An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going To Adoration Tomorrow...

MissyP89

I'll be going to Adoration around 4:30 EST tomorrow. I'll take intentions up until 4 p.m. tomorrow. PM is fine if it's private. :)

Also, this is the first time I've ever gone. It's not Benediction, just me making an hour on my own. Is there any special etiquette I should be aware of? (Double genuflection, etc?) I also think there's some kind of indulgence attached. What is it, and how do I get it? :lol:

Anyway, do any of you have anything you want me to bring with me?

Edited by MissyP89

+J.M.J.+
for my husband's conversion.
for a healthy child to be born to us.
for discernment in my job.

thank you very much and God bless you!

missionseeker

Jeff beat me to it. hehe

But yes, also for safety for my dad. he hurt his back once doing this job and he is very far from home. And my family is struggling a bit with the time off. (I don't actually know what's going on... :/ ) And i know that he gets lonely out there away from us all.

For my sister and her fiance (who also works on the railroad, but not with my dad)

For my new baby cousin, Emily Grace :)

she_who_is_not

I've seen people do anything from a bow to a prostration when entering adoration. I usually kneel for a moment.
Can you please pray for my conversion? Thanks! Have a spiritual time!

There is a plenary indulgence for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament for at least half an hour. The requirements for gaining a plenary indulgence are the performance of the indulgenced work (going to adoration) and the fulfillment of three conditions: sacramental confession, Eucharistic Communion, and a prayer for the pope's intentions. A further require is the exclusion of all attachment to sin, even venial sin. The three conditions may be carried out several days preceding or following performance of the prescribed work.

Hope that helps!

As for intentions, could you pray for all who are unemployed, especially those who are struggling to make ends meet because of it, that they may be able to find jobs.

JM + JT

[list]
[*]For my vocation (I may be attending a Vocations Awareness Weekend in the beginning of November)
[*]For me and my peers who just got off retreat today
[*]For my altar servers who got in trouble while I was gone
[*]For my ACT test this Saturday, that I may get a 28 or higher to go to Florida colleges free.
[*]That I may be able to meet this Saturday with a priest whom I hope to make my spiritual director
[*]That I may be able to go to March for Life (the KoC have offered to give my school 3 scholarships which cover half the cost!)
[*]That I may finish applying to college with little or no stress
[*]That I may receive this $1000 scholarship and other scholarships that I am applying for to help my parents cover all those costs that come around this time
[*]For two special intentions
[/list]

God reward you!

Edited by salterrae

For the chastity club that I am trying to start on my secular campus, that we'll recognized as an official organization.

Thank you.

For my friend who will enter a convent.

For the conversion of my family

For me to get my student loan payed off in time

Thank you and God Bless!