An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Trinity - The Devil's Doctrine

reyb

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1739510' date='Dec 31 2008, 10:49 AM']God created a source of light.[/quote]
[indent]And this 'source of light' becomes the universe or what?[/indent]

KnightofChrist

[quote name='reyb' post='1739934' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:58 PM'][indent]And this 'source of light' becomes the universe or what?[/indent][/quote]

It could have been the big bang in my opinion. But what matters most is that it was some type of created light source, which separated itself from darkness.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1739932' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:56 PM']The dwelling place of God, which location is unknown to us because among many reasons is outside time and space.[/quote]

[indent]....and that is Heaven. [/indent]
[indent]Okay I will post again our subject verse.

Gen 1:1-5
[color="#FF0000"]1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning — the first day. [/color]
NIV[/indent]

[indent]Let me ask again, where is the Spirit of God before God said 'Let there be light'?[/indent]

Edited by reyb

KnightofChrist

[quote name='reyb' post='1739942' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:05 PM'][indent]....and that is Heaven. [/indent]
[indent]Okay I will post again our subject verse.

Gen 1:1-5
[color="#FF0000"]1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning — the first day. [/color]
NIV[/indent]

[indent]Let me ask again, where is the Spirit of God before God said 'Let there be light'?[/indent][/quote]

The dwelling place of God is where ever God dwells, but that is not the same thing as "the heavens" in Gen 1:1-5. which are the sky and outer space.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1739940' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:04 PM']It could have been the big bang in my opinion. But what matters most is that it was some type of created light source, which separated itself from darkness.[/quote]

[indent]if that light in second sentence means 'particles of fires' as 'source of light' for example in big bang theory, water is already there where the Spirit of God is hovering before this light was created. What is this water then? I hope the idea of UFO will not take place in our discussion. :)
[/indent]

KnightofChrist

[quote name='reyb' post='1739950' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:19 PM'][indent]if that light in second sentence means 'particles of fires' as 'source of light' for example in big bang theory, water is already there where the Spirit of God is hovering before this light was created. What is this water then? I hope the idea of UFO will not take place in our discussion. :)
[/indent][/quote]

The big bang was only my opinion. The Genesis account does not intend to be in direct order of events.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1739946' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:16 PM']The dwelling place of God is where ever God dwells, but that is not the same thing as "the heavens" in Gen 1:1-5. which are the sky and outer space.[/quote]

[indent]So these heavens and earth in Genesis is actually the outer space or the universe and our planet (earth). Why then it is writen the (Gen 1:2) [color="#FF0000"]Now the earth was formless and empty[/color], if this is really 'creating' the entire universe?NIV[/indent]

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1739951' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:23 PM']The big bang was only my opinion. The Genesis account does not intend to be in direct order of events.[/quote]
[indent]Well okay and it is not necessarily mean that is what the writer of Genesis had in mind when he wrote it.[/indent]

[quote name='Hassan' post='1739445' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:25 AM']There is no historical Jesus but that does not mean there is no Jesus the Christ? Well you obviously believe Jesus is not divine, so what was he? Not a prophet as only men are prophets in the Semetic tradition, not an angle as there is nothing ontologically unique from one angle to another, nothing to merit being "the Christ", so what was he?[/quote]

[indent]Christ is the mystery of God. How can I reveal Him to you? Yes, he is not a prophet and he is not an angel. [/indent]