Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Is Going To Win The Presidency?


The Presidency  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Saint Therese
Posted

I think they should thumb wrestle for it.

Posted

Appalled that even one person here who identifies themselves as Roman Catholic would vote for a pro-abortion candidate.

Roman Catholics, as weak as many are in their faith, represent the largest faith in this country (28%) and we are the least catered too, because our flock gets picked off only to regret it later on.

Imagine if are numbers were smaller but stronger, we would be heard.

Thanks to those non-obedient Catholics for possibly electing the anti-Christ.

Posted

Is Bill Cosby Pro-Life? :smokey: I guess I should have checked into that before I voted for MCCAIN/PALIN!

Posted

[quote name='StMichael' post='1691641' date='Nov 2 2008, 02:17 PM']Appalled that even one person here who identifies themselves as Roman Catholic would vote for a pro-abortion candidate.

Roman Catholics, as weak as many are in their faith, represent the largest faith in this country (28%) and we are the least catered too, because our flock gets picked off only to regret it later on.

Imagine if are numbers were smaller but stronger, we would be heard.

Thanks to those non-obedient Catholics for possibly electing the anti-Christ.[/quote]

:)) Saint Michael the arch angel,Defend us this day in battle,be our protector against the wickedness and snares of the devil,...........

Posted

I voted that Obama will win. Clearly.

And tomorrow I will be voting Bob Barr. As a matter of fact, I am voting straight ticket Libertarian. Again. I did that in 2006 also.

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1692308' date='Nov 3 2008, 12:38 PM']I voted that Obama will win. Clearly.

And tomorrow I will be voting Bob Barr. As a matter of fact, I am voting straight ticket Libertarian. Again. I did that in 2006 also.[/quote]
Libertarian is a waste of a vote. It is not clear Obama will win. It is a close race.

Posted

BTW, guys... I just want to mention.

The reason Obama is so far ahead and so beloved by people, is because of what Bush did over his last two terms. We, as Catholics, may be solely focused on abortion, but very few Americans consider that a decisive issue. (And the ones who do, on either side, are not "swing" voters.)

In large part, typical Americans [i]hate[/i] that we have become the bad guys of the world. That we invade sovereign countries, torture people, and spy on our own citizens. That's why all Obama has to do is say "Change" and people want him. I see this over and over.

There may not be another Republican in office for a generation, with the backlash from what Bush and Co. has done. And... I kind of wonder if partisan religious conservatives haven't contributed, by going along with whatever the party wanted, just because he was against abortion [i]too[/i].

Posted

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1692340' date='Nov 3 2008, 01:38 PM']Libertarian is a waste of a vote. It is not clear Obama will win. It is a close race.[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1692340' date='Nov 3 2008, 02:38 PM']Libertarian is a waste of a vote. It is not clear Obama will win. It is a close race.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

dominicansoul
Posted (edited)

Seeing that McCain is actually closing the gap in key battleground crucial states, I think every Catholic should vote for him rather than give their votes to third party candidates who won't beat Obama...but rather, that vote will help Obama get elected...


[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_el_pr/split_decision;_ylt=AvtEllyK5NoA.D6IOaf3MzDCw5R4"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_...D6IOaf3MzDCw5R4[/url]

Edited by dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1692412' date='Nov 3 2008, 03:22 PM']Seeing that McCain is actually closing the gap in key battleground crucial states, I think every Catholic should vote for him rather than give their votes to third party candidates who won't beat Obama...but rather, that vote will help Obama get elected...


[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_el_pr/split_decision;_ylt=AvtEllyK5NoA.D6IOaf3MzDCw5R4"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_...D6IOaf3MzDCw5R4[/url][/quote]
A splash of common sense. :bluesbrother:

Posted

Firstly, the same media that created a presidential candidate in Onama is the same that tore down Bush.

Bush's first term was never an issue. The 2nd term lost its way.

Bush kept this country secure from further terrorist attacks
Bush's maintained the economy after 9/11.

Did Bush make a mistake going into Iraq? Who gave him the power to invade? Both parties.

After losing the house in 2006, he pretty much was done from there.

I reject that Bush was the worst as in my lifetime that would have been Carter.

As for issues, I can cite far more than abortion on why not to vote for Obama.

From the economy and welfare state Obama wants to create.

From signing FOCA into law.

From his alliances to such people as Farrakhan to Ayers.

From national security, where we will see a stronger Russia with Obama around as they are now in our hemispere.

You have to drink a ton of kool aid to vote for someone you know zero about who has done zero to even qualify to get this far.

[quote name='philothea' post='1692344' date='Nov 3 2008, 01:47 PM']BTW, guys... I just want to mention.

The reason Obama is so far ahead and so beloved by people, is because of what Bush did over his last two terms. We, as Catholics, may be solely focused on abortion, but very few Americans consider that a decisive issue. (And the ones who do, on either side, are not "swing" voters.)

In large part, typical Americans [i]hate[/i] that we have become the bad guys of the world. That we invade sovereign countries, torture people, and spy on our own citizens. That's why all Obama has to do is say "Change" and people want him. I see this over and over.

There may not be another Republican in office for a generation, with the backlash from what Bush and Co. has done. And... I kind of wonder if partisan religious conservatives haven't contributed, by going along with whatever the party wanted, just because he was against abortion [i]too[/i].[/quote]

princessgianna
Posted (edited)

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1691687' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:47 PM']:)) Saint Michael the arch angel,Defend us this day in battle,be our protector against the wickedness and snares of the devil,...........[/quote]
May God rebuke him we humbly pray and thou O Prince of the Heavenly Host BY THE POWER OF GOD thrust into Hell, Satan and all evil Spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
~Amen.

Edited by princessgianna
Posted

[quote name='philothea' post='1692344' date='Nov 3 2008, 02:47 PM']BTW, guys... I just want to mention.

The reason Obama is so far ahead and so beloved by people, is because of what Bush did over his last two terms. We, as Catholics, may be solely focused on abortion, but very few Americans consider that a decisive issue. (And the ones who do, on either side, are not "swing" voters.)

In large part, typical Americans [i]hate[/i] that we have become the bad guys of the world. That we invade sovereign countries, torture people, and spy on our own citizens. That's why all Obama has to do is say "Change" and people want him. I see this over and over.

There may not be another Republican in office for a generation, with the backlash from what Bush and Co. has done. And... I kind of wonder if partisan religious conservatives haven't contributed, by going along with whatever the party wanted, just because he was against abortion [i]too[/i].[/quote]
First of all, Obama isn't SO far ahead (in fact, pundits are surprised he isn't farther ahead, when economic troubles usually ensure an easy victory for party not in office). And for a significant number of Americans (myself included), Obama is hardly "beloved," but is loathed and feared for his socialism, lies, and radical pro-abort record.

And "typical Americans" (outside the liberal "elite") aren't really worried about what the French think of them or whether we're too rough on genocidal scum, but about their jobs, mortgages, and the price of gas.

If Obama wins, the anti-Dem backlash will be even greater, with an economy in the sewer, taxes through the roof, and leftist Dems in charge of both the Presidency and Congress.

When the economy is bad, the guys currently in charge get blamed, and get voted out. This time won't be any different.

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='philothea' post='1692344' date='Nov 3 2008, 02:47 PM']BTW, guys... I just want to mention.

The reason Obama is so far ahead and so beloved by people, is because of what Bush did over his last two terms. We, as Catholics, may be solely focused on abortion, but very few Americans consider that a decisive issue. (And the ones who do, on either side, are not "swing" voters.)

In large part, typical Americans [i]hate[/i] that we have become the bad guys of the world. That we invade sovereign countries, torture people, and spy on our own citizens. That's why all Obama has to do is say "Change" and people want him. I see this over and over.

There may not be another Republican in office for a generation, with the backlash from what Bush and Co. has done. And... I kind of wonder if partisan religious conservatives haven't contributed, by going along with whatever the party wanted, just because he was against abortion [i]too[/i].[/quote]


I couldn't agree with this more. It's the same reason Congress and the House turned majority Democrat. People were angry at the Republicans because of George Bush's war-mongering. I'm angry too, and I'm a Republican.

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='Socrates' post='1692734' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:43 PM']First of all, Obama isn't SO far ahead (in fact, pundits are surprised he isn't farther ahead, when economic troubles usually ensure an easy victory for party not in office). And for a significant number of Americans (myself included), Obama is hardly "beloved," but is loathed and feared for his socialism, lies, and radical pro-abort record.

And "typical Americans" (outside the liberal "elite") aren't really worried about what the French think of them or whether we're too rough on genocidal scum, but about their jobs, mortgages, and the price of gas.

If Obama wins, the anti-Dem backlash will be even greater, with an economy in the sewer, taxes through the roof, and leftist Dems in charge of both the Presidency and Congress.

When the economy is bad, the guys currently in charge get blamed, and get voted out. This time won't be any different.[/quote]

I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the importance of how the rest of the world views us, or how much Americans care. I don't think Americans care "what the French think of us" because the French have never really liked us. No love lost there. But I think most fair-minded Americans care what our strong political allies (or at least countries we generally have good relations with) think of us and when we turn England, Germany, South Korea, Japan, and Italy sour...basically everyone except Mongolia is mad at us...I think we SHOULD care. Personally, I do care what others think of us. Depending on who it is, that is. It's definitely not just liberals who care.

Actually, George Bush has done a lot of good in Africa and he got an amazing reception when he went over there--but you won't hear about this in the mainstream news.

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='StMichael' post='1692587' date='Nov 3 2008, 07:55 PM']Firstly, the same media that created a presidential candidate in Onama is the same that tore down Bush.

Bush's first term was never an issue. The 2nd term lost its way.

Bush kept this country secure from further terrorist attacks
Bush's maintained the economy after 9/11.

Did Bush make a mistake going into Iraq? Who gave him the power to invade? Both parties.

After losing the house in 2006, he pretty much was done from there.

I reject that Bush was the worst as in my lifetime that would have been Carter.

As for issues, I can cite far more than abortion on why not to vote for Obama.

From the economy and welfare state Obama wants to create.

From signing FOCA into law.

From his alliances to such people as Farrakhan to Ayers.

From national security, where we will see a stronger Russia with Obama around as they are now in our hemispere.

You have to drink a ton of kool aid to vote for someone you know zero about who has done zero to even qualify to get this far.[/quote]

Total agreement on all points.

Although it's true that Bush was given the vote to invade Iraq--still I blame him. He's the Commander in Chief. Plus, the 9/11 report already proved the intelligence that was used to support the invasion was false. This was one of the criticisms of Bush's decision: that he didn't question the intelligence and didn't WANT to.

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1692412' date='Nov 3 2008, 04:22 PM']Seeing that McCain is actually closing the gap in key battleground crucial states, I think every Catholic should vote for him rather than give their votes to third party candidates who won't beat Obama...but rather, that vote will help Obama get elected...


[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_el_pr/split_decision;_ylt=AvtEllyK5NoA.D6IOaf3MzDCw5R4"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_...D6IOaf3MzDCw5R4[/url][/quote]


I agree, DS. After a lot of thought and prayer, I made my decision last weekend: I'm voting for McCain. I will do so with some bad taste in my mouth but I'll tell you one thing, I can sleep well on my decision to take a vote away from Barack "Don't be punished with a baby and spread the wealth around" Obama.

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='StMichael' post='1691641' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:17 PM']Thanks to those non-obedient Catholics for possibly electing the anti-Christ.[/quote]

I know a whole bunch them. Religious Sisters in the bunch, too. Heming and hawing about "national security", "social justice" and "economy". Not nary a word about abortion or his support for the homosexual lifestyle, including transgendered and transsexual people, and gay "marriage" (all of which is going to lead to birth certificates with three options for "parent" and people changing their gender on all personal identification including birth certificates and passports--it's already being demanded by gay "rights" groups--and under President Obama, it will happen). And all these disobedient Catholics, voting for a man who DIRECTLY opposes all basic Judeo-Christian values and natural law and the moral teachings of our religion, responding to facts about Obama with comments like "well, we don't know that for sure".

Disgusts me in ways I can't even articulate.

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1692308' date='Nov 3 2008, 01:38 PM']I voted that Obama will win. Clearly.

And tomorrow I will be voting Bob Barr. As a matter of fact, I am voting straight ticket Libertarian. Again. I did that in 2006 also.[/quote]
Where does stand on abortion? couldn't find it on his sight.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...