Lounge Daddy Posted December 5, 2008 Posted December 5, 2008 (edited) This was just passed on to me by a Catholic friend. Join us in wearing blue this Monday, Dec 8! [indent]My youth group leader was giving a talk one night and he said, "There are over a billion Catholics in the world. If Catholics decided to wear the color blue tomorrow, everyone would be like...Blue is a cool color." And that made me have this crazy idea.... What if all of us Catholics actually did that? So I decided in honor of our mother Mary, on December 8th, which is The Feast of The Immaculate Conception, we will all wear the color light blue. Please help me accomplish this goal! Invite all your Catholic friends! Even if you are not Catholic and you want to honor Mary...that's cool too. Join us in this movement and be a witness to the world! "If you are what you should be, you will set the whole world on fire. Let the truth be your delight...proclaim it...but with a certain congeniality." -- Saint Catherine of Siena[/indent] Edited December 5, 2008 by Lounge Daddy
Lil Red Posted December 5, 2008 Posted December 5, 2008 +J.M.J.+ that's awesome, but i don't think i have any blue shirts that fit my belly right now.
goldbug16 Posted December 6, 2008 Posted December 6, 2008 There's a facebook group for this: [url="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=29832043741&ref=mf"]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.p...3741&ref=mf[/url]
dauntingknight Posted December 6, 2008 Posted December 6, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1720286' date='Dec 5 2008, 03:15 PM']This was just passed on to me by a Catholic friend. Join us in wearing blue this Monday, Dec 8! [indent]My youth group leader was giving a talk one night and he said, "There are over a billion Catholics in the world. If Catholics decided to wear the color blue tomorrow, everyone would be like...Blue is a cool color." And that made me have this crazy idea.... What if all of us Catholics actually did that? So I decided in honor of our mother Mary, on December 8th, which is The Feast of The Immaculate Conception, we will all wear the color light blue. Please help me accomplish this goal! Invite all your Catholic friends! Even if you are not Catholic and you want to honor Mary...that's cool too. Join us in this movement and be a witness to the world! "If you are what you should be, you will set the whole world on fire. Let the truth be your delight...proclaim it...but with a certain congeniality." -- Saint Catherine of Siena[/indent][/quote] Says the guy who has a devil on a couch with a really cool pistol. I am serving the Latin Mass that day so I 'll try to remeber to wear blue. Edited December 6, 2008 by dauntingknight
Lounge Daddy Posted December 6, 2008 Author Posted December 6, 2008 [quote name='dauntingknight' post='1720479' date='Dec 5 2008, 09:23 PM']Says the guy who has a devil on a couch with a really cool pistol. I am serving the Latin Mass that day so I 'll try to remeber to wear blue.[/quote] Hey, I'm planning on Latin Mass that day, myself.
littlesister Posted December 6, 2008 Posted December 6, 2008 While you're wearing blue, remember the Chaldean Sisters of Mary Immaculate, who will be receiving their first three American postulants that day. Their Patriarch will be in the US from Iraq to bless their house and consecrate their chapel. May much growth come out of their suffering at home.
jeffpugh Posted December 7, 2008 Posted December 7, 2008 Blue it is! I have a nice light blue sweater I can wear
dauntingknight Posted December 7, 2008 Posted December 7, 2008 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1720603' date='Dec 5 2008, 10:33 PM']Hey, I'm planning on Latin Mass that day, myself. [/quote] Awesome man!
Brigid Posted December 7, 2008 Posted December 7, 2008 I have to wear a uniform for school, but I'm so wearing my light blue uniform shirt. I invited tons of people to the event on facebook.
jenna311 Posted December 8, 2008 Posted December 8, 2008 I'll be wearing my mary tshirt tomorrow--not all blue, but i think it counts
Lounge Daddy Posted December 9, 2008 Author Posted December 9, 2008 Saw some blue. Some others did, too. How about you? I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!
Arpy Posted December 9, 2008 Posted December 9, 2008 I got a friend to wear a Mary t-shirt, but that was it. My only piece of light blue clothing would have been hidden beneath my sweatshirt.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now