Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

11:11 (significance?)


Recommended Posts

homeschoolmom
Posted

I've noticed that more seems to be done (ceremony-wise) here in the US for Memorial Day (in May) than Veteran's Day (in Nov.). Memorial Day (which used to be "Decoration Day") was started after the Civil War to remember those lost in the war. After WWI it was expanded to all war casualties. Now, however, it is a day to remember all loved ones who have died (with a special emphasis on veterans). I think because of this, there is less emphasis placed on Veteran's Day (Armistice Day, Remembrance Day) as they are competing holidays for the same purpose. They still sell poppies on 11/11, though, and I usually buy one if I'm out and about.

Archaeology cat
Posted

I got my poppy today at church. :))

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...