An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protesting Is Not Attesting

Laudate_Dominum

Laudate_Dominum

This is from an interview with Rabbi Israel Zolli who was baptised into the Chuch back in 1945. I just thought it was sweet.

[quote]When the good Rabbi was asked why he had given up the Synagogue for the Church, he gave an answer that showed he had a keen understanding of his present position: "But I have not given it up. Christianity is the integration (completion or crown) of the Synagogue. For, the Synagogue was a promise, and Christianity is the fulfillment of that promise. The Synagogue pointed to Christianity: Christianity presupposes the Synagogue. So you see, one cannot exist without the other. What I converted to was the living Christianity."

"Then you believe that the Messias (the Christ) has come?" the interviewer asked. "Yes, positively," replied Zolli. "I have believed it many years. And now I am so firmly convinced of the truth of it that I can face the whole world and defend my faith with the certainty and solidity of the mountains."

"But why didn't you join one of the Protestant denominations, which are also Christian?"

"Because protesting is not attesting. I do not intend to embarrass anyone by asking: 'Why wait 1,500 years to protest?' The Catholic Church was recognized by the whole Christian world as the true Church of God for 15 consecutive centuries. No man can halt at the end of those 1,500 years and say that the Catholic Church is not the Church of Christ without embarrassing himself seriously. I can accept only that Church which was preached to all creatures by my own forefathers, the Twelve (Apostles) who, like me, issued from the Synagogue.
[/quote]

Laudate_Dominum, thanks for posting this! It's a wonderful witness...
There are so many links that can be seen between the catholic church, in the liturgy, the symbols etc and the jewish faith. It's a joy to be part of a church with ancient traditions, an amazing feeling to know that people from centuries ago were worshipping God in the same way! The timelessness (is that a word?! :unsure: ) of God is just incredible.....