Lil Red Posted November 20, 2008 Author Posted November 20, 2008 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1705975' date='Nov 20 2008, 02:45 PM']How about Linus, Cletus, Clement, Sixtus, Cornelius, Cyprian, Lawrence, Chrysogonus, Cosmas, Damian, Ignatius, Alexander, Marcellinus, Felicity, Perpetua, Agatha, Agnes, [color="#FF0000"][b]Cecilia[/b][/color] or Anastasia?[/quote] +J.M.J.+ did you read my first post? my daughter's name is Cecelia.
icelandic_iceskater Posted November 20, 2008 Posted November 20, 2008 I think he was reciting part of the mass^^
Lil Red Posted November 20, 2008 Author Posted November 20, 2008 [quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1706041' date='Nov 20 2008, 03:24 PM']I think he was reciting part of the mass^^[/quote] +J.M.J.+ i know that. Eucharistic Prayer I.
dominicansoul Posted November 20, 2008 Posted November 20, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1705855' date='Nov 20 2008, 03:37 PM']+J.M.J.+ i love the name Dominic but i'm having a hard time convincing my husband.[/quote] ...tell him it means, "of the Lord"
homeschoolmom Posted November 20, 2008 Posted November 20, 2008 I'm not sure why this thread was closed... I'm guessing it was an accident. My suggestion? Rosemary.
Lil Red Posted November 20, 2008 Author Posted November 20, 2008 [quote name='scardella' post='1706039' date='Nov 20 2008, 03:23 PM']Maxwell Smart[/quote] +J.M.J.+ maybe i don't want our boy (if it is) to become an inept secret agent.
Tinkerlina Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 Congratulations! I babysit my cousin's twins and the girl is named Felicity. I just think that's a beautiful name-I think there is a St. Felicitus? I also love Isabelle or Isabella and Elspeth for girls. For boys I like Neville (not sure if it's classic but it's kind of a traditionalish name), Edwin and Elijah Katie
Maria Faustina Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 Girls: Faustina, Faustine, Ave Maria, Josephina, Christiana, Catalina, Leonie, Therese, Amata Boys: DOMINIC!!! Thomas, Aquinas, Xavier, Luke, Augustine, Jordan, John Thomas, Ambrose, Benedict, Blaise.
Maggyie Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 Hmmm. I think I have similar taste in baby names, except that I am less into the "offbeat" classics and more into standard classics like Mary, Jane, Peter, John. Sadly I don't think I will have any opportunity to use my favorites in the near future. For girls: Lucy, Agnes, Violet (for St. Therese), Bianca, Bridget, Clara, Josephine, Diana, Virginia, Harriet, Patricia. My own name is Margaret and it's quite rare! I go by Maggie of course but I once met a Margaret who went by Daisy (from the French, who call daisies [i]les marguerites[/i].). For boys: Linus, Noel, Constantine, Arthur, Henry, Augustine, Colin, Virgil. Now most people would say all of those are old people names! Also many of the boys names are so-called "sissy" names and I am informed that many men will drop dead before they let their sons be saddled with such a moniker.
Resurrexi Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1706036' date='Nov 20 2008, 05:22 PM']+J.M.J.+ did you read my first post? my daughter's name is Cecelia. [/quote] I skimmed your post. I thought you had said that you were considering the name Cecelia Rose.
icelandic_iceskater Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 [quote name='Maggie' post='1706286' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:02 PM']Augustine[/quote] I second that
mamalove Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 What feast days are around the time of the due date? That's how my mother-in-law named her babies. With most of my kids, I chose a very classical first name and got a little more inspired for the middle name (still somewhat common but with special meaning to us) Peter Gabriel (no, not after the 80's singer) Samuel Kapaun (Fr. Emil Kapaun. . .Pray for us!) James Simeon (born on the feast of the Presentation) John Paul- Joseph (First name John, two middle names after my late grandfather) Aaron Michael (born just days before two good friends were both ordained to the priesthood. We thought Fr. Aaron and Fr. Michael might get a kick out of it!) If there is a girl out there someday. . .Eva Therese You'll find that special name, and if not, you can always draw out of a hat!
RosaMystica Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 (edited) Girls: Maris Stella Clare Therese Madaleine Sophie Ursula Maria Ave Maria Maria Magdalena Antoinine Marie (I had to edit and put this one in!!) Boys: Jude Thaddeus Augustine Thomas John-Paul Peter Maximilian Marie Ephrem Alexander Edited November 21, 2008 by RosaMystica
TotusTuusMaria Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 Gabriella Therese Maria Teresa Marguerite Sophia Margaret Sophia Esther Kate Lilly Elyssia (Lilly after Bl. Kateri Takakwitha) Catherine Anastasia Charlotte Camille Maria Consolta Caroline Frances Anne Philomena Immaculee Marie Camilla Grace Alice Kathleen Joanna Rose Judith Bernadette Gemma Jacinta Marie Ruth Christina Josephine Carmelita Olivia Rita Francesca Ellen Dominica Salonus Anthony Giorgio Dominic Patrick Pio (I actually know a Catholic boy who has this name) Joseph Benedict Thomas Kolbe
Excelsior1027 Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 I was just relating to my brother some of the funny posts on this thread, and he suggested Shadrach, Meshach, or Abednego.
Maximilianus Posted November 21, 2008 Posted November 21, 2008 Just look at the Roman Martyrology or a list of the Saints, there are more than enough names to choose from that are off beat and unique. My ancestors had some pretty unique names like Benigno (Benignus) and Eleuteria (I'm speculating it's the feminine form of Eleutherius)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now