Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, I have been praying my rosary, (ok, so I just started today!) in front of the blessed sacrament at [url="http://savior.org"]http://savior.org[/url], where they have perpetual online adoration. I was wondering is this permitted by the church? Are we really praying in front of Jesus, even through the internet, or do we have to be present in body at that place of adoration to be praying in front of the blessed sacrament.

If you could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

Good night, gotta go do my spiritual reading now!

Posted (edited)

I think that praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament over the internet is much better than not praying at all. However, there is really nothing like being in the presence of Jesus at a Church or chapel. I guess the parallel would be the difference between being present to someone with a webcam or with them sitting in your living room. There really is no comparison.

I think it is great that you are praying, but if at all possible seek the fuller experience in reality, not cyberspace.

Peace,

Fr. Pontifex

Edited by Pontifex

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...