfl: *wipes tear* That was hysterical!
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote name='BLAZEr' date='Mar 9 2004, 12:02 AM'] Can the Cassock Club have a wing for those of us who love Religious Habits too? [/quote] Most certainly.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote]You shold contact the Catholic League, and take legal action. That is discrimination and a violation of your rights.[/quote] Usually I'm one to think that people cry "lawyer" too quickly in this society, but this is just wrong. They cannot force you to take off a cross. Nor can they force you to take of a Miraculous Medal. If they force you to take off a scapular, I would come over there and they'd have real trouble (since a scapular is to be worn habitually). Contact the Catholic League. If they try to take anything else of yours, tell them that you won't take it off and that they'll have to take it off of you. Then tell them that if they do, you will tell every media outlet in your town. Ask for your cross back, too.
Lounge Daddy Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Mar 9 2004, 01:51 PM'] you made your phamily very proud ofyou! :cheer: :tiphat: thats the way!! [/quote] It's true. God bless you big time, brother.
Dave Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 Whoa . . . I think a misunderstanding took place here . . . A lot of people in this thread think that the_rev's crucifix was taken away from him. I looked in his original story, and it didn't say anything about that. Then I looked where he said "It was taken away," and he said that in the post right after Paladin asked what had happened to freedom of speech. The_rev was just answering Paladin's question. But the_rev, if I'm wrong, please jump in and say so, could ya?
Wynd Posted March 9, 2004 Posted March 9, 2004 For dave: [quote]It was taken away :sad:[/quote] Rev, these guys are right, good job and don't just take it lying down!
Dave Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 [quote name='Wynd' date='Mar 9 2004, 06:50 PM'] For dave: Rev, these guys are right, good job and don't just take it lying down! [/quote] That's the quote I was referring to, Wynd. That didn't mean his crucifix was taken away. Take a look at the post right before it, and look at Paladin's question.
Ash Wednesday Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 Crucifix taken away or not, they should stop harassing him. I don't know why people are so afraid of religion. A very small minority of humanist whiners sure throw their weight around a lot. And I stand by my statement about the bricks.
the_rev Posted March 10, 2004 Author Posted March 10, 2004 Today I decided to wear my marian shirt instead of my 100% catholic one. The marian shirt says on the front: Urgent Call Home and on the back it reads : Your mother hasn't heard from you in decades. (With a picture of the rosary.) When I got to school, and during first hour I was called down to the office. The same lady said, "Well, I see your wearing your cross today." I corrected her and said, "No, actually I'm wearing a crucifix." So after that, she said " I have received a few complaints, from teachers about your offensive shirt." I then replied, "Many people each day wear offensive shirts to me. Some advertise cigarettes, others demonic influences, and even one that says "Jesus Saves... and on the back, Money at Walmart." These shirts are offensive to many but some don't speak up. Well today I am. Why do you think this shirt is offensive, is it because it reflects me, and my beliefs?" She then replied, "Yes, that is why, you know Mary is dead, and she can't hear you." I replied, "Whatever!" *Now being sick of her and wanting to go back to class* She said, well I suppose you carry a rosary with you. I then replied, Your sure darn right I do! Wouldn't go anywhere without it. She said, You know I do have the right to suspend you. I replied, "Well, you forgot something else I'm wearing, I'm wearing a SCAPULAR. Taking it off and showing her it. Then reachiang in my pocket and getting one out and giving it to her. She then replied.... "Well i'm surely not gonna wear it." I said in response: "That is up to you. But getting back to you having the right to suspend me. I have contacted an outside Catholic organzation, who is great at taking people like you to court, since you are discrimintating me, as a Catholic. And I plan on carrying through if you continue to harrass me." She said, "Your dismissed." So I left, and when I left I saw her put the scapular I gave her on. I touched her. Hopefully this will help her!
crossingstandrewspass Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 Now talk about the Holy Spirit working! Great job!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now